+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Universal Healthcare?

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Universal Healthcare?

I can't speak for the people of Canada. But I heard medicine was really inexpensive in Cuba according to that movie Sicko. I am thinking of all the Cubans I know that try to hop the fence to get some freedom and I think to myself I would rather be free then have low cost healthcare. I mean seriously I know that is not the way it is in other parts of the Earth but it was a bad structuring of arguments.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I am thinking of all the Cubans I know that try to hop the fence to get some freedom and I think to myself I would rather be free then have low cost healthcare.
    Well, freedom is all how you look at it. In the United States, we may have a heightened sense of freedom. We may have more "freedoms" than what others are allowed in their countries. But we're not free. Not having universal health care helps solidify that in my opinion. Not that having it would make us any MORE free either.
    A sincere freedom, in this world, with the people who inhabit it... would mean total chaos. Yet, no one can agree on what amount of order is fair and just. I'm a US citizen and still my freedoms are infringed upon, by the very government I'm under. Regardless to how great we might seem to someone on the other side of the fence where the grass doesn't seem so green. Whats great about living here... becomes lesser with time.

Don't kid yourself, we're all sheep.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Oct 10, 2009 at 08:10 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

I said I wasn't gonna get in on this~ I lied.

Actually living there may not be so great, having to put up with a dodgy government and all that terrible smog, it's just the most ideal place on Earth to live. Whether it's the pretty colors on the coast or the mild temperatures all around there's something about America everyone loves. I'd even like to spend some time down there, but in like a neglected state. Idaho or Wisconsin maybe.

Whenever I think back on the history of Canada and try to categorize the decades by major movements or fads I always mix up our culture with that of America's; the communism craze and rock-a-billy swing music weren't ours, same for hippies and 80's rebels. America has such a fascinating and changing culture with so many little differences that a person could spend their whole life wishing it was still 1960.

Other places around the globe where people are oppressed etc. consider, not only the US, but all of North America a paradise. Religion isn't a binding chain that ties one down to a way of life and don't forget the lax rules surrounding the prominent religions here; In my opinion, people are coming here to escape the retarded tyranny of their leaders many of whom are deeply religious, or at least appear to be. Women under strict religions are especially hopeful I would assume considering how little value is placed on their life.

I'm not saying all men treat their spouses like that, simply exemplifying the stereotype.

I don't think it's becoming lesser as time goes on. We can't realize what a great time we're living in because, well, we're living it. Have you ever seen a TV show where something changes from one shape to another without moving any parts on its body, it just kind of shifts into something else? Well, I have a hard time processing things like that because they happen indefinitely and quickly. There are so many advances going on in the world that it's hard to sit back and realize it's really going down, it's exciting.

On a side note, technology is completely and wholly updated every 18 months. Trippy.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

This is coming from a straight post, in reply to no one's post.

So this healthcare system is supposed to be good? for us? You can /HOPE/ it is, but not, really. This country has hundreds of thousands, if not millions of jobs in insurance. Health insurance becomes avaliable to everyone? What's going to happen then? I'm sure the government won't shut down the companies, but here's how it's going to work. Everyone gets healthcare, even those illegals, so the government is paying for our healthcare now, GREAT! NOT. So everyone who pays for their healthcare can choose to keep paying for it, but why would they? There's a free system out there! So the people go "hey i can get this for free, i won't pay for it" so the government healthcare gets tons of people flowing into it, and no one pays for health insurance anymore. Well now you've just put hundreds of thousands of people out of work. They used to have healthcare, whether they paid for it or got it as a benefit, and now you're loading THEM onto that free healthcare system as well. Well we get to a point where it's no longer going to be so "Free" and the government will be going into the point of debt decline again since everyone that had private healthcare payments will be mooching off the government's money. Well the government's money comes from, GUESS WHERE, TAXES! With all these people loaded onto this system, the government will have to pay for it. They don't have the money to pay for it. All the money that was being circulated through private healthcare now resides in the pockets of americans, who expect their free healthcare. So how the government gets its money for the FREAKING HUGE amount of people is to TAX US!!.
    Taxes section: Now you know the rich people can afford to get out of paying taxes and moving money to avoid them since they're ridiculously large (not to say they're not selfish too), they're going to keep increasing taxes since the large supporting base bundle from the rich isn't there, they have to make up for it with the middle class.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually Kool2bchilln, even the rich are having to pay taxes under this administarting I do believe, either that or I am confusing my self with an economic report that stated that even taxing the rich it still not enough to support it. Either way thats really really bad. On top of that this whole mentality of Obama and his peoples "You have it to good/make to much money and their for we are distributing it/cutting the amount you earn." mind set and all of this craziness of cap and trade...ect, ect, is going to severly hurt jobs because its mostly the rich and wealthy buisness that employs people and is the actual heart and engine of any countries economy.

Now I understand the healthcare system we have now isant perfect, but the most corrupt and terrable part of the healthcare system we have now are those that Gov. actually runs and not so much the privet sector. So why would any one want to give all of that to the Gov. which has proven it self its incapable of doing?
    Last edited by Scourge; Oct 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    even the rich are having to pay taxes under this administarting I do believe
    the rich were always required to pay taxes, but if you've got enough money your could pay someone off, or have your lawyers make it disappear, or move money overseas. There's many ways that have been tried and some have succeeded (my friend is an insurance fraud investigator =] so i get some /fun/ stories from him ) and if they don't succeed and are charged, they make bail, and pay the fine as if nothing happened. But on top of it all, tax are the driving point, because as you get more rich, you don't just pay an equal share of your money to the government, they say the middle class pays us 10% which is about $5,000/person (imaginary) but the rich, instead of getting $100,000 at 10% from them, they say we want 35% from you. This is why they move their money around to avoid taxes, because they're taxed completely unfairly.

i got distracted here, posted what i have

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kool2bchilln For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Oct 13, 2009)

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Above stuff
    How can other countries in the world utilize universal health, or some variation on that theme, and not get all hung up in the cash craze? HMO's were made by Americans out of false need and whomever is clever enough to work for one is clever enough to talk their way into some other profession.

People would not flow into government health care because all citizens are automatically in the system. It's not a pick and choose kind of game.

Nobody is mooching? It's not like say, my best friend's ex-boyfriend's niece can go out and ask the government for braces and a hundred dollar bill. Yes, money from taxes helps fund the system but that's not the only source of income; foundations, organizations, charities etc. are all behind our health care system. If your government decides it's wise to tax the shit out of you then is America really where you want to be?

The basic function of universal heath is that everyone gets treated equally and properly, even if they are poor and even if that are immigrants. Universal health doesn't care what your ethnicity is and it sure as shit doesn't care if all you got in your pocket is dimes and nickles, its only purpose it to make sick people better in a cost effective way.

So let me get this straight, all the money circulating in the private health blah blah doesn't belong to the Americans who worked hard to earn it? Are you really saying that Americans should surrender their money to a government that is totally ass backwards in exchange for choppy medical treatment?

Everything you just said makes the US sound like a bunch of greedy morons looking out for only for themselves.

Also, the United States of America is the only industrialized country in the world that doesn't offer universal health care. Lots of developing countries have it too.

I found that one on Wikipedia :P it's a pretty heavy allegation so I'm betting it's true, to all you people who discredit Wikipedia, this one's for you.

Comparison of Canadian and American health care systems
    Last edited by FLawEdmiNd; Oct 14, 2009 at 08:58 PM.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln View Post
    This is coming from a straight post, in reply to no one's post.

So this healthcare system is supposed to be good? for us? You can /HOPE/ it is, but not, really. This country has hundreds of thousands, if not millions of jobs in insurance. Health insurance becomes avaliable to everyone? What's going to happen then?
    Yes but look at the US postal Service. So many organizations have made success on doing a better job in relation to US Postal Service. These include but are not limited to FedEx and DHL. A little fire underneath you can be a good thing. It motivates them to improve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast