+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transportation

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Transportation

Have any of you had second thoughts about getting a car ?
    The price of Gas has finaly gone out of control, and emmision testing has gotton to restricted , Yes having a car is nice and very cool and yet you will pay for repairs the car but the hardest repairs is emissions no matter what you repair to fix it they still say NO to you and as for the GAS you don't get your money's worth for a full tank of gas these days
    I remenber when I was driving how I hated the emissions testing
    I always think thier full B.S and thier testing ruiened your car.
    and yet I yell at them at the emission testing station that they be out of the job some time soon, and from the news reports I seen and heard it sounds it might just come true now I live in a small town in arizona
    and eveything is close together in the nieghborhood and think of getting a golf car as my transperation no emissions no gas just electric
    this online arcitle about nieghborhood transperation
    Golf carts could take to streets

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Transperation

I was thinking of getting a car, but can't find a decent car that is cheap and is still in good conditions. Yeah it's similar where I live. about 10-15 minute walk, less if ur a fast walker to the shops. But now im not sure of getting one or not. i got work near the city and its costing me $28 for a weekly ticket, atleast this is much cheaper than getting gas every week
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Transportation

Now these days people are sell thier car because of cost of gas now.
    if you had a job near the nieghborhood you can get Golf car and find out where you can drive it that's what I'm doing here where I am
    Last edited by Manga artist; Jan 27, 2008 at 11:04 AM.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

lol ^^ There are cars that work on electricity too, very small, but the size od it could also be a good thing in a crowded place like London (you can park in the smalles place!!! )
    You can take a look at one of those here:
    GoinGreen, the G-Wiz i
    I've seen exactly these cars on the streets, they're quite good for a city. There are other cars that are more... advanced...
    A bit old, but good article here:
    Batteries included, The Guardian, August 2006
    So you don't necesary have to buy a golf cart That's kinda funny ^^

Well I don't need a car much. If I'd stay in London I deffinetely wouldn't get one. It sure is better to go by public transport here. It comes out cheaper because there are not oly the gas costs but also congestion charges. And the public transport here is very good, very comfortable... And it's just a great plus that I don't do any harm to the environment like that. Of course I alone don't change a thing, but oh well... one step at a time ^^

I'll need one in Latvia though, because the infrastructure and public transport is not that well developed.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

There are cars that run on 30MPG so i guess that would be the best choice. Also, you can modify a car to run on corn oil and some other stuff. Although, it depends where you live or work. If you live in a city then you can use the metro or the metropolitan public buses to go to work and on your way back home.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

dude that G-wiz is an awful thing, i'd rather drive a golf cart...but the current crop of Small cars availble in the us have some really good MPG numbers... the scion XD and toyota Yaris can do at least 30mph on the hwy...and they aren't hybrids...the toyota Prius (hybrid) can pull north of 60mpg with a limp dead will to push on the accelerator...Diesel is really the way to go, awsome MPG rateings. Europe is full of them, as there its alot cheaper than gas.
    i still dont know whay the US hasn't gone ahead and let the little Diesels in...the particulate problem has mostly been fixed and we are already like 4 generations behind what they use in europe...
    a VW lupo with a 1.9L turbo diesel can pull 45-54mpg...their are efficiant cars out there...
    its just the big US car makers refuse to let go of their cash cows like the suburban and explorers...
    o yeah the Smart car was just realised here in cali...now thats a tiny car with a good 33-41mpg...on gas...

on a note...battery powered car will not work in very cold climates...most of canada is screwed and northern america...batterys dont do well in freezing temps
    Don't Panic

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

on a note...battery powered car will not work in very cold climates...most of Canada is screwed and northern America...battery's don't do well in freezing temps
    Yes, but the battery's might be able to be encased in some type of compound to warm them. Or some type of device might be used to warm them.

Thanks

True My grandpa made an electic vechicle and his best friend buy his patent made it transperation for hadicap people
    most of the people in SunCity arizona drive golf carts to the local store
    it's really a another mode of transperation

+ Reply to Thread