+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: US China Oil Conspiracy

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: US China Oil Conspiracy

You dont want to admit it, but china has a lot of potential to become a super power and a fierce competitor with the US.
    Can you quote me on that? Did I ever say that?

This is what I said:

7. China has more options then war to retaliate against the United States. The best war they could get into with us would be a trade war....though they are more dependant on us right now then we are on them. Instead, China will play nice with the U.S. to keep the free trade money flowing in. Then they will buy what weapons they need to be able to make war on the U.S. It has nothing do to with oil agreements and everything to do with a militiristic mindset. But as things stand now, China is not prepaired or capable to challenge the U.S. in prolonged military conflict.
    I have no problem admitting that China has the capability to become a super power again. And they are a fierce competitor with the U.S. in many things. But military might is not one of those factors right now. Arrianna has already shown you percentage breakdowns of their capabilities compared to other countries.

20 years is a long time. It's possible that in 20 years both the U.S. and China will be eclipsed by some other country in terms of military power. But that isn't what your theory proposed, now is it. If this is some grand plan by GW Bush, shouldn't it take place SOMEWHERE in his presidency? If that's the case, then China needs to be at a place where it could confidently declare war against us in the next 2 years. I don't see that happening.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

my bad

But i still think its wrong. Chinas not even on the top 10??

look at this from wikipedia China as an emerging superpower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Certainly, you can start here: Military Problems
    Malaysian strategic thinker Bunn Nagara has claimed that "The Chinese armed forces are technologically backward, compared even to the Russians -- which in turn are backward compared to NATO", while Sakanaka Tomohisa calls the "so-called Chinese military threat more psychological than real-world"
    They are a big fish in a small pond. The only thing they do have is the largest military in the world. Large is not better though. It is technology and discipline that wins wars, not numbers.

1.China- 2,100,000 personal / quality rating of 32%
    2.USA- 1,400,000 personal / quality rating of 93%
    3.India- 1,250,000 personal / quality rating of 35%
    (Everyone else is at 1 mill or less)

Think about what that means.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol you think the chinese are poorly disciplined? Thats like saying Americans are the smartest people in the world.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    Lol you think the chinese are poorly disciplined? Thats like saying Americans are the smartest people in the world.
    I wouldn't laugh if I was you. The top 5 inventions that have changed the world are the gun, computer, jet, telephone, and television (and possibly the a-bomb). Guess where most of those were invented.

Is the Chinese military poorly disciplined? By comparison with European militaries, yes. Are they less efficient, very much so. Check the quality rating again which is based on "imperfect leadership, component of force quality, support, training" etc.

From your article again:
    the surge of violence and bloodshed against intellectuals during the Cultural Revolution during this time period, resulted in a shortage of trained and skilled engineers and military leaders

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    I wouldn't laugh if I was you. The top 5 inventions that have changed the world are the gun, computer, jet, telephone, and television (and possibly the a-bomb). Guess where most of those were invented.

Is the Chinese military poorly disciplined? By comparison with European militaries, yes. Are they less efficient, very much so. Check the quality rating again which is based on "imperfect leadership, component of force quality, support, training" etc.
    Most of the inventions from america were only because of immigrants from other countrys.

When i say americans arent the smartest in the world, i mean how we lack behind every other country in grades and engineering. China and japan rank higher then us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    Most of the inventions from america were only because of immigrants from other countrys.

When i say americans arent the smartest in the world, i mean how we lack behind every other country in grades and engineering. China and japan rank higher then us.
    Actually.. no, we only fall behind in grades in our public schools. The US's Universities are listed among the best in the world as is our engineers. Why do you think that so many continued innovations come from the US? No, they are not just from immigrants. At one time that was true but back then a very large populace of the US was immigrants within 1 or 2 generations. Where do you think most of us come from anyway?

You need to stop buying into this America Sucks mentality and start actually appreciating what we have here.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Are those really the top 5 inventions that changed the world?

You need to stop buying into this America Sucks mentality and start actually appreciating what we have here.
    The biggest trees catch more wind Arrianna, there's no helping it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast