+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Violence in Schools

Otaku pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru may be famous one day pigtaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Violence in Schools

The US has suffered many of these school violent shootings recently. There has also been videos of children throwing punches being broadcast over the net as well as the local news.

My question to my fellow AO members are:

Do you feel nervous where you go to school?
    Do you ever get bullied repeatedly by the same person sometimes, because of your clothes, personality, orientation?
    What do you do when you're faced with the situation, or witness it? Do you walk away? Do you speak out?

I would like some opinions, please be honest. Thanks.!

~pigtaru

o~Piggy-san~o

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Violence in Schools

For question 1; nope, i don't feel nervous when i go to school, i can only feel nervous if i have done something real bad.

For question 2; nope, i respect other, so they can respect me.

For question 3; well, i haven't been in a situation like that, but if it happens tomorrow i honestly don't know what to do.

Newbie White Cloud may be famous one day White Cloud may be famous one day White Cloud's Avatar
    Thanks

1: not nervous, ever...
    2: nope, not bullied. tough to bully someone who doesn't pay attention to the bully
    3: i always just mind my own business

Avy and sig by Hyper_Bunny

Otaku Reese may be famous one day Reese may be famous one day
    Thanks

I honestly wouldnt know how to react in that situation. Then again if there was a simple solution. Bullying wouldnt happen as often as it does.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

1. I dont feel nervous when I go to school...
    2. I havent been bullied... maybe a couple of times in the past... but I took care of that...
    3. when I face a situation like that... I usually would just talk to the bullie.. and then walk away... but if he keeps bodering me... I would go to "agresive negosiations" if u know what I mean.... if Im a witnes... depending if the guy thats being bullied is my friend I would defend him... and if he isnt... Im not sure what I would do....
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

丹色 月影 BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96 may be famous one day BrightShadow_96's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont feel nervous or anything, but it is violent at my school. The only reason that I don't get bullied more than I do is because I'm smart enough to get out of people's way. I don't see that much bullying or anything but I know that there is alot more violence that I don't see.

Otaku AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound may be famous one day AniManga Hound's Avatar
    Thanks

Only sometimes. Usually just because I haven't practiced reciting an oral presentation that is due the same day, though. Never out of fear...

Do you ever get bullied repeatedly by the same person sometimes, because of your clothes, personality, orientation?
    No. If I ever was bullied, I'd probably have to introduce my mid-digit knuckles to that person's throat. Just below the apple, baby.

Or I'd stare. If on school grounds, I'd probably stare. That's when you stare directly into the bullier's eyes, your own very wide, with a blank face. Also try to keep still, and if you can, muster up one of those very wide grins. You know. One of those 'I'm insane. I'm completely and utterly out of my ****ing mind, and I will kill you solely for pleasure.' It works surprisingly well, at least as far as weirding out the prick is concerned.

What do you do when you're faced with the situation, or witness it? Do you walk away? Do you speak out?
    What do I do? I just told you up there, in answer two. If I was witnessing someone being bullied, I'd probably just smile and watch. I hate to come off as a jackass, but it's amusing to watch these immature jock types bully somenerdy kid who you know will ultimately grow up to be more rich and successful than said jock.

If I know the person, or the person is close to me, then I GUESS I'm OBLIGATED to speak out. Or at least throw a fist or two. Though, I'm more of a grappler.

Keep eating so many dogs and you're bound to be Communist

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I already got out of school, but when I used to be in school, no, I never felt nervous. I am not kidding. I rather enjoy school quite a lot.

Haha. I was bullied by this fat dude, when I first joined a school in Kyoto, but it didn't last more two days. To this day, I never understood what he had against me. ^^;; It is just that he never told me why he had the urge to pick on me. lol. Now, we have became good friends. It is quite strange what some people turn out to be at the end. He was a good guy, who never was appreciated.

What do you do when you're faced with the situation, or witness it? Do you walk away? Do you speak out

Though I don't seem like it, I am known to be the one, who gets to say the last word. ^^ So yeah, I never back away from things, and I usually try to help out people that are in trouble as well because I know how they feel and all. In fact, I made quite a many friends because of that. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast