+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginity, Does It Even Matter?

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Virginity, Does It Even Matter?

You see, everyone these days(especialy high schoolers) think that if your a virgin you aren't popular or fit in with people. They put you down and laugh at you just cause you havn't lost your virginity like they have. I mean, me and my sis(iluvmyloser) are not influensed by them but most of my friends are getting pulled into that.....me and my sister are both wondering why does it matter so much that if you're a virgin or not?

Thanks please respond!

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Virginity, Does It Even Matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    You see, everyone these days(especialy high schoolers) think that if your a virgin you aren't popular or fit in with people. They put you down and laugh at you just cause you havn't lost your virginity like they have. I mean, me and my sis(iluvmyloser) are not influensed by them but most of my friends are getting pulled into that.....me and my sister are both wondering why does it matter so much that if you're a virgin or not?

Thanks please respond!
    Like many things popular it has become a fad. People like to rebels often and thus do things 'they're not suppose to.' The catholic church prohibits pre-marital sex and because of this many seek to defy it. Others exhibit this as an immature boasting taking the mentality that since they made it with a woman that they are top dog since you apparently 'can't get one'. Still going it could be a gambling situation, seeing how many times they can get away with it before impregnating the girl/getting in parental trouble which also adds to the rebel factor since rebels like to take risks, to me, I really don't care if your a virgin or not, hell, I'm almost seventeen and I'm am. >_<

Newbie fujesal is off to a good start fujesal's Avatar
    Thanks

kool I didn't know that iluvmyloser was your sister, if she ever was annoyed while being at the computer that was my fault =P, I ask way too many question =D...well anyways this thread makes me a bit uncomfortable, but only a bit. I try to hang out with people who don't really get far with dates and stuff. They are fun and don't really try to enforce peer pressure on me. To my friends it doesn't matter whether I'm a virgin or not, they like me for who I am. Who cares if people who think they are popular Don't like you. All that matters is what your friends think!

bii!!
    "act the way you want to be and soon you'll be the way you act"

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post

Thanks please respond!
    It matters. I want to marry a virgin. Think about it: Would you like gum that's already been chewed? Personally, I wouldn't want to be compared. Imagine: After "the marital act," your significant other mutters, "Eh . . . [Insert Name Here] was better . . ." Sex is something I want to share with my spouse when that day comes. I want it to be an experience neither of us have had.

Besides, the more people you have sex with, the higher your chances of contracting some horrible disease.

The world has a double standard. Boys are expected to sleep around (I do not condone it), but if a girl does then she's a tramp.

So, yeah. Virginity = important.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

No. It doesn't matter in the least.

"virginity" as a sign of virtue is a social construct designed to further the idea that women are somehow the property of men. Men historically have none of the same taboos (or restrictions) when it comes to sexuality and only recently has virginity become an "equal opportunity" pursuit (thanks to religious championing of abstinence over sex education).

What you decide to do with your body, with whom and when is no one's business but your own.

Your sexual experiences (or lack thereof) have no bearing on your worth as a human being, the contents of your head or of your heart.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm 16 and I've been w/ my girlfriend since I was 12.

I love her to death and I always will, but I'm still a virgin.

But I think it'd be ok to have sex, because we both know we love each other and official affairs don't have to go on for us to "make sure" that we are committed to each other. (She mentioned this, btw)

Besides, two people have the right to do anything they want to themselves and each other's bodies w/ both their consents. (Except of course fatal injury, etc.)

Do I care if someone's a virgin? No

Do I think that sex should be for social cred? No

Is a person's body and sexual lif only their own business? Yes

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Newbie fujesal is off to a good start fujesal's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry to say this, but that's just stupid. Right now for me it doesn't matter, I'm only 14. When I find somone who loves me a lot and I love them back I'll gladly share my love with them. Sex is something to do with somone who you trust not with somone you just met.

would I like to have gum thats already chewed? no.
    but would you buy a car b4 test driving it? =P

sex is an important part of marrage(spelling?), many couples break up because they think like you do. Sex is only bad if you get raped, get pregnant, or contract a desease(spelling?), so carry mace and a condom =) problem solved!

bii!!

EDIT:while I was typing 2 people posted =P
    this was to divine punishment, when I say he's worng lol

DOUBLE EDIT:tsurara, you like I said have a very wide vocabulary and know a lot =P, but I hardly understand what your trying to say. =D
    I'm not stupid, just 14 =)
    just try to use much smaller words =P

p.s. your very smart btw (I can tell)
    Last edited by fujesal; Aug 27, 2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: slow typing =P
    "act the way you want to be and soon you'll be the way you act"

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

The funny thing is alot of them are probably lying. They want them to think there these don wons, when there not, and lie to look cool. Also what kind of a person loses their virginity to be cool. I wouldn't really care what those ppl think if i were you.

It matters. I want to marry a virgin. Think about it: Would you like gum that's already been chewed? Personally, I wouldn't want to be compared. Imagine: After "the marital act," your significant other mutters, "Eh . . . [Insert Name Here] was better . . ." Sex is something I want to share with my spouse when that day comes. I want it to be an experience neither of us have had.
    Yeah, but how will she know your any good if she hasn't been with anyone to compare it to??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast