+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal Healthcare?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Universal Healthcare?

It is not truely universal, it only covers the US and it does not include any reference to the Gelgamek.
    I didn't coin the term. But its a commonly used one. Do you not understand what "Universal health care" is referring to? Because if you indeed understand what was MEANT when I said it (and when others say it), and you know its not sincerely "universal"... Then, why wouldn't you take the time to actually state an opinion on the matter? Instead of pointing out the obvious...
    ... Not Ever Again...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And the question will come up on 'What Type' of universal health care, and what kind of rationing of health care. It would be foolish to spend tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands for experimental treatment that may (or may not) extend the life of a single patient for one or two years while having trouble coming up with preventative childhood vaccinations that could potentially save thousands by preventing a disease epidemic from happening...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Do I have to post the actual health care bill in here like I did in another thread so people can see all the crap thats inside of it and how bad of an idea it all is? You know what, I am going to do it any way reguradless, this way you guys can see for your self and I don't have to repeat my self like a broken recored and you can argue with the actual document.

This document contains basic translation of what it means, but take it as you will and compare it, if anything use the page numbers and such to find them in the bill, there are far more HC issues not coved by the first document as they are only highlights, to find the actual health care bill see the attached document HR3200 in blue at the top of the page.

http://www.lc.org/media/9980/attachm...ama_072909.pdf
    Last edited by Scourge; Sep 08, 2009 at 09:12 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    This document contains basic translation of what it means, but take it as you will and compare it, if anything use the page numbers and such to find them in the bill, there are far more HC issues not coved by the first document as they are only highlights, to find the actual health care bill see the attached document HR3200 in blue at the top of the page.

http://www.lc.org/media/9980/attachm...ama_072909.pdf
    This document also dates from the end of July! Since the proposals for Obama's Health Care Proposal is in a constant state of flux, this document is too far out of date to be a useful reference...

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well what i ment by My other statment is that healcare so be free to all, But that is easy to say but if the goverment keeps taken a way programs to cover their on backs
    or to be free of blame then what will happen when I am turn 65, I will have no Social seruity or no health care,

what is the point of getting older if one you can't enjoy it and two I can't retire or have good healthcare benifits?

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    Well what i ment by My other statment is that healcare so be free to all, But that is easy to say but if the goverment keeps taken a way programs to cover their on backs
    or to be free of blame then what will happen when I am turn 65, I will have no Social seruity or no health care,

what is the point of getting older if one you can't enjoy it and two I can't retire or have good healthcare benifits?
    You have to keep in mind that the US Social Security was never intended to be your sole means of retirement income. Social Security is suppose to be a SUPPLEMENT to your own retirement savings, but protected and guaranteed by the government to protect you from bank failures and stock market crashes...

Regardless of what the government does, you still have your personal responsibility to save up your retirement funds for the future...

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This document also dates from the end of July! Since the proposals for Obama's Health Care Proposal is in a constant state of flux, this document is too far out of date to be a useful reference...
    Even so, the fact remains that this is the bill as it stands before they bring out with their new proposels which will in all likely hood going up in flames like it has so many times before. Also Len, the bill has been changing for decades and its still a pial of crap. Untill the new one comes out we have nothing to go by other then this one which they are still pushing very hard for. Now you have stated as to the fact that you don't understand how people can be against a bill that is being changed, how ever I question as to how you can support something that is being changed that the both of us are unsure of whats going to be added, changed, or removed. If thats the case then we wouldnt be in this argument do to the fact that we can't argure on something thats being in flux either pro. or against. I agree that something needs to be done, how ever I believe the Gov. shouldnt not have control while you are wanting Gov. control.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    .... I agree that something needs to be done, how ever I believe the Gov. shouldnt not have control while you are wanting Gov. control.
    But with examples of this kind of behavior, do you truly expect that private industry can solve this problem???
    In the past 18 months, California's five largest insurers paid almost $19 million in fines for marooning policyholders who had fallen ill. That includes a $1 million fine against Health Net, which admitted offering bonuses to employees for finding reasons to cancel policies, according to company documents released in court.

"This is probably the most egregious of examples of health insurers using their power and their resources to deny benefits to people who are most in need of care," said Gerald Kominski, associate director of the Center for Health Policy Research at the University of California at Los Angeles. "It's really a horrendous activity on the part of the insurers."
    Canceled policies: Insurers cite fraud control - Washington Post- msnbc.com

Private industry had their chance to show they could solve the problem. And no government mandate is forcing the insurance companies to act this way... The results speak for themselves...

And this is about as close as your going to find as far as the updated Health Care Overhaul proposal goes...
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Se...0Framework.pdf
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Sep 08, 2009 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast