+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: US China Oil Conspiracy

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: US China Oil Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    The printing press? Nope. Not unless you show show a direct link between a disused (very breakable) clay movable type in China and the Gutenberg Press invented in Germany. That is the press that changed the world.
    Well I don't have a picture of an example. You're just going to have to take an professor in the Chinese studies at a university's word for it. (Not my own word of course ).
    The Chinese did invent a press like the Gutenberg press. The letter blocks were made of wood though. But as I said, they discarded the model for the other one because they just didn't have any use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    As I said before, you cannot claim to have changed the world if what you did did not go to the rest of the world, even if you invented it first.
    The invention of it changed the world. It might not have changed the world when they were invented. (Which would be very hard considering China's isolationist attitude.) But they did invent it. That's a fact.

It's just like the discovery of the American continent. The Vikings did it before Columbus. They didn't do much with that discovery but I still acknowledge the fact that they did it.

Otaku Fish Hunter 2 Champion, Ice Mania Champion, Pigeon Hunter Champion, Bear & Cat Champion exderz may be famous one day exderz may be famous one day exderz's Avatar
    Thanks

why are we arguing who made it....its not like if you guys made anything.....but still i wonder who would one if America were fighting china....

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exderz View Post
    why are we arguing who made it....its not like if you guys made anything.....but still i wonder who would one if America were fighting china....
    No one ever wins in a war exderz, it should be pretty obvious.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    You really ought to have a source for a statement like that.
    First, I am an American Soldier so I really just said that as a pride thing but the Republic of China has sent many troops to the US to learn from us and take info back. I know I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post

The rest are under 50% and most of those are under 20%
    So if you were going to rank militaries it would go:
    1. USA
    2. UK
    3. Japan
    4. Germany
    5. Israel
    6. Australia
    7. Canada / France (49%)
    8. Netherlands (48%)
    9. Saudi Arabia (45%)
    10. Italy / Finland (43%)

China does not even make the top 10.
    Israel should be higher on the list, look at the battle performance statistics of the different countries in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    No one ever wins in a war exderz, it should be pretty obvious.
    I agree with you to a certain extent, but in some cases when a culture survives to another generation that in itself is winning.

And didn't we win the Cold War?

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

You are absolutely right on with Vietnam. In fact, it was after the Tet Offensive, when we started using hundreds of thousands of small scale microphones implanted in the ground to monitor Viet Cong movements, as well as a far more active role by the commanding generals that we started to make some progress.

However, China is a significant threat, but not as a military superpower. Instead, it is by America's weakness and stupidity that they will prosper. We've given them the Panama Canal, as well as major capital equipment that private industries here in the States are selling off once said fabrication plants reach their full depreciation (they become "worthless" in our eyes, reaching salvage value, but the Chinese use them anyway).

The major Chinese threat will be through their monetary policy, not a direct engagement. They are artificially discounting the value of their currency, the yuan, making it very profitable for us to buy their exports. At the same time, by the standard model for capital and commercial trade, the Chinese are buying U.S. government securities (bonds, especially those with a large interest rate and longer maturity) like crazy.

They intend to wait until these U.S. securities reach maturity in 30 years, and when they do so, the Politburo will most likely artificially inflate the yuan beyond the face value of the U.S. dollar. This will make things very difficult for the Central and South American nations which have "dollarized", using our currency as their own to simplify their economy, but it will be more than effective to push our government debt through the roof.

Our only means to counter this threat is to allow inflation to take place as our economy expands at it's steady 5% annual expansion, and let the decreasing value of the dollar work in our favor. This will make our exports cheaper, and put us in a position in which we buy rather than sell capital with foreign nations.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, that actually makes sense. It's a pretty sneeky plan too. I also understand that they are bulking up their military hardware with Russian (I think) goods using the profit they are making from trading with America. it would make sense that they would invest in our economy as well to fuel their future ambitions. And if it can cripple us at the same time...

I really have to hand it to the Chinese government at times. They are the only communist country I've known of that has been able to integrate capitalism into the communist system and make it work for them. China is a dangerous enemy not because of what they can do NOW but what they can do in the FUTURE. They have a great deal of potential ahead of them.

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    You know, that actually makes sense. It's a pretty sneeky plan too. I also understand that they are bulking up their military hardware with Russian (I think) goods using the profit they are making from trading with America. it would make sense that they would invest in our economy as well to fuel their future ambitions. And if it can cripple us at the same time...

I really have to hand it to the Chinese government at times. They are the only communist country I've known of that has been able to integrate capitalism into the communist system and make it work for them. China is a dangerous enemy not because of what they can do NOW but what they can do in the FUTURE. They have a great deal of potential ahead of them.
    And thats exactly what i wanted to hear

When i was watching discovery channel the other day, about the future of 2057, the announcer said,

"You dont have to have a crystal ball to see that China will emerge a economic and military superpower, And that tensions between China-US relations ships will begin to rise"

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    And thats exactly what i wanted to hear
    That the Chinese government is made of sneaky, devious, backstabbers? Whatever floats your boat.

It still has no bearing on the subject though, If anything it would prove it's the other way around.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast