+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: USA, will they stop being the world's top dog?

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: USA, will they stop being the world's top dog?

I simply thing the only way we'll still be top dog is if we simply minded our own business for a decade or two and dealt with our own problems instead of trying to fix everyone elses.

Is it really that hard to not pick a fight in other people's countries for more than a few months?

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for what you said but to help other we need to fix our self before others. If we help other at the same time then we will go depper in hole.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry Rock but I find you to be incorrect other then the fact that China does like to take things away from people and I do respect your opinion and there for will not continue into a round about argument as we made are points clear.

As for TaurusDemon23, true that would work and allow us to restructure our selves, just one problem how ever. The thing is every time something happens the world expects the US to do something about it and when we do people get all pissed off so it's a dam if you do and dam if you don’t situation.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Let me ask you this and please dont get offended, but would you rather spend say 1mil for a missile that will hit its target dead on 95% of the time, or spend 500ths for a POS weapon that will hit it's target only 50% of the time and when it misses it strikes inocint people instead.
    Yes it would be better to get the best of the best weapons to kill our fellow humans but here is a question for you: why spend count less millions trying to build better weapons when instead you could build some tec. that could make a missle of something useless?

Also, I have not heard anything about people being drafted against their will but are in fact joining by their own chouce so I don't know where you got that from.
    again I did not say that people are being drafted but instead they are being lied to when they are comeing home. LIke many books now of live documentries about how soldiers are being kept for alot longer then how long the military said they would be out there. And most of these guys have wives and children and every day they are out there they have a great chance to die.

But also for the longest time you can see throught all the bombings that a good porsion of the people there do not want use there and have you ever been in a country were another one is in controle of you gov. and some if not most aspects of your life.

And last you are one person only one in this country and from the last time I checked a single man can not win a war
    death and life are one and the same

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    Yes it would be better to get the best of the best weapons to kill our fellow humans but here is a question for you: why spend count less millions trying to build better weapons when instead you could build some tec. that could make a missle of something useless?

again I did not say that people are being drafted but instead they are being lied to when they are comeing home. LIke many books now of live documentries about how soldiers are being kept for alot longer then how long the military said they would be out there. And most of these guys have wives and children and every day they are out there they have a great chance to die.

But also for the longest time you can see throught all the bombings that a good porsion of the people there do not want use there and have you ever been in a country were another one is in controle of you gov. and some if not most aspects of your life.

And last you are one person only one in this country and from the last time I checked a single man can not win a war
    Well sense you seam to be such an avid anti war person regardless if it's for self defense against an enemy hell bent on killing every and any one who do not submit to their will, and you want to push for such a weapon system that requires tech that does not exist and can end world strife, I have an idea, why don’t you wave that all powerful magic wand of yours and build such a system... Until you do, we have no choice but to use lethal/disabling weapons.

What about the thousands of soldiers who are more then willing to stay there and see things through and to finish what we have started knowing full well they could die and never see their loved ones again? The majorities that are there WANT to be there and finish this. You are looking at only one side.

Of cores they don't want us there; no country would ever want another power in their nation. Why else are we trying so damn hard to train Iraqi troops and provide them the means to better fend for them selves and train them on how to use the new systems we are providing for them.

As for your last point I am not sure what you are trying to say.

What I find funnier and funnier and at the same time head ach inducing is people who don't know jack about an issue and yet propose ideas about something they know little about. So for any one of those who wish to continue to be trolls even though your hearts are over all in the right place, I will no longer feed you by not replaying to your responses. So you can scream at me all you want about this but I will just ignore you.

Good day you funny funny people.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Well sense you seam to be such an avid anti war person regardless if it's for self defense against an enemy hell bent on killing every and any one who do not submit to their will, and you want to push for such a weapon system that requires tech that does not exist and can end world strife, I have an idea, why don’t you wave that all powerful magic wand of yours and build such a system... Until you do, we have no choice but to use lethal/disabling weapons.
    oh very funny hmmm... u said you are an egineer well is it not your job to invent things like this??? try and get away from the thinking of oh we have to build something that can kill even more people

well if your convinced that so manny of our soldiers want to be there then why not give them a choise and let the ones that do not want to stay to come home? well mybe they signed up before the war eh? what if they did not know what was in store for them...

and lastly:
    inducing is people who don't know jack about an issue
    you sir have no right to say that one has no idea what they are talking about sir! this is a debate and mybe that "person who knows jack" knows something you do not sir! Good Day!
    death and life are one and the same

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

The current conflict in the Middle East would be over by now, I guarantee, if the United States treated it like a real war, instead of something that resembles a war. Americans are forbidden to fire rounds on civilians so where to the terrorists hide? Of course one can say the terrorists are winning if the U.S. and other Coilition forces can't even be allowed to fire back.

If this conflict was treated like WWI or even WWII for that matter, it'd have been over in a year, maybe two; yet too many countries are gunning for reasons to slam the U.S. led forces, most likely to tear the U.S. apart from the inside, cripple it and then attack with their own forces when U.S. is divided, and thus easily conquered.

I say attacking terrorists hiding behind civilians regardless of civilian causalty will bring the end to this, they'll have no where left to hide.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Thanks
    I agree with you to some extent zyta, that if countries actually helped and not drag their feet in order to spite us this war would be a lot shorter and the casualties would be less as well. Unfortunately the trend is to slam the US regardless of what we do and paint us as the bad guys even when we are doing the right thing. I am all for annihilating the enemy in any way possible (Sure they may be people as well but they act and behave like monsters) but I still want the military to show restraint like it has been. Remember not every one over there are the enemy and not every one over there hate us and are actual grateful despite what the media says. (I talk to soldiers who have served in Iraq as I live only a few miles from Camp Penalton so I know what I am talking about and the soldiers say the media is full of crap.)
    Also we are fighting a gorilla war, those kinds of wars take a very long time as it's not your usual stand up and fight mentality. We are fighting enemies who take pop shots at you then run like hell to hide. But when the terrorists are stupid enough to take us head on for what ever reason, the enemy are usually decimated. Those that servive and get away usualy are fallowed by servalence air craft like the Predator and Reaper drones (that I help work on) and when they lead us to their higher ups or to weapon stocks piles like ants running back to the nest, we usually drop a fat one on them.

But even if the US falls to second place of the three world powers the US will always be looked to for peace keeping and to solve every little thing.

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    oh very funny hmmm... u said you are an egineer well is it not your job to invent things like this??? try and get away from the thinking of oh we have to build something that can kill even more people

well if your convinced that so manny of our soldiers want to be there then why not give them a choise and let the ones that do not want to stay to come home? well mybe they signed up before the war eh? what if they did not know what was in store for them...

and lastly:

you sir have no right to say that one has no idea what they are talking about sir! this is a debate and mybe that "person who knows jack" knows something you do not sir! Good Day!
    Well sense this is not a trolled response I will answer it.

The tech you are asking about does not yet exist, there is a reason why we engineers refer to tech as the tech tree, and you must climb one branch of the tech tree to reach the next. Sort like shoots and latter’s. You have to climb one latter to get to the next and so on and so forth as there are engineers out there trying to get at the tech point you are asking, unfortunately we can only climb the latter’s/branches of the tree so fast, as some are harder to get past then others.

The reason why is because when you are in the military you are usually there for a set amount of years usually 4, how ever, during war time the military can extend that time as they see fit. So can the pres. and once you are in the military, they own you. The soldier knows this well in advance even before enlisting. So those that want out now, well, they picked the wrong career. Sorry but that’s the way it works.

Actually I can, I was just being rood. But if you want it sugar coated I will be happy to do so... blah blah blah... people who know little or ill informed.
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Jan 08, 2009 at 10:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast