+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using animals for organs

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Using animals for organs

In bio class we have been talking about genetics and stuff and yesterday we watch this movie and it said that scientist are now using animals to grow human organs.
    For example the heart. If someone needs a heart then they get one from a pig that has been injected with the genes that would make the pig heart function like a human heart.

My question to you is this right or wrong? Should we use animals like this? Kill them to save a human life.

Also more scientist are trying to figuere out more ways to make someone live longer by changing their genetic code so that their organs dont deteriorate as fast.
    Do you think that it is right or wrong?

Should humans be living longer than we already are?

Lets talk.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Using animals for organs

Wow, just found out about this, I find it stupid. Then again coming from a misanthropic apporach, I say we should try to shorten our lives. But really, I don't think we should do it. TO me it's just stupid, why use an animal to save another animal? We ALL die at one point, why prevent it? Because of the whole "We all have a right to life"? We have a righ to death, sure we don't all want to die, but again, inevitable, unavoidable it's going to happen. Another reason to why? "I don't want them too" or "I don't wanna die"; again same thing I said, unavoidable, inevitable.

If someone close to you dies, oh well tough luck. That's life. So my full on answer is no, it's stupid - Not going ot say wrong because well...morality doesn't even directly exist to me.
    That's my two cents....I could give in a quarter...maybe.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I'm sure they don't just take out the one organ and throw the body of the animal out to the dump. We already slaughter animals for food like crazy but if they now start using the parts of the animals that we just throw out then I think thats great and maybe the elderly or the children with heart problems can get a cheap heart transplant that could let them live out the rest of their life, or extend the life of small children with heart disease.

I really! REALLY!! don't think we should try to make people live longer! The world is already over populated and with all these people, we are slowly running out of room. Not to mention, all these people are killing the Earth already! So if we cause people to live longer that means more population and more polution! I think that it might be the end of the world if we increase the life span of humans once again!

What I'm watching Right Now:

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

P.R. Princes what you are talking about isnt new. They have been doing that since the coloning animals. Why use the animals when we are able to colon real human parts form the cells off the spine. With the use of animals it could cause more problems. But to make humans live longer why? Why would you want to live longer the pain would just be greater. We should live longer then are bodys are able to run.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_C View Post
    Well I'm sure they don't just take out the one organ and throw the body of the animal out to the dump. We already slaughter animals for food like crazy but if they now start using the parts of the animals that we just throw out then I think thats great and maybe the elderly or the children with heart problems can get a cheap heart transplant that could let them live out the rest of their life, or extend the life of small children with heart disease.

good point. but if widespread use of, lets's say, pig hearts, gets out, you can expect an increse on the price of pork, just because they can get more money for their hearts, too.

this is a difficult subject for me,(who has already technically died once). saving a life os the good, human thing to do, but at the same time, i feel compelled that when it's your time, its' your time.

however, altering the genetic code of humans to make them live longer is just wrong. i could see doing it to correct an inhereted disease or something, but humans already live an average of like 78 years! thats longer than like 80% of other animals! just what the world needs, MORE humans that live LONGER!

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    P.R. Princes what you are talking about isnt new. They have been doing that since the coloning animals. Why use the animals when we are able to colon real human parts form the cells off the spine. With the use of animals it could cause more problems. But to make humans live longer why? Why would you want to live longer the pain would just be greater. We should live longer then are bodys are able to run.
    You're right, this is old news. In fact it's been goin' on for so long that they've came up with tons of different uses for and from pigs and mice alone. I seen on the news a few days back that they pumped a bunch of brain stem cells from a mouse in to a mouse heart (which was in a tube of sorts) and the heart was beating on it's own! No body to house it, no brain connected to it, yet this heart was beating, pumping.

In this magazine called 'Mental Floss', they were talking about the many uses of the pig (what they use the pig for currently and what they discontinued) and what I read was shocking. They were able to put mouse sperm producing hormones in to a pig and the pig was able to make mouse sperm cells!! They're trying to get approval to put human sperm producing hormones in a pig to make HUMAN SPERM CELLS to use in sperm banks nationwide! Does anybody wanna give birth to Chief Wiggam?

They tried using a chimpanzee heart as a replacement for a little girl once. This was many moons ago. I watched the documentary in around seventh or eighth grade. Well, we may be almost 99% identical on a genetic level with primates (chimps specifically), but human bodies still reject foriegn organs; so the girl died.

I believe that if you need a transplant, you should get the organ from a human. If you can't get one, then you're pretty much screwed. Leave the animals out of it. They need their organs too and I don't think they were created for that purpose. If I need a new kidney and I can't get one, I'll just be one dead mofo. Because I'm not takin' any animal part in to my body. My name isn't Rob Schnieder!

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

Our body demond greater thing then what a chimpanzee can give use. Animales are good for food and studys on new things. Are body's are not able to use there small or large organs.

On the other hand if we where ever able to do that more people's lives would be saved, but come it wont happen.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

I believe that if you need a transplant, you should get the organ from a human. If you can't get one, then you're pretty much screwed. Leave the animals out of it. They need their organs too and I don't think they were created for that purpose. If I need a new kidney and I can't get one, I'll just be one dead mofo. Because I'm not takin' any animal part in to my body. My name isn't Rob Schnieder!
    But on the other hand, heart valve transplants, using pig heart valves, have been in common use for decades, as there are still physical issue with artificial heart values....

Artificial heart valve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast