+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Transgendered Children in School

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Transgendered Children in School

Quote Originally Posted by abby724 View Post
    Brings up an interesting question... Has the kid even reached puberty yet? If he has—and it's possible, third grade is actually the age I went through it—, well then hey, I can't hold it against the kid for discovering herself, but if he hasn't, then I'm not sure he's lived long enough (and, well, the mental capacity) to truly know his gender identity.

I'm actually pretty delighted the school is supportive. The earlier children learn about these things, the better... Sure, yes, they may have to teach Sex Ed., but chances are, many 8-year olds at the school are pretty informed with the issue. And in my experience, the earlier a child knows about these things, the less crude jokes they make about it... And possibly, the more accepting they wil be of issues like that. So that might temper the amount of stigma the boy gets later on.

Concerning the pressure the parents of the school have to go under... Yes, it may seem a little unfair, especially to parents who are... less open-minded, but to me, it doesn't like there's any harm in educating your children about this.

"[Insert name here]'s is just a girl in a boy's body; he was just unlucky enough to be born a boy when his [brain, mind, soul, sense of gender identity, you name it] that of a girl's."

To me, stigma from this is mainly based out of fear of something unorthodox and not commonly faced with. And perhaps... it's better not to explain to your children. The boy might explain to classmates on her own, and her message might be conveyed better that way. "I was born a boy, but I just don't feel like a boy." Kids his age are straightforward with their thoughts and feelings like that, aren't they? Well the ones I know...

To conclude my thoughts, I don't believe the boy is a danger to society, nor the school, unless she actually has some dangerous mental disorders that make her loony in the head.
    You reached puberty at 8? Is that even possible? The earliest i heard is 9, and most go thru it between 10-13, with the latter being the most common. Remember when the brady kid went thru it, he was thirteen.

So i highly doubt this kid is going thru puberty at 8.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    You reached puberty at 8? Is that even possible? The earliest i heard is 9, and most go thru it between 10-13, with the latter being the most common. Remember when the brady kid went thru it, he was thirteen.

So i highly doubt this kid is going thru puberty at 8.
    Well... I was 8 and 7-and-a-half months old. I still wasn't 9 years old, though. Going through it early runs through my family, especially on my mother's side. We get through it early, too...

But, if this kid did go through puberty at this age, it doesn't matter if he doesn't have the mental maturity to... Well, truly know these things. Maybe she does, and heck, maybe her family is full of people who reach puberty at a young age and are quite intelligent compared to other people at any age. —that ran in my family, both sides... and not to brag, got passed down to me too, but so did quite a few mental disorders

I'm sorry to say I can't make a clear, justifyable assessment of the situation without actually meeting the kid, going through his history, family history, family line (genetic) history, and interviewing his relatives... But if the case is what I think it is, it's probably too early to label him as transgendered. Probably. But in my experience the youngerones are more... accepting of things than teenagers... maybe going on like this will save him from big mental scarring from the future, like say when he peers have grown up, and perhaps accepted his identity crisis, being educated about it an an early age.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

i know a lot of ppl are going to give me ish for this....

i believe if a person if they want to be gay bi (pun untended) all means be gay

but i do find it somewhat disturbing that they want to actually "change" their gender.....ewwww

but on topic

its 8 years old (its, rofl) it has no understanding of anything really....i believe the school is semi autistic for even taking into consideration this blatent lack of parenting......there is no way that this should be allowed......the child is not old enough to kno wat it wants .....if it wants to watch pokemon or naruto.....ok thats a decision its old enough to make......but the changing of its gender........OMGWTFBBQ......

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heartless_mage View Post
    but i do find it somewhat disturbing that they want to actually "change" their gender.....ewwww
    Way to demonstrate extreme ignorance on the topic at hand.

Oddly enough, transgendered people are legally potected and morally accepted in a number of societies that are hostile to homosexuality. Even conservative islamic governments that execute homosexuals and rape victims acknowledge gender disorders and ENCOURAGE sex changes in those who suffer from them.

In Thailand, transgendered men are considered an elite "third sex" and are prized as lovers, artists and performers.

Hormone treatment, hair removal and other processes of the like are generally covered by national health insurance AND are even provided to those in the prison system in the United States.

Intersexuality is more common than you think (those born with genetic or physical traits of both genders) and I'm willing to bet you've probably met a transexual or intersexed individual and never known any better.

This would seem to imply that you're in the minority of those who find it so incomprehensible...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Way to demonstrate extreme ignorance on the topic at hand.
    Thats not really ignorance, its just an opinion. Now the stuff said b4 that, maybe.

This would seem to imply that you're in the minority of those who find it so incomprehensible...
    I don't think she was saying it was incomprehensible, just that the idea is disturbing to her personally, in which i tend to agree. But if someone can't live with the way things are, and its killing them inside, then they got to do what they got to do. In the old days this stuff was incomprehensible, nowadays it isnt so much anymore, But most people still find it disturbing and kinda freaky. I mean it aint like your changing your look by dressing different or changing your name, your chopping off you womanhood or manhood. Just so drastic for most people to feel comfortable with. So you get eeeew.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, it would be up to the child and if the parents support it, I suppose. It will be difficult for them as they grow up, so that would be the downside. But eventually, children will have to learn about some decisions that people make, and unfortunately their parents will have to explain it.....always the hard part for the parents on these matters.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a question for you guys. Would you be offended if you found out you were dating a girl who was really a dude

I hope his mother doesn't do anything drastic like chop his little pee pee off. He's too young for something like that to happen.

In a newspaper article a boy in middle school wanted to be a girl. He wore girl clothes and make up and even used the girl's bathroom. Of course the kids called him a faggot and a whole bunch of nasty names. You expect that to happen but Tsurara's video makes me go WTF?

I really hope this little boy looks like a little girl. I've seen men who try to be women when you can really tell they're really dudes. There was this really ugly looking guy at this football game I went to. He was a guy with long hair lipstick and make up on and short shorts. All the people in the stands near him were laughing at him. That was not funny I almost vomited seriously.

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I think that this child is able to make that decision mostly because if I could make the decision that I'm gay at the age of 5 and still believe so at the age of 20 (21 in 80 days) an 8 year old can make that choice. Every generation children are growing faster and learning faster. Why not be more aware faster? You know?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast