+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Universal Healthcare?

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    5 minutes past where the church used to be.
    Thanks

Re: Universal Healthcare?

not if it costs someone 300 bucks plus taxing for the gov service that is otherwise free. no one wants to pay someone else more money for healthcare when they're already being require to pay the government for that service.

Newbie wiccachick5 is off to a good start wiccachick5's Avatar
    Thanks

I live in canada,, and healthcare is free, now if the world was like that, no one would be sick, and... for the comment about ppl hopping the border to get freedom, but at what cost. i mean i rather get low cost health care then freedom in all honesty!
    My love for you was strong, it hurts to carry on, without you by my side, i now have to go hide!

Otaku Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln may be famous one day Kool2bchilln's Avatar
    Thanks

"nothing is free"
    someone either racks up huge amounts of credit for it, or someone pays for it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kool2bchilln For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Oct 19, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

People don't get the fact that its not completely free. Everything else is heavily taxed to make up for the massive spendatures. Not to mention the care is rassioned at Gov's. will. Look in all "free healthcare" countries. ALL have this with people being hung out to dry because the Gov. decided to blow them off or believe you are not worth the money. The very young and the very old are the ones who usually get shafted.

Now here comes the argument of "Well I get great health care under FHC." Well thats nice but guess what, I get awesome health care with our current system, plus I get to see my Dr. with in a few days, longest I had to wait was for a week and a half, and depending how bad my injuries are, such as when I tore a tendent in my foot, I saw the Dr. in an hour.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

Kool2bchilln (Oct 19, 2009)

Thanks

lolrelated chain-email.................................................. ........................
    THIS JUST IN ...

Democrats, realizing the huge success of the President's "Cash For Clunkers" rebate program, have revamped a major portion of their National Health Care Plan.

President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Sen. Reed are expected to make this major announcement at a joint news conference later this week. I have obtained a advanced copy of the proposal which is named....

CASH FOR CODGERS and it works like this... Couples wishing to access health care funds in order to pay for the delivery of a child will be required to turn in one old person for each child they conceive. The amount the government grants them will be fixed according to a sliding scale. Older and more prescription dependent codgers will garner the highest amounts, while younger healthier codgers will earn them less.

Special "Bonus Money" will be paid for those submitting codgers in targeted groups such as; smokers, beer/ alcohol drinkers, persons 10 pounds over their government prescribed weight, and any member of the Republican Party.

Smaller bonuses will be given for codgers who eat/drink; beef, soda, fried foods, tater chips, lattes ,whole milk, dairy products, bacon, Brussel sprouts, Carvel or Girl Scout Cookies.

All codgers will be immediately rendered totally useless via toxic injection upon submission to the plan. This will insure that they are not secretly resold/reused or that their body parts be harvested to keep other codgers in decent repair.

Admin Cowboy Bebop is off to a good start Cowboy Bebop's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no such things as "free" health care. Universal Health care is a pooling of risk amongst all citizens in a country and the overall citizenry bears the costs. Just think of it as one large insurance plan. I am not sure if it is a good or a bad thing. It has worked well in some European countries as well as in Canada. Will be interesting to see where the US health care bills end up. It won't be universal health care, but will be at least a little step closer to that direction regardless of what comes out of congress.

Thanks

It won't be universal health care, but will be at least a little step closer to that direction regardless of what comes out of congress.
    It almost sounds like you want it, in contrast to the beginning of your post =/ so really i don't see if you're even supporting a side. clarify?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kool2bchilln For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Oct 20, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kool2bchilln View Post
    lolrelated chain-email.................................................. ........................
    First of all, thats funny as hell, even though I have already heared that before
    but its still funny. I needed a good chuckle this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Bebop View Post
    There is no such things as "free" health care. Universal Health care is a pooling of risk amongst all citizens in a country and the overall citizenry bears the costs. Just think of it as one large insurance plan. I am not sure if it is a good or a bad thing. It has worked well in some European countries as well as in Canada. Will be interesting to see where the US health care bills end up. It won't be universal health care, but will be at least a little step closer to that direction regardless of what comes out of congress.
    ... This is so very contradicting I can't make heads or tails of it, kind of like a a playing card, you can never tell which side is up or down. In any case, NO!! In Canada and Europe both have rashening of health care, expesialy Europe compared to Canada, I have family in both so don't call me a lier, not to mention my uncle is a Dr. Also, there is a reason why EVERYTHING in Europe costs more and have to pay higher taxes then the US does, and thats because of their healthcare system which plays a big part into that.
    After my uncle's medical meeting thing, I don't know much about it, but he meets up with Dr.s from other countries to discuse, well, medical issues and such, this is what he had to say after going over the respected Dr's practices under Free/Universal health care. And I quote.
    "Free/Universal health care is slow, inefficent, expensive, unreliable, uncareing, and full of buricratic nonsense...!!"
    He went way further then that and said a few things I can not repeat here in the forums so yeah, thats the jist of it.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast