+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: vitalism vs mechanism

Quote Originally Posted by bloodymoonreaper View Post
    It would affect morality because people are moral only because they believe there is a God or Gods and they want to please him/them,. If there were to be none ,then who would care? They would freely do what they used to think wrong because there is no one to judge them other than man , who is not such a big authorative figure as God.

to say that people would be immoral becuase no entitiy is looking down on them in shame.........is WRONG.....many non-religous people can be moral without being religious............and i personally know that many religious christians are immoral despite the fact that they consider themselves christians................

now i believe that children should be given a chance to decide on there own............for example they could give a quick lecture on both and which ever one they find more interesting they can study that one.............but to just teach one is wrong.........because it can get very confusing when your school is telling you about evolution while at home you are being taught of creationism.........

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

to say that people would be immoral becuase no entitiy is looking down on them in shame.........is WRONG.....many non-religous people can be moral without being religious............and i personally know that many religious christians are immoral despite the fact that they consider themselves christians................
    Exactly.

Some christians(BTW, im one) think they have the monopoly on morals. lol

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

well i think there is a god i think that we did evovle beacuse there is proof of evolution and no one has any refernces (except the bible ) of god making life

Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manga fanatic View Post
    well i think there is a god i think that we did evovle beacuse there is proof of evolution and no one has any refernces (except the bible ) of god making life
    hm...
    well, actually thats really not true at all. There actually is a significiant amount evidence that supports the bible. I really bellieve that all religions should be taught in school. i think it gives kids a beter understanding of different belief systems and to learn that science is not always right. For example, i asked my teacher about this and he said "we teach evolution but if your interested in religion you can go to church". i thought this was rather foolish, why would some child be interested in church when they are taught that evolution is fact there entire lifes. I really could go on and on, on science that supports creation and how it compares to the science supporting evolution.

The main question that surrounds the christian belief is where did God come from?
    A) this as always been a stupid question for me the bible clearly states that god is the Alpha and Omega, Beggining and End, God is and always shall be, there is no such thing as basic life standards the we sinful people even try to understand God that much.

The main question that surrounds Evolution is, where did it all come from?
    A) there is none, scientist have no idea, and never will have one,.
    that is why i would put my belief on solid stone, in which me belief never changes unlike Evolutions shifting sand theories.

Would you put you belief to stand on solid rock or Shifting Sand?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eiden View Post
    hm...
    well, actually thats really not true at all. There actually is a significiant amount evidence that supports the bible. I really bellieve that all religions should be taught in school. i think it gives kids a beter understanding of different belief systems and to learn that science is not always right. For example, i asked my teacher about this and he said "we teach evolution but if your interested in religion you can go to church". i thought this was rather foolish, why would some child be interested in church when they are taught that evolution is fact there entire lifes. I really could go on and on, on science that supports creation and how it compares to the science supporting evolution.

School is to learn the basic needs to get through life, maths, computer skills, english even science. And that what it should be.

I remember having to sit through and hour of a religion I didn't believe in, at a public school. It was a complete waste of time. We could have been learning something else in that time.

If you believe in religion, good-o, I have nothing against it, but teach it at home, at churches. Religion is a personal thing, a personal opinion. Keep school for learning things. Except of course if you go to a catholic school or sumthing, then they can preach all they want

I guess they can teach kids to be more tolerant of other cultures and other religions. But really isn't the point to school learn the basic needs of life, like I mentioned above?

And just because a child is taught evolution in school, doesn't mean that they won't except religion or creation. They make there own minds up.

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

The main question that surrounds Evolution is, where did it all come from?
    A) there is none, scientist have no idea, and never will have one,.
    that is why i would put my belief on solid stone, in which me belief never changes unlike Evolutions shifting sand theories.

Would you put you belief to stand on solid rock or Shifting Sand?
    I 2nd that Solid as a Rock.

This is like the Movie Da Vinci Code right .

Wait for the chaos and ............................................ nothing happens hahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!! everybody said this is so contradictory that ppl will loose it....
    Nothing happened nobody believes it excepth the ????????

So yeah don't worry about it because there is no prove that there is no God so they can say predict and research as much as they want they won't find what they looking for ..... Evolutionist Blah Blah Blah Blah!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Spymonk; Sep 15, 2006 at 01:51 AM.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spymonk View Post
    I 2nd that Solid as a Rock.

This is like the Movie Da Vinci Code right .

Wait for the chaos and ............................................ nothing happens hahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!! everybody said this is so contradictory that ppl will loose it....
    Nothing happened nobody believes it excepth the ????????

So yeah don't worry about it because there is no prove that there is no God so they can say predict and research as much as they want they won't find what they looking for ..... Evolutionist Blah Blah Blah Blah!!!!!!!!!!!

and there is no way to prove there is a god.........except death...............

so do you creationist believe that there is no such thing as evolution................because evolution is all around us............when you see a bird flying.........evolution..............contrary to what the bible says................where are the dinosaurs in the bible............where is the evolution that has been proven........it cant be seen.......so.......before you put evolution down.............look around and just asses the situation...........just dont go by blind beliefs.......

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

hm...
    There may be some evidence of a man named jesus, but nothing on adam and eve. Where we were all suppost to come from.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast