+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: USA, will they stop being the world's top dog?

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

USA, will they stop being the world's top dog?

I’m in the army but what I would like to talk about any one who pays attention to what is going on in the world would see what I’m talking about. From what I have gathered the USA is losing their power not just in economy but also as a military. China is getting stronger every day and if it wasn’t for the USA losing money so would Russia. China Navy is now the size of the USA beside their aircraft carriers. China money is only a couple of cents away from being even to the US dollar.

This is what I’m seeing I would like to know what others think about this. Also do you think China could become the world power or will the USA fix them self?

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: USA, will they stop being the world's top dog?

Technologically the US is still much more advanced and precise then compared to the Chinese. They may have a very large military no doubt but comparativly speaking still inferior to the US. That being said they are still a considerable threat. I am an engineer and work for the Gov. so I know what I am talking about when it comes down to technological hardware. The only real advantage they have is their numbers. How ever we have the MOAB (Which is like an Atomic bomb but kills by using pressure waves from the explosion and not by extreme heat, also no radioactive fallow out and a smaller blast radius) and other weapons that were designed specifically to eliminate an enemies numerical advantage, as well as weapons to disable and disorient and confuse enemies which the Chinese do not.
    Also economically China is also feeling the pinch just like us economically.
    Russia is still an economic mess, with a powerful yet dysfunctional military that are not very well disciplined.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Technologically the US is still much more advanced and precise then compared to the Chinese. They may have a very large military no doubt but comparativly speaking still inferior to the US. That being said they are still a considerable threat. I am an engineer and work for the Gov. so I know what I am talking about when it comes down to technological hardware. The only real advantage they have is their numbers. How ever we have the MOAB (Which is like an Atomic bomb but kills by using pressure waves from the explosion and not by extreme heat, also no radioactive fallow out and a smaller blast radius) and other weapons that were designed specifically to eliminate an enemies numerical advantage, as well as weapons to disable and disorient and confuse enemies which the Chinese do not.
    Also economically China is also feeling the pinch just like us economically.
    Russia is still an economic mess, with a powerful yet dysfunctional military that are not very well disciplined.
    Scourge here makes a great point, and a better one than i could have made.

Granted i still don;t doubt China may become the top dog in the future, as illustrated by: YouTube - ASIANS: The Asian Response to Asian Responders
    Why hello there!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe Scourge is right, since our country has always focused on weapons and bombs most of the time. But in many other fields we are no longer the top dog and haven't been for a long time. Infrastructure, transportation, health care, education, many of which we are behind compare to "lesser" countries. USD is still pretty much the standard even though Euro is already stronger for a while. Soon, rappers may start raining Euros and bad guys opening briefcases of them instead of the green.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Militarily the US is still the power house and has been ever sense WWII and will most likely still be for a very long time to come. As for everything else, well we have been behind in damn near everything else for a very long time already so I do not see much change in that, do to the people in this country who elect idiots who will serve a group of people at the coast of every one else and the countries over all well being. Way to go voters.

Also I feel like I must mention that the US has the strongest air power as well. As well as having many carriers of many sizes to extend our air power. So what if the enemies has a larger navy then ours, if they don't have air support, their mass of ships would be easy picking for our air craft. WWII is proof of that.

The US will always be a military power house and not one any country would out right want to wage a direct war with witch would be down right stupid not to mention suicidal.

What we need to do is clean up our act as a people and root out stupid self serving officials regardless which side they belong to and put in people who are actually qualified for the positions based on what they can do and have proven them selves to be capable, and not because of party lines. I am tired of people putting in officials who are clearly incompetent simply because they don’t want the other party to win out of spite, even if the other party running for the position is the man/women for the job but cast aside do to people being blinded by their damn pride or selfish desires because the persons who is running has policies that can work but we the people find inconvenient and there for disregard, thus causing something to drag out much longer then it needs to be. (This pertains to all offices and not just presidential, but also governors, state officials, mayors, education bored members... So on and so forth. Also to get rid of the slew of anti-American books in our schools that date back to the 60s, 70s, and 80s which are all garbage as many of them are done by privet individuals and not actual historians)
    Last edited by Scourge; Jan 05, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

ya China's armies are growing bigger and bigger but that is mainly becuase of how manny ppl they have in their army and work force that produce things for thier army. So yes most likely China will pass up the US but as otherws have said not till years to come. And may I point out that coal used by China to create it's growing ecom. is something manny of the world powers want China to not use so if we and others get the say in things China's army will go down in # and we not spend so much on China's goods and more on other means... But in the long run sry US your days as the worlds top army power are #
    death and life are one and the same

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think as long as America is engaged in wars that are hurting it more than helping it, we're going to continue to sink. I mean the last time America got out of an economic phase like this was a world war. Except now America's become so elemental in the world stage, I don't think it's possible for us to let Europe fight most of the war for us and then let us come in and finish it. America broke its isolationism pledges after world war II, and sure enough we're paying for it. China is nudging us away from our trade dominance and now we've become the needy customer. The only way things are going to change is through leadership, and over the last decade, America hasn't really elected a strong leader. We need someone who with a pair that will take the bad shit that happens to him, as well as the good.

Banned Funky Pong Champion, Flick Kick Champion, El Emigrante Champion, DragonHunters Champion, Mahjongg 3D Win XP Tiles Champion, Mahjongg Toy Chest Champion Alphonse Hohenheim is off to a good start
    Thanks

Dude the reason we are the top power really is cause we have the best Technologically but if thats gone then we will be in trouble we are having hard times right now but we will get through it .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast