+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Too much Power Creates Greed?

x._Loveless.Murder_.x Aiora may be famous one day Aiora may be famous one day Aiora's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Too much Power Creates Greed?

Well i believe that power will cause greed, it had happened all throughtout history, now though most people with power aren't bas, there are many examples of those who have commited crimes, in the conquest for power, like hitler for example, he wanted to wipe out an entire race of people, so he may create a new civilization, where he controls everything.

-".. Chase the morning, yield for nothing."

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

it's not power...it's the person who can't control it. one has to have the experience of balacing power to avoid the greedness of it.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    hello AO i was just wondering what you all thought about power, yes power is great but is too much power too much? Will all this power create greed in a sense that you want more and more power that you aren't getting which creates a greedy person?

I belive this is true and i think people should have an equal amount of power except one person that is sensible and choosen for good causes.
    Have you ever taught a class? When you get up in front of everyone and are the equivalent of a dictator to them, all that power makes you want to give a pop quiz . . . It's marvelous.

Power corrupts. It's a fact of life. That's why the voting world has to be careful about who they elect to power.

Otaku Tom2Ace is off to a good start Tom2Ace's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree power does create greed because if we didn't have power then were would the greed come from ? and also like every person should have a equal amount of power because no-one is better than anyone else .

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that claiming it automatically creates greed is a copout. It relives us of the responsibility of holding our public officials to standards or ourselves if we should find ourselves in a similar situation. Choice. Power nor money can remove it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

They say absolute power corrupts absolutey. I think it's a common misconception that all power is evil. For some people, their wish for power stems from wanting to provide support for others, and make positive changes. There's another saying that goes "Greed is good', and this is also true. You could be a glutton for honesty, virtue, and kindness. You might be so greedy as to want more and more friends, and will do good things until you get them, thats not bad at all. I think power is fine, we all just need to be a little more responsible.

Otaku Panda Golf Champion Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost may be famous one day Ryoga_TheLost's Avatar
    Thanks

Power in the wrong hands will lead to greed and misuse of their power. Not just one people should have too much power over things.

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

To much power some what makes greed cause there must be some things in history that make power ok i think most poeple can be greed for power but not all. the more powerful you are you do get hungey for more but then again poeple are only human he and they cant resiet most things.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast