+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 44

Thread: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

  1. #25
    Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in front of my computer
    Posts
    1,572
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

    Actually, there is great amount of evidence for evolution, (but they don't teach this in high schools). The concept of genetic evolution is so fundemental to the Bio-Tech industry, that is some kind of evolutionary process did not occur, then the success with bio-engineered plants and animals, and the break-throughs in the pharmacutical industry simply should not have occurred...
    but genetic evolution is microscopic. all your doing is cementing my meaning.


    and i seriously agree with the first line of Frr vegeta's post (didn't fell like reading the rest) creationism isn't a true science. and for all my ranting and raving of the flaws in evolution i am not going to beat anyone over the head with a bible (except my brother b/c then it is in the name of God)

    thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

  2. #26
    Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    5,477
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 172 Times in 147 Posts

    Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    but genetic evolution is microscopic. all your doing is cementing my meaning.
    Well for that matter, cells are microscopic, and sub-atomic physics is way beyond microscopic... Just because a phenomena isn't directly observable doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or doesn't count as evidence. The fact that you can't directly observe an electron doesn't mean you can't use a light switch...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

  3. #27
    Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Warp
    Posts
    1,166
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    but genetic evolution is microscopic. all your doing is cementing my meaning.


    and i seriously agree with the first line of Frr vegeta's post (didn't fell like reading the rest) creationism isn't a true science. and for all my ranting and raving of the flaws in evolution i am not going to beat anyone over the head with a bible (except my brother b/c then it is in the name of God)
    Of course genetic evolution is microscopic. Genetic evolution comes about by changes in DNA structure and perhaps crossing over in Chromosomes, both of which are microscopic.

    I fail to see what your point is, however.

  4. #28
    Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in front of my computer
    Posts
    1,572
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

    Well for that matter, cells are microscopic, and sub-atomic physics is way beyond microscopic... Just because a phenomena isn't directly observable doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or doesn't count as evidence. The fact that you can't directly observe an electron doesn't mean you can't use a light switch...
    but a change in a chromosome or a single gange in a DNA strand won't turn you into another species. THATS the evolution i am discrediting.

    thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

  5. #29
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    but a change in a chromosome or a single gange in a DNA strand won't turn you into another species. THATS the evolution i am discrediting.
    No, but it will make you a slightly different species. Then over time you will become another species, after countless evolutions.

  6. #30
    Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in front of my computer
    Posts
    1,572
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

    if that were so we would have seen it by now. idiots have been observing animals for almost 3 melinia and we haven't even been able to see many microscopic changes

    thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

  7. #31
    Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444
    No, but it will make you a slightly different species. Then over time you will become another species, after countless evolutions.
    How much time is needed for new species to evolve from old species and does the old species stop existing No they don't so yeah it is like a man bird but man is still here so yeah that would bve a sight to see but when..

    Our childrens, children will discuss the same things we are don't u think....


  8. #32
    Otaku Eiden may be famous one day Eiden may be famous one day Eiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Destiny.. well somewhere along those lines
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: vitalism vs mechanism (Creationist vs Evolution)

    Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    if that were so we would have seen it by now. idiots have been observing animals for almost 3 melinia and we haven't even been able to see many microscopic changes
    I agree, however scientist will argue and say that certain species have become immune to certain diseases over time, i found this stupid for whenever a subject is expossed to a small amount of a germ/diseas the body builds a type of defense system so that type of germ will never make you sick again. However just becuase are white blood cells change over time does not suggest physical change at all and far from it.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Evolution Versus Creation...
    By SousukeSagara in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 269
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2006, 12:40 PM
  2. Evolution
    By Weebl in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: Dec 07, 2005, 11:11 PM
  3. The Inuyasha Evolution
    By fangirl006 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Sep 15, 2005, 07:24 PM
  4. expect the evolution or its power
    By Harukosan in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug 24, 2005, 03:49 PM
  5. Evolution
    By frozen_mercury in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 03, 2005, 10:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts