+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Violence in Schools

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Violence in Schools

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    The US has suffered many of these school violent shootings recently. There has also been videos of children throwing punches being broadcast over the net as well as the local news.

My question to my fellow AO members are:

Do you feel nervous where you go to school?
    Do you ever get bullied repeatedly by the same person sometimes, because of your clothes, personality, orientation?
    What do you do when you're faced with the situation, or witness it? Do you walk away? Do you speak out?

I would like some opinions, please be honest. Thanks.!

~pigtaru
    1.no
    2.no
    3.There are somethings you should never do in life. One of those is walk away from a helpless person. If someone was being bullied or attacked physically or mentally, even if it was my worst enemy, i would put a stop to it right away.

Newbie Archy may be famous one day Archy may be famous one day Archy's Avatar
    Thanks

in my school it became something *usual*
    and as much as the teachers try to cover it up they can not
    i was involved into a fight in my school once but it was only to protect a class mate
    it is something that happens all over the world not only in america thow here they don't come pointing a gun at your head and before you can say *stop it* half of the class is dead and the killer has comited suicide
    I never know just why you run so far away...far away from me

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

When i went to my school i didnt feel any threat. But when people picked on kids. I would get up and stop the crap. I don't like seeing that. And there is no reason for it. Too bad we've had 8 suicides in 3 years at my school....RIP Josh Callow.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

i have to admit i've never had any problems with bullies, but it is a serious issue, and one that schools unfortunately tend to overlook. =/
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

Newbie fudge_it may be famous one day fudge_it may be famous one day
    Thanks

Thats nice..I'm like new to this site.. What can you do?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fudge_it
    Thats nice..I'm like new to this site.. What can you do?
    well firstly when u post, post about the thread, and don't post just cause u can. thats my first piece of advice...

question 1. do i feel nervous when i go to skool.
    no i never feel nervous at all, should i feel nervous?...

question 2. Do you ever get bullied repeatedly by the same person sometimes, because of your clothes, personality, orientation?
    no i've never had any problems with bullies, i mean they have tried to bully me but with no luck, and most bullies stay away from me anyway (i think they fear me), so no problems there.

question 3. What do you do when you're faced with the situation, or witness it? Do you walk away? Do you speak out?
    well past experience if its a fight at my old skool, well then they never last long before u can really do anything about it, teachers always move in fast n break it up. but if its outside of school and i see some1 in trouble i would try n figure out wats goin on and do something about it.

Cherubic Flash Pegs Champion, Chaos Theory Champion, Booya Champion, Word Up Champion, Angel Differences Champion mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel may be famous one day mystical shadow angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pigtaru
    Do you feel nervous where you go to school?
    Do you ever get bullied repeatedly by the same person sometimes, because of your clothes, personality, orientation?
    What do you do when you're faced with the situation, or witness it? Do you walk away? Do you speak out?
    no, i don't feel nervous when i go to school. there's no reason to. i don't get bullied repeatedly by the same person at any time because... well, maybe because people at my school see it as the other way around. lol jks jks.

my school's a fairly friendly school and as long as you're not a "snob", no one will look down upon you in any way. there may be a few racial comments and such, but our school policy's extremely strict on this matter. we have what we call an "anti bullying policy", and suspension, even expulsion, are possible outcomes of having broken this code of conduct.

i've witnessed quite a few minor cases of bullying in my school, and i act out of instinct. if it's clear that someone's being bullied by others for absurd reasons, then of course i'd intervene. but if it's more of a... uhm... i guess we could say, personal problem (i.e. family issues, friendship hassles, etc.) then it's best to just let it go, unless it gets out of control.

Newbie Archy may be famous one day Archy may be famous one day Archy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude101
    w teachers always move in fast n break it up. but if its outside of school and i see some1 in trouble i would try n figure out wats goin on and do something about it.

wow your school must rock b/c at my school if the teacher interfear then they have 2 choices

1. try to breake them up - manage and after that quit teaching at that school
    2. try to breake them up - fail and get beaten so bad that they get to the hospital and after that quit school

so yeah i guess our teachers know what's good for them
    I never know just why you run so far away...far away from me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast