+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Utter Ignorance

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Utter Ignorance

So I practice parkour (as I mentioned in several different posts) and one of the best places to train your technique are local playgrounds because there is alot of equipment to use to your advantage. So I was practicing as usual and I notice I'm getting some looks from parents with their children. But these aren't "Oh look at him isn't that something!" looks, more like "What the Hell is this kid doing" looks. and I was making sure to keep my distance from everyone at the park because I understand it's not usual for a seventeen year old kid to be seen jumping around a children's playground. But something unexpected happened next. I had the police called on me and the told me their were complaints from people at the park saying I was being disruptive and disturbing the peace, gimme a break. Know I can understand if they came up to me and ask what I was doing because I would gladly explained it to them, but they didn't. They took it upon themselves to decide to waste a police officer's time when they could have dealing with far more important matter's like arson, theft....terrorism. 0_o. Anyways, I was asked to leave the park and I only go there very early in the morning because everyone is to lazy to get up at such times as 5:00. But my main point is the lack of thinking that was done to come to that decision to call the cops on an innocent person who was keeping to himself completely. The high rising ignorance that plagues this country is sickening, especially where I live. In my town there is only drunken jocks and overprotective soccer moms who are closed minded and dumb. If you experience people like this and have had situations involving morons like this, please discuss it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Artistic Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Sabishii (Aug 15, 2009)

Devoted Otaku tokini is off to a good start tokini's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Utter Ignorance

hmmmmmm...thats sounds horrible...it probably more annoying that my own story...ok so i was practicing my strikes with ichigo and zero (my kendo shinais)on the side walk because there were to many people were i usually practiced,two kids walk up to me and are like "what are you doing?" well i hate it when people stare,or ask me annoying questions and he did that "practicing my kendo swings"flat out strait "whats that?"annother annoying question my friend and i explained as simple as possible and he says"I'm a yellow belt in karate " and this annoys me unrelated ,stupid idiot ,i say "i really don't care" he says that was rude and im thinking this kid most likely a year or two older but say something randomly and completly unrealated ticks me off

Newbie Sabishii is off to a good start Sabishii's Avatar
    Thanks

This isn't exactly the same, but... I guess it's similar... Me and my friends used to walk home from our bus stop, and each day a school bus full of children came past, and there was this one girl who always used to flip us off screaming "F*** you". (This was in fact an 8 year old) I happened to know where this child lived, becuase I had seen her get off the bus and walk to her house... So one day, I told her that if she didn't stop yelling those things at us and flipping us off, that I would talk to her parents.

So the next day, I walk down as usual, and she didn't bother us for once. I felt better, thinking I had done something good. (It was a foolish thought, I know.) So I'm walking past the strreet where the girl lived, and I saw her standing in front of her house with a very large woman whom was smoking... The next thing I know, She comes down to me, and starts screaming in my face that I was harassing her child. The girl told her that I had hit her, and a neighbor of theirs called the police on me. Beofe the police got there, however, the mother spit on me. In my face. What pissed me off even more, other than the fact that neither the mother nor the neighbor waited to hear my explaination- the policeman didn't even know that spitting on someone is an offence, and people can be sued over it. Expecially if an adult spits on a child. I was incredibly u[pset that day... And to top things off, I'm literally not even allowed to walk around my own neighborhood anymore without being yelled at. Ignorance indeed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sabishii View Post
    This isn't exactly the same, but... I guess it's similar... Me and my friends used to walk home from our bus stop, and each day a school bus full of children came past, and there was this one girl who always used to flip us off screaming "F*** you". (This was in fact an 8 year old) I happened to know where this child lived, becuase I had seen her get off the bus and walk to her house... So one day, I told her that if she didn't stop yelling those things at us and flipping us off, that I would talk to her parents.

So the next day, I walk down as usual, and she didn't bother us for once. I felt better, thinking I had done something good. (It was a foolish thought, I know.) So I'm walking past the strreet where the girl lived, and I saw her standing in front of her house with a very large woman whom was smoking... The next thing I know, She comes down to me, and starts screaming in my face that I was harassing her child. The girl told her that I had hit her, and a neighbor of theirs called the police on me. Beofe the police got there, however, the mother spit on me. In my face. What pissed me off even more, other than the fact that neither the mother nor the neighbor waited to hear my explaination- the policeman didn't even know that spitting on someone is an offence, and people can be sued over it. Expecially if an adult spits on a child. I was incredibly u[pset that day... And to top things off, I'm literally not even allowed to walk around my own neighborhood anymore without being yelled at. Ignorance indeed.
    First of all, spitting on someone is the worst way to disrespect someone. Secondly, That women and her child aren't worth the time of day. If she wants to come at you with bullshit she received from her snot nosed child, then that's her problem and for that she will burn in Hell. So you can proudly walk around knowing that you are and always will be better than the pinheads in your neighborhood, because they are low, lower than dirt that sticks to the bottom of your shows.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Whereabouts do you live? To have the police called on you because you're jumping around and climbing things lol. I think it might have to do with the fact that not many people can recognise parkour training, and so they wouldn't have known what you were doing, and you might've come across as a little jumpy and hyperactive. They might've thought that you were on drugs or something, as being the protective parents they are, they'll always suspect the worse. There's also the misconception that teenagers are trouble makers, especially in groups. Were you with some friends?

I've never been on the receiving end of such ignorance before so I can't share any anecdotes. Although, we have a celebratory day called "Crazy Hair Day" at our school every year, and people turn up to school with all sorts of crazy hair. I usually just temporarily dye my hair with really bright colours, and I always get "the look" on my way to and from school. Ignorant people, I'm fundraising for my school. xD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    First of all, spitting on someone is the worst way to disrespect someone. Secondly, That women and her child aren't worth the time of day. If she wants to come at you with bullshit she received from her snot nosed child, then that's her problem and for that she will burn in Hell. So you can proudly walk around knowing that you are and always will be better than the pinheads in your neighborhood, because they are low, lower than dirt that sticks to the bottom of your shows.
    Ah, it seems that I forgot to mention that we have a patrol officer in our area. I meant it when I said I literally couldn't. Although trust me, I've tried. It really sucks when someone of my caliber is stuck in a white trash neighborhood. They truely are lower than the dirt that sticks to the bottom of my shoes. Thank you, for mentioning that. (Here I am being cocky again ;O)

Thanks

Not to seem like I'm trying to get attention but I have no friends. Anyways, if those people thought I was on drugs they are stupid, A person on any kind of drug wouldn't be able to do some of the stuff that I perform. But the people are getting dumber by the day and it's a sad thing to see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    Not to seem like I'm trying to get attention but I have no friends. Anyways, if those people thought I was on drugs they are stupid, A person on any kind of drug wouldn't be able to do some of the stuff that I perform. But the people are getting dumber by the day and it's a sad thing to see.
    Lol, here I was calling myself cocky... But what do you know, you certainly sound conceited here. ^o^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast