+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Violence but not sex??

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Violence but not sex??

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrail View Post
    Why is that people get more offended by sex then violence.This applies to neealy all media.In movies people are disgusted by two people doing it but dont have a care in the world when someone gets their brains blown out.In games the best example is Hot Coffee for GTA:SA.Its a game(i dont have a problem with the game...its one of my favourites) in which you can kill cops and hookers but once the sex is found it gets in trouble and even banned in places.This also applies to elder scrolls:Oblivion but that only had its rating increased.

Why is it people are offended by sex and not violence? Is there somthing blatently obiovious im missing or what as i really dont get it...

PS im not offended by either just saying that others are...

--edit--
    Could a mod put "not" in the title instead of "no" please?
    I edited the title.

Anyway, I don't usually point a finger at something but on this subject I can safely say:
    Ask your ultra-conservative American government!
    The rest of the western world treats violence much more severe than sex. (As it should be).
    Last edited by Hassun; Aug 08, 2006 at 02:44 PM.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

i think people are offended by sex because it's seen less often than violence. violence is seen more often in movies than sex is.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie ROCKANIME2007 may be famous one day ROCKANIME2007 may be famous one day ROCKANIME2007's Avatar
    Thanks

one word PRIVATE that is one word when it comes to it

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I edited the title.

Anyway, I don't usually point a finger at something but on this subject I can safely say:
    Ask your ultra-conservative American government!
    The rest of the western world treats violence much more severe than sex. (As it should be).
    Thanks for the change.

Im not American though.Im irish but the same thing happens everywhere and im wondering why.It even happens in Japan becuase i saw Oldboy with the commentry and they were talking about remvoing the sex scene between the two characters but none of the violence in it(or a scene with the main character eating a whoal squid but that was creepier then violent) and it was a violent film.

I personally find it funny when violent films are hailed as classics but films with sex are refered to as smut.Its just so...idiotic that they can find somthing destructive and hate filled good but yet be so against somthing thats loving and caring

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

im gonna have to say violence is more acceptable because
    its on every channel you turn it on people have gotten
    used to it or even grown numb to the blood and gore.
    sex on the other hand is still taboo to most and some think
    its more of an issue of keeping it in the bedroom. and when it
    is put in a game or anime people get shocked over the fact
    there concept of animation has been perverted . but this will
    change in time like it did with violence . i mean back in the early
    60's and 70's anything with violence was pretty much treated
    like sex is now. but people will get used to it and then they
    will find something else to moan and groan about.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrail View Post
    Thanks for the change.

Im not American though.Im irish but the same thing happens everywhere and im wondering why.It even happens in Japan becuase i saw Oldboy with the commentry and they were talking about remvoing the sex scene between the two characters but none of the violence in it(or a scene with the main character eating a whoal squid but that was creepier then violent) and it was a violent film.

I personally find it funny when violent films are hailed as classics but films with sex are refered to as smut.Its just so...idiotic that they can find somthing destructive and hate filled good but yet be so against somthing thats loving and caring
    The reason many other countries are doing the same thing is the USA's influence over our media. Almost every film or series we watch is American.
    Also, Japan isn't really a Western country...

Otaku Tavrail may be famous one day Tavrail may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The reason many other countries are doing the same thing is the USA's influence over our media. Almost every film or series we watch is American.
    Also, Japan isn't really a Western country...
    Good point about Americas infulence.I was refering to Japan to say that it happens everywhere and not just in the West.

And Holder its a good point that people are shocked when its in anime or games but its also when in films and refered to in music.Its somthing which affects all media

Newbie Nadie may be famous one day Nadie may be famous one day Nadie's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Violence but not sex??

SIMPLE AS EXPRESSING YOURSELF WITH A BLOW TO THE HEAD, CAUSE JUST LIKE TUPAC SAID IN ONE OF HIS GREATEST SONGS "I DONT GIVE A ****KK"
    -I RESPECT PROSTITUDES, IT MAY NOT BE THE OCCUPACION THAT MANY PEOPLE APROVE BUT IS ALL ABOUT CASHING THE GREEN---BUT I DO LOVE BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF THEM IN GTA:SAN ANDREAS, SOME OF THEM HAVE A SHITT LOUD OF MANY WITH THEM, JEJEJEJEJEJE............
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Aug 09, 2006 at 08:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast