+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Troop Withdrawal Part 2

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Troop Withdrawal Part 2

Withdraw troops from Iraq now or not? Please answer yes or no, and then state your reasons why. The reason for this is because you either are withdrawing troops or not. Since no one knows the future please base answers on Iraq now.

I say we withdrawal troops now. There may be more to do in Iraq, I am certain but America has done all it can do in Iraq. The rest is up to the citizens of Iraq . Why not a middle way? Well the facts as I see them from my persoanal experience is that any facilities would be an easy target for terrorism. We don't want a vietnam scenario where we decide to put in a small unit but then must escalate measures to protect it. As we ended up doing with the advisors in that period. Which is why I feel there is no middle ground with troop withdraw. You either want it or you don't.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Troop Withdrawal Part 2

You can't just withdraw the troops like Vietnam or something, otherwise the whole country will go into anarchy again.
    I agree with you though, I don't like that our troops are there and I wish we could withdraw them like I just did to the money in my bank account, but if we do... chaos.

Thanks

If we did not want chaos then we should have just left Saddam in power. War is by its essence chaotic. If you are not a fan of chaos you should not go to war. If you do not want to perpetuate chaos then you must stop war. In otherwords they will keep trying to kill our soldiers as long as they are there and chaos reigns supreme.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

True, we did very well believe that Saddam had "weapons of mass destruction" and we were all scared and wanted to take him down and secure the weapons. I remember how scared I was. Now that I have gone through an in-depth US History class I think, yes we should've never gone to war. Iran has the ability to make nukes and what are we doing? Negotiations, peace talks, that's how it should be done.

Thanks

It is a little bit difficult to sit on top of a nuclear arsenal though and condemn other countries for wanting to do the same. I mean look at how hard the government has tried to get peple to buy into how environmentally sound nuclear energy is. Of course other countries want that now.

Thanks

But if you buy into nuclear energy you might get another Chernobyl. This has gotten off topic I think

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they can withdraw the troops and everything will be fine. Some of the other countries troops are leaving because Iraq has their very own police force and what not. Besides we can't help them out forever, they need to man up sometime and become a stable country.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Thanks

THis is also true. I remember watching the news a long time ago and US troops were training an Iraq military. They should be fine if Iraq's police and military start getting more and more involved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast