+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

Here I must say that it is not fair that mechanism(evolution) is allright to be taught at most schools,and not vitalism(Creationists) it has been a constant battle against the idea of evolution but yet it is allright to teach. it.. We have seen that battle on the news or even of the science channel where evolutionists and creationists loudly discuss this issue. Some believe that if one were to prevail over the other than there would be total chaos. If science is proven wrong, than we would return to the days where religion prevailed . And if the creationists were somehow proven wrong , then all morals would be lost. these are just theories from my biology class. what do you think?.....
    Bloodymoonreaper

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: vitalism vs mechanism

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I belive the premise that your using to frame this debate is incorrect. If Science is proven wrong, then Science will simply rewrite it's text books with the new most currently accepted theories. (And don't claim this won't happen, because it has happened in the past. I know of at last one SCIENTIFIC LAW of PHYSICS that has been discarded because of more recent findings...)

And if Creationist are proven wrong, why would this effect morality? This association will have to be justified before you can use it as a premise of your argument...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

I think nowadays ppl just want to know more and more about everything related with "Life" I mean we are lookin for a answer or a meanin of life because since ages ago we are "growin" ...its like a upgrade... but u see all ppl have a culture to perserve! like In my country we take very serious the culture's thing and when Im talkin about culture, Im talkin about religion too, in my point of view only the oldest dont belive in mechanism evolution because most of them try really hard to keep the culture on!! but soon or later thas gonna change "we" have being "Upgrading" and when I say We I'm talkin about the young ppl who really live by mechanism's staffs!!
    Last edited by Arukih; Sep 13, 2006 at 11:41 AM.

Otaku Taelana may be famous one day Taelana may be famous one day Taelana's Avatar
    *tap tap tap...I'm right here...Dont you see me?
    Thanks

It shouldnt have anything to do with morality, but it does. If they prove that there isnt an Almighty for any religion...which I dont think they can...I personally wouldnt be affected directly but indirectly I would becuz all hell would break out...literally...and when it does we're all in trouble...lol. Since I dont have a religion it wouldnt effect my morality at all.

But like I said I dont think they can prove that there isnt or that evolution isnt a direct manipulation of God to make us learn to fend for ourselves. Perhaps God made evolution to mess with our minds...lol. Maybe he created this world sorta like a SimEarth. You know he grew us like a chia pet and then got bored and moved on. So where as you might see some latent miracles now and then, there really isnt any of his power left on Earth. Doesnt prove that there is a God...but it doesnt prove that there isnt and that was his point.

As for teaching it in schools, I believe it has to do in part with the separation of church and state and partly with the fact that we have too many different religions. So other than learning it as a subtopic of history, it wont be taught because Creationism is for when you go to church? I personally dont care if a kid has to pray in school. Its not like they have to actually do it. Just bow your head and think of something else like I do...lol But that's prolly why they dont teach it.
    Mukuchi ni naruhodo suki yo yasashi sa doushitara mieru no
    daikishimete motto tsuyoku atataka na mune wo shinjiru yo
    Sayonara solitia ashita he

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont see why they both cant be taught in school? Let the kids decide what they beleive in.

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

I belive the premise that your using to frame this debate is incorrect. If Science is proven wrong, then Science will simply rewrite it's text books with the new most currently accepted theories. (And don't claim this won't happen, because it has happened in the past. I know of at last one SCIENTIFIC LAW of PHYSICS that has been discarded because of more recent findings...)

And if Creationist are proven wrong, why would this effect morality? This association will have to be justified before you can use it as a premise of your argument...
    It would affect morality because people are moral only because they believe there is a God or Gods and they want to please him/them,. If there were to be none ,then who would care? They would freely do what they used to think wrong because there is no one to judge them other than man , who is not such a big authorative figure as God.
    Bloodymoonreaper

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper View Post
    It would affect morality because people are moral only because they believe there is a God or Gods and they want to please him/them,. If there were to be none ,then who would care? They would freely do what they used to think wrong because there is no one to judge them other than man , who is not such a big authorative figure as God.
    Nah, I think ppl can be moral on thir own. Lots of non-religous ppl who are moral exist.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper View Post
    Now in the Buddist religion, it's taught that the existence of 'Gods' are irrelevent to obtaining inner peace (enlightenment). So are you implying that all Buddists are immoral (which is clearly not the case). And do you consult your bible every time you stop at a stop light when there are no other cars coming? It appears that your statement requires some more thought concerning human upbringings and culture...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast