+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: transgender?

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: transgender?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Wouldnt it be simpler to figure out what hormone (etc) suppliments they needed and treat it at the mental level? Not to mention less permenant. A supliment can be discontinued. Surgery is usually a little harder to change your mind with after the fact.
    Well unfortunatly it is apparent that if hormones are the cause then hormone treatment would be useless. The hormones in question are being presented to the child very early in development while inside the mother, while the brain it's self is beginning to develop. Hence as the theory states, the hormones the baby is exposed to permanently alter the structure of the brain, relating to my post a month or two ago regarding the structural difference found in the brains of males versus females and many homosexual males. It is said that the brain develops it's gender association not based on the dna of the child, but on what hormones the mother is releasing. In most cases this is not a problem because the child releases chemicals (based on it's genetic gender) into the mother and these chemicals are said to have fairly good control on what levels of various hormones the mother produces, hence most people are born with no gender identity issues. However it is said that in some circumstances such as extreme stress, the mother's body can on it's own excrete excess amounts of a given hormone, regardless of the child inside her, and this hormone flows through her bloodstream and the child is exposed to it. It is said that if this happens at certain points in development, there is a chance that the brain will develop differently.

I posted once about an expirment with rats, rats brains are still in development when they are born and so when removing the source of testosterone from male rats right after birth, they age and act very feminine. However, even when injected with testosterone the tested male rats showed little difference in behavior even in the company of normal male rats. It is speculated that their brains were not fully 'primed' to recieve and react to testosterone.

And again, studies in this area are far from over, but I try and do my best to keep up with them and report on what I have found thus far.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it will be interesting to see where it takes us. I suspect that alot of things that are currently considered the only solutions will cease to even be considered the more we learn.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah but would be right for the familys to feel right about this, am sure the father wouldn't like it, if he doesnt have a soft heart he probably say your cut off this family like your gender

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

transgender's are nasty in my opinon, they're just creepy and weird, and i don't think that people are born to act that way like their gay or something, people just chose to like boys or girls.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Cutting your dick off does not make you a woman in my opinion. You can wear all the women's clothes and make up you want but you're still a man.

Below is a picture of the famous transexual Korean model Harisu. The pictures of him when he looked like a man are on the left and when he turned into a woman is on the right. You wouldn't know she was is really a man until she/he talks. Even if you didn't know he was a transexual you know something is up when he talks. His voice is deep as hell.

Last edited by Shodokan; Dec 15, 2006 at 01:10 AM.

Newbie Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist may be famous one day Esperologist's Avatar
    Thanks

I won't stop someone if they want to switch genders... especially if there is a doctor out there willing to do it for them.

However, I do not agree with transgender.

I once thought that it would be better if I was a woman instead of a man.
    After a year, I realized that I thought that life would be easier as a woman... but really, life isn't easier for a woman. Sure, some of the problems that plague men don't plague women... but they have their own problems.
    Besides, if I switched to the female gender I'd be a lesbian and I wouldn't be able to have children any more. (Well, maybe through frozen genetic material into my wife, but where is the fun in that?)

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does everyone ask questions like these... people have to right questioning others' decision, it's all a matter of what that person feels is right for them... but alas, people, some not all, disagree with this.. why I wonder.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4