+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Vision Of Students Today

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

A Vision Of Students Today

YouTube - A Vision of Students Today

Not sure if it belongs here, but anyway;

This is an amazingly accurate and a true story / video.

Fellow AO'ers, what do you think of the system [now]? Do you believe the statistics? Are you shocked?
    To me, I am a bit upset from what I've seen, I mean, no one is forcing them to stay in college, but whatever they learn there is only 26% relevant to life. I don't think it's fair now, is it?

And also, what do you think about the way things are happening? Who is to blame? Why have they not still improved the conditions?

Besides this, your opinions...

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Vision Of Students Today

the future is really going to be sad if this keep going down. i'm not really surprised about this because i was able to felt this is going to happened eventually. it's one of life's awful truths.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does this video imply that anything is "Wrong"?

University has ALWAYS been this way. It's not necesarily the system at fault--it was implied that students' priorities are skewed by distractions (primarily the internet).

Students spending 4 hours a day on Facebook (some of them during class) aren't necesarily going to know if what they're reading is ever going to be relevant to their lives (especially if most of them never read it!)

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Man who gives a flying shit how many hours the average student spends on facebook?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Man who gives a flying shit how many hours the average student spends on facebook?
    Facebook, I reckon.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I definitely disagree with that video
    I am a freshman in Harvard and even though I do spend a lot of time on the Internet and in chat rooms......it totally does not affect my grades at all..........
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

uhh... Welcome to University life?

What's wrong with all that they are implying? ( or am I missing the point?). If you want a degree you have to pay for it. Why does one expect there teacher to remember all their names if there is about 200-300 in a class and teachers can have more than one class a semester would anyone be able to remember that amount of names?

If anything, this is giving a look at a students life to one who has never been to a university.

and really? if facebook is such an issues get off it >_>

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

After graduating.. instead of spending most of my time at rehearsals and doing extra circular activities, I was online talking to my friends. Even during my second year, my grades where effected badly and I couldn't believe how stupid I was. Even during my final year I couldn't get any better but they are tougher on finals. Although I was also going through personal problems and didn't want to apply for extra time because of it as I thought it was important but really I think I should have deferred a year but then I wouldn't be where I am today.

Even now I am £13629.16 in debt. In American Dollars that is $324956.35. I have only just graduated and I already owe that much. Although, here in England You only have to pay it back if you have a well paid job. If you are earning under £15,000 for the year then you don't have to pay it back.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

+ Reply to Thread