+ Reply to Thread

Thread: View on Humanity

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

View on Humanity

Now, I was going to put this in the debate forum, but really, I just want a meanial discussion about point of views, not clashing arguements (Still if Debate and Discuss is where it is most appropriate, sorry x.X'). Anywho, my question is really twofold.

What do you view Human Nature is?

And

What are you views on humanity?

Guess I'll start with my view. To my Human Nature to me is this:

Ignorance - To know everything is seemingly impossible. We try to say we know everything, yet there are some things we don't know. A good example is how the world was actually created. We don't know, we only have theories, ideals, etc.

Arrogance - People have always placed themselves above another. Through this passion can be born, and strong leaders and armies are made. Yet however with this comes our overconfidence, overestimating. Arrogance, as good as it can be...has it's downfalls.

Hypocrisy - WE've been taking down other people's ideals for some time. Yet really both ideals have the same goal ofpeace. Another example are people who say they hate racists. So...they hate people who hate people for one reason?
    Judging/Finger pointing - Social Darwinism can come into play here, survival of the fittest, that's what humanity does, doesn't it? And whatever it takes to win, survive or avoid trouble, they'll do it. So they'll blame another. Also, we are known for judging one another. Weather it's at first impression or getting to know them. We do make judgements.

Predatorial/Agressive Instincts - "Survival of the Fittest" that's really all I goot say there
    side note: The "Seven Deadly Sins" really to me are a very good depiction on our nature too, but ehh I dunno

Now as for my view on humanity...well I'm sure most of you are aware I do have that yumm oh so fun Mianthropic view. I honestly don't like humanity that much. Why don't I? We seek self indulgence through self destruction. We lack respect for most of which we create (I know most of you do respect what you make...if you like it, but I'm talking as a whole). Honestly, we're too easily influenced, not to mention some of our nature tends to...well just make it all suck. Sorry if I seem...I don't know I can't think much of a word right now, I'm just pumped with rage. Also we exceed at destruction and self-destruction (I don't mind the self destruction..we deserve it). I say we deserve our bitter end. I'm know some people who go, "Give it another chance!"

I say this, in our whole...what 4-5 thousand year existence (I'm not sure I'm going to like 2000 A.D to 3000 B.C I'm sure more, but ehh you get the ideal). I think we've been given enough time to do it. HAve we? Not really, we've been just indulged into luxury and greed for knowledge.

BUT, that's just my view.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: View on Humanity

everyone's a hater these days.

when did it suddenly become cool putting down humanity? and why are only the darkest, most horrible aspects ever touched upon. what about our mercy and our hope? nobody can say we've been around this long on arrogance and superiority.

i will totally admit that man is one of the most flawed creatures around, but hey, you have to give us some credit. nature is learned, babies aren't born with views and ideals. the greatest downfall of human is the need to be in complete control over something and that's the worst thing i have to say about nature.

i'm not sure how many people notice this, but the world is pretty equal. six thousand babies are born in a minute, six thousand people die in a landslide. now, this is going to sound cruel, there isn't a huge loss there.
    i'm not pinning values to their lives, merely seeing them as existences. in this case, six thousand gone, six thousand given.

arrogance, hypocrisy, aggression. every bad quality you can think of there is a good one to opposite it. such as humility, honesty and hope. there is no such thing as survival of the fittest in my head.
    humans, unlike other animals, do not adapt themselves. instead they adapt the environment around them to suit their needs. we do not survive, we change things. whether alone or with a friend, there will always be food and water to use. there will always be a crude object or material we can change into something amazing.

as for those very popular seven deadly sins, there are the seven heavenly virtues to balance that equation. a mixture of each is a picture of humanity. not some shabby half-portrait where everything is evil and twisted.

we have been granted emotion and intelligence. we, as a whole, don't go out shooting alley cats. we do not hold every old lady we see at knife point, we try to drive the speed limit. i love humanity, there's no better place to be. if life was easy and evil wasn't a word i think i might rather be a lemur or something.
    things are made to break! we wouldn't make so many things if we couldn't build it back up again. now, i'm so not talking about our precious natural resources. those we're just squandering away.

if you all want to go on believing that the end will be painful and fiery, go ahead. but me, i don't know what's gonna happen. i'm totally cool with that cause right now, i have better things to think about.
    like the world and its beautiful color. i'm sad that we're not as close to our natural home like we use to be but i'm still happy. because where does being bitter get you? do you feel good when you you realize you're full of anger?

trust me on this one, things get better. so much better.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FLawEdmiNd For This Useful Post:

Zerosan9000 (May 14, 2008)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

The nature of humans have gone down alot since the old age but there is some little Humanity left in the world, very very little. Today its just war, fight, sex, drugs, money and thinking of them self and one else in the world

My view is that we are not destorying the earth itself, we are destorying ourself by destorying the earth we live on by being lazy, arrogent and a hyprocryt to other people, and lack of kindness, respect and honor to others that we deserve in return
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    everyone's a hater these days.

when did it suddenly become cool putting down humanity? and why are only the darkest, most horrible aspects ever touched upon. what about our mercy and our hope? nobody can say we've been around this long on arrogance and superiority.
    I w ill admit, I've noticed taht a lot of people have been hating. But a reason to why only the "dark" thigns are brought out is because everyones a critic, we all want smething to yell, complain, blabber about. I actually would say we have been around this long. From what I've gone on about reading our past, it's just obvious. Look at Greek Myths, I'd list the ones which man has put themselves above all else (Including their Gods) however, I fail to do so right now, which I will admit is quite pathetic.

the greatest downfall of human is the need to be in complete control over something and that's the worst thing i have to say about nature.
    Wouldn't that, in a small sense kind of go under superioroty and arrogance? x.X'

arrogance, hypocrisy, aggression. every bad quality you can think of there is a good one to opposite it. such as humility, honesty and hope.
    I like this point right here, however so far from what I've seen, shich I can assure is different from you and others, is that the whole "Bad" side tends to override it. Hope gets crushed, honesty is disbelieved due to the hypocrisy and lies.

there is no such thing as survival of the fittest in my head.
    Not suprised, really.

things are made to break! we wouldn't make so many things if we couldn't build it back up again..
    We're trying to make it so it won't break.

if you all want to go on believing that the end will be painful and fiery
    I see it more as a glorious thing.

i'm sad that we're not as close to our natural home
    I actually feel the same here.

do you feel good when you you realize you're full of anger?
    Absolutely, known for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    The nature of humans have gone down alot since the old age but there is some little Humanity left in the world, very very little. Today its just war, fight, sex, drugs, money and thinking of them self and one else in the world
    I say that war, fight, sex, money, selfishness has been around for a very, very long time.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Humanity is an arrogant species; not jus' 'cause of the negative aspects that we cause, but 'cause of our belief that all the negative aspects that happen in our world is caused by our species. Yes mankind has its negative sides, but guess what? So Does Everythin' Else In The World. Mankind is the most highly evolved species on the planet and also the most self aware. We realize the destruction that we can cause and r so sensitive ta it that we have a tendency ta blame ourselves whenever there's any destruction in the world, regardless if we actually r ta blame or not. Is that not also arrogance? This world is filled wit both negative and positive forces and Mankind is no different. The only difference is that Mankind is much more sensitive ta the happenings in our world, mainly the negative, than we used ta b; even the things that we do. As a result ppl, I feel, have forgotten the one "key" fundamental element of "Humanity;" "It's not the destination, but the journey that counts." It's not about whether or not we manage ta b "Humane," but whether or not we r at least attemptin' ta b "Humane." R ppl full of hatred? Yes. Is Mankind full of hippocrites? Sure is. But for every negative aspect that u can think of, for Mankind, there is a positive; jus' like nature. The only reason why it seems like the negative aspects, of Mankind, r winnin' is 'cause we harp upon them all of the time and our positive aspects often get ignored. If all one is gonna do is look upon one side of a fence, then that is the only thing that one is gonna c. Ta learn the truth is ta c both sides of that fence. R we on the fast track ta self-destruction? No, I don' think so and I believe that it's "arrogant" ta think that we r. Jus' like wit, jus' 'bout, everythin' else; "arrogance" is a two-way street. I also blame the media for alot of Mankind's melancholy. The only thing that the news reports, jus' 'bout, is bad news and this feeds inta our sensitivity ta negative aspects. 'Cause of the news media, Mankind needs ta take one huge anti-depressant pill. However, Mankind, itself, can overcome it's own melancholy; if it would only try. Mankind needs ta stop "harpin'" on the negative and try ta accentuate the "positive." We would b all the better for it, I believe.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

man o man.

i don't really understand the first little quote-thing. so what's being said is... people are hard-edged jerks who place no greater value than on their own lives.
    i'm also being told that the bad aspect of any thing is far graver and very much outweighs the good aspects.

i'm sorry but you're full of it. so much good has happened and you're just going to go and forget it? you're going to act like it didn't happen or like it doesn't matter?

and no, a control problem is the stem of each. why would you want to control something if not to be their better? and to think of even the smallest as controllable indefinitely is truly arrogant.

well what about humility? and, trust me here, hope never gets crushed. if it did, we'd all be little cry babies hoping off bridges and and hanging ourselves.
    most people don't have the courage the kill themselves. sure it may seem like the masses are just going and throwing away their lives, but if you look at suicides and world population, it's not a really big dent.
    honesty is a little harder to find these days but it's there.

you can just go on not being surprised then.

there will never be something made by human hands that does not break. it is not natural therefore it was not meant to be a part of existence. as such, its fate is to break.
    dreaming of indestructible luxuries is a fools fantasy.

and i really can't believe you said that. glorious, really? how might it be... crushed between two giant slabs of concrete, not yet dead. if you craned you neck a little you have a wonderful view of your pancreas and what use to be you small intestine. you might lay there for hours, buried in a giant building that broke.
    no rescuers would come because they'd all be dead too. i suppose it could be said that the hours before death, between the delirium, might learn you a bit about yourself. but what good would that do? you'd be dead.

and hey, there could be worse things that after. go ahead, take a shot at god and devil.

it's good to see others still love the environment.

i really don't know how to answer this one. it's totally absurd and helplessly artificial.
    i can't stand how obsessed about themselves people are today. like really, is it cool being wrapped up in anger and self-pity?
    that's the only reason people rag on the world today, self-pity. how far does it get you saying that people are mean-faced and unkind. nowhere. it benefits you in no way, it may get other idiots to think you're wicked and dark and whatever but nothing else.

gads, can't any one even try to look at the bright side for just a day? be kind to people and in the future, you'll receive that kindness back. don't be greedy or impatient, it'll reach you whenever it does.

there's really no way the 'dark' side of this argument will win. because that would mean we really are just a useless waste of air. and truly, no one is willing to admit that because it's a lie.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe that our world is crawling with evil, starvation, rape, torture, incest, racism, and tyrants. that this behaviour is embedded in the human pattern of society and cannot be changed. however, in each time of torment and hostility, there is always a great leader, whom ideas are brimming with anticipation and beauty. hidden or not, they will stand out at some point, and make us realize that if we didnt have racism, war, and evil, there would be no good, or desire for peace. if every thing was peaceful for mankind, we'll just start to think something is wrong when it isnt. if we didnt have any problems, we'd be back to the tower of babel, and that tower would have to fall, and create different races, languages, and sooner or later those will have war. destruction in emminent in humans. however, it is not a stereotype, and we must realize the good, instead of focusing the bad, and help those in need.
    "they're a young species, able to learn. we're we so different.."
    Optimus prime..

+ Reply to Thread