+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: walmart

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: walmart

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I was working in the Pantry and I had too pull a 700 pound milk pallet out onto the sales floor with a manual pallet jack. I wrenched my ankle pretty badly to the point where I couldn't put any weight on it at all and I was off work for 2 weeks.
    Well since you basically just twisted your ankle, it isn't necesarrily a dissability that keeps you from doing your job. The jack is damn safe to work with and just aobut the only way to get an injury from it is self inflicted.

No offense, but you twisted your ankle. I agree that you shouldn't be compensated for that. A 70 yr old woman broke her wrist, thumb, and bruised her ankles, thighs, and forarms(to the color black), from a pallet falling on her and she still finished off her shift and came back to work the next day.

2 weeks? Seriously?

Walmart isn't a monopoloy. It was pretty clear from the fact it is illegal. Do they have the right to run others out of business? Hell yes and I am proud to hear that. A little competition and convenience isn't something to sue for. So the little man gets beaten, oh well and too bad. I know plenty who survive with a Wal-mart right next door so why can't these others?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Well since you basically just twisted your ankle, it isn't necesarrily a dissability that keeps you from doing your job. The jack is damn safe to work with and just aobut the only way to get an injury from it is self inflicted.

No offense, but you twisted your ankle. I agree that you shouldn't be compensated for that. A 70 yr old woman broke her wrist, thumb, and bruised her ankles, thighs, and forarms(to the color black), from a pallet falling on her and she still finished off her shift and came back to work the next day.

2 weeks? Seriously?
    Yes, 2 weeks, and I didn't "twist" my ankle, it was severe sprang (An over extention of muscles and tendons) coupled with stress fractures where the Tarsals and tibia meet (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eton_front.svg).

I also collected two weeks workman's compensation for my lost time, I quit wal-mart because I had to fight them every inch of the way to finally get it. The company isn't all friendly smiles, they really are a faceless corporation who only care about one thing: Parting you from your hard earned money.

And if that woman had that happen too her, then she's a bloody idiot and so is her doctor for allowing her to go back to work.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

walmart is a pretty decent store , my cousin
    worked at the walrmart where that guy who
    owned the walmarts worked before he died ,
    he said they guy was really nice and didnt really
    try to push anyone to over do things he was just
    a regular joe .

after he died though walmart went down hill because
    his famly got money hungry
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Wal-Mart is nothing like a monopoly, a monopoly is when one provider can do a service or give you a product. Like I guess you could say Windows is a monopoly because its the most used operating system on computers and Linux or Mac isn't much of a competition for Windows.

Monopoly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wal-mart is the biggest market out there selling anything... they have really cheap prices too... I think Wal-mart is evil... v_V

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Wal-Mart is nothing like a monopoly, a monopoly is when one provider can do a service or give you a product. Like I guess you could say Windows is a monopoly because its the most used operating system on computers and Linux or Mac isn't much of a competition for Windows.

Monopoly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wal-mart is the biggest market out there selling anything... they have really cheap prices too... I think Wal-mart is evil... v_V
    MICROSOFT--not Windows.

Anyway, Microsoft is far from a monopoly. I know more Mac users than I do PC. And those with PCs are itchin' for a Mac. IT IS ILLEGAL TO HAVE A MONOPOLY IN THIS COUNTRY!!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well, i don't like what Walmart does to small businesses... and it is kinda from the devil...

but bills need to be paid and kids need to eat, and Walmart is your best option when nothing else is answering your calls. it sucks a whole bunch, but sometimes you have to do sucky things in order to make ends meet. i highly unagree with the whole "can't be in a union" thing to keep its workers down and such, but you really can't stop them. people sign up to work there, so they accept the consqences of such...

^_^ this is how a Candian Walmart employs protest against the powerhouse...

^_^ that's one of my favorite pictures...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    MICROSOFT--not Windows.

Anyway, Microsoft is far from a monopoly. I know more Mac users than I do PC. And those with PCs are itchin' for a Mac. IT IS ILLEGAL TO HAVE A MONOPOLY IN THIS COUNTRY!!
    But Microsoft USED to be a monopoly... with it's all-in-one packages, it became the people's choice for computing. That's why they made Microsoft split.

... and you must live in a strange area.... O_o In my area, everyone WANTED a Mac, but that was just for its looks. They just went for a PC, and though not as snazzy, they're happy wiht the choice... afterall, more programs and games are offered for the PC than a Mac.

...that is, until they made all Macs run on Windows.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anywho... with the topic at hand...

Psh, so?

People DO sign up for it. People DO accept their jobs. If they have a problem with their work environments and rights, they woulda quit a long time ago!
    The problem is, the people actually go for this job!

I don't see why people complain if they knew what they were getting themselves into. >_>

Walmart sucks, duh... but if you're gonna bring down this place, go bring down the work factories in China.
    And don't even get me started with those factories, people WANT to work there, and most times they DON'T MIND the working environment. For most of them, it's a paradise compared to when they get back home.
    Easy job. Easy money. No rights. If that's what they wanted, let them have it.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    But Microsoft USED to be a monopoly... with it's all-in-one packages, it became the people's choice for computing. That's why they made Microsoft split.

... and you must live in a strange area.... O_o In my area, everyone WANTED a Mac, but that was just for its looks. They just went for a PC, and though not as snazzy, they're happy wiht the choice... afterall, more programs and games are offered for the PC than a Mac.

...that is, until they made all Macs run on Windows.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anywho... with the topic at hand...

Psh, so?

People DO sign up for it. People DO accept their jobs. If they have a problem with their work environments and rights, they woulda quit a long time ago!
    The problem is, the people actually go for this job!

I don't see why people complain if they knew what they were getting themselves into. >_>

Walmart sucks, duh... but if you're gonna bring down this place, go bring down the work factories in China.
    And don't even get me started with those factories, people WANT to work there, and most times they DON'T MIND the working environment. For most of them, it's a paradise compared to when they get back home.
    Easy job. Easy money. No rights. If that's what they wanted, let them have it.

You're right, you're right. But the key phrase is "used to be". They could've lost a lot if they continued on the path they originally took. Anywho...

Walmart sucks, yes we all know this, and I know a VERY unhappy Walmart employee. But that's life. Small business gets eaten by large coorporations, people apply for non-union jobs and regret it for not being able to go on strike, and it's been that way for years now.

But just because Walmart is the devil doesn't mean you have to shop there. ^_^ I personally prefer Target over Wally-world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast