Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: War Prize?

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Question War Prize?

So, how do you all feel about President Obama's receiving\ acceptance of the Nobel Peace Prize?

In short, he orders 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan. Then in accepting the Nobel PEACE Prize, he promotes peace (the non-violent ways of people like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.), and in the very same speech... he defends war.

Obama: Nobel Peace Prize is 'call to action' - CNN.com

Obama Nobel Speech VIDEO: "Surprised And Deeply Humbled"

I personally have been beside myself with all Obama's contradictory.

A long time ago, I watched a film called "The Obama Deception" ... at the time, I dismissed the film as hype. Just conspiracy propaganda, and I doubted that it held much truth.

But, the more time passes... Obama is revealed as... (well, for a lack of a more a appropriate term).... a liar. In my opinion anyway.

Initially, while we were searching for a President to serve after Bush. I had a favorite candidate that was in line with what remained of my political values.

Ron Paul

But, I soon saw that if I voted for Ron Paul... I would essentially be tossing away my vote. And having, in part, being moved by the struggles of people in my ethnic background. And the excitement of "the first African American President". And also, hearing all his promises of change...

... I believed. And Obama got my vote, along with the majority of the people.

Where is the change? There were excerpts from his Nobel Prize acceptance speech. That to me, sounded eerily similar to statements made by our former president, George W. Bush....
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: War Prize?

I think the noble prize is very rediculous now. It used to be the prize was awarded to those who had spent much of their time devoted to their ideas, and reimbursed them for a job well done. Now I see the money going to folks like the president and Al Gore. People who don't need the money. There are many researchers and activist struggling to feed their families and those guys get it.

It was completely unnessecary and besides, what did he do to earn it? Not much.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Dec 15, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

*Falls to my knees and streaches hands out to the sky* Thank you for the love of god and all that is good and logical in the world people are finaly getting the fact that Obama is nothing more then a narsasist and one of the biggest liers that this nation has ever seen.

First off, the "peace prize" is suppose to be an award to indaviduals who HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO ADVANCING AND GREATLY BENOFITING HUMANITY. Its not suppose to be given because of what some one says, but what they have done and accomplished. Obama hasnt done anything to benofit or advance Humanity, he hasnt even done anything to help out the country he is running other then driving up our debt and spending a mind boggling amount of money. Oh and yes, many of his speaches were taken from Gearge W. Bush.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Scourge For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Dec 15, 2009)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

*Falls to my knees and streaches hands out to the sky* Thank you for the love of god and all that is good and logical in the world people are finaly getting the fact that Obama is nothing more then a narsasist and one of the biggest liers that this nation has ever seen.
    Hey... Its hard not to want to have some hope for some sort of savior for our bad situation. After all, Obama's deceit comes well spoken, and well packaged.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-1801350.html

The above website is a really great read. It educates people about the sadly overlooked nominees. All be it, the website only explains the feats of a small handful. You can still get an idea of the people who were shoved aside for Obama to get that award.

I was once really into the whole illuminati \ free mason conspiracy. Fearful of a New World Order... then I just figured it would all be way too far fetched to be in the realm of reality.

But when the President, who has barely been in office long enough to do much more beyond make and break promises.... Gets the noble prize over all the other worthy candidates. It kinda does smell like a conspiracy.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Hey... Its hard not to want to have some hope for some sort of savior for our bad situation. After all, Obama's deceit comes well spoken, and well packaged.
    I am well aware of that, but there is a saying which I am sure you have hurd of. "If it sounds to good to be truth it usually is."

Also, the Free Masions and the Eluminoty are two different groups. Not to mention the fact that the Free Masions are not bad, evil, or dark and neither were the Eluminoty. Both groups we excluded and deamed "EVIL" by the Christion church do to the fact that the Eluminoty preached to understand god through science. Which was harrasy. And the Free Masons because they, who were our founding fauthers, and other individuals, belived in freedome of religouse tolerances. Which was also a no no back in the day and why they got a bad wrap.
    In truth, the constatution was created out from the basic ideas and boleafes of the Free Masions. They sought understanding and tolerance between groups and fallowed logic.
    Last edited by Scourge; Dec 15, 2009 at 04:23 PM.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

The idea that a president can keep all of his campaign promises, or that he can fulfill them in his first year in office is ludicrous and well beyond the realm of feasibility.

You're forgetting that a president has 4 years to get everything he said he would do done. You're all expecting him to get everything done now and right away, which just isn't Possible.

If you're guys are pissed about 30,000 more troops being sent to Afghanistan, take a moment and look through this Google image search. That's the reason the US, along with Britain, Canada, and many other nations are there.

If Afghanistan isn't stabilized, it will return to what it was before 9/11, a haven for terrorists and History will repeat itself and the next time it will be the stuff of our nightmares.

Afghanistan isn't Iraq. The US and others had justification for invading, it was a direct response to the brutal murder of thousands of innocents, a fact that is lost on some, and that is sad.

As for you conspiracy theorists, take your absurdity and shove it where the sun doesn't shine, cause that's how much credibility it has.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    You're forgetting that a president has 4 years to get everything he said he would do done. You're all expecting him to get everything done now and right away, which just isn't Possible.
    I sure as heck never said I expected him to fulfill every promise he made at this point... I was speaking strictly about the ridiculousness of him receiving the Nobel prize when he has YET to fulfill them. I've always insisted people should give him the chance to do so.

But I can't defend Obama when clearly he seems more intent on breaking promises.

And I don't believe everything I hear justifying a surge in troops. No pictures of 9\11 is going to sway that... I don't believe that fighting chaos with chaos makes sense.

throughout history, from the American Revolution to the Vietnam War, home-grown insurgencies like the Taliban's ultimately ended when foreign troops withdrew.
    Furthermore... Im quite aware of the DAMAGE US intervention has caused and continues to cause. Why in the hell did you think we were targets to begin with?

Afghanistan's crisis is in part the result of 30 years of US intervention in the region, including the covert CIA campaign that created the Taliban (and al-Qaeda). Having unleashed this violence, the US has a legal and ethical obligation to the people of Afghanistan. That obligation will not be met by putting more boots on the ground. Instead, we need policies that address the grinding poverty, mass violence against women, predatory government and ongoing warfare that plague Afghanistan.
    If what we really saught after...was stability. We would be coming up with solutions to the problem that actually promoted said stability... which a surge in troops, does not.

Is sending more troops to Afghanistan the only way to solve the crisis there? We might be better off sending an army of our top business leaders. The decades long turmoil in Afghanistan has led to the massive exodus of intellectual capital.
    Also, I'm unsure to whom your comment to "conspiracy theorists" was toward, but since I was the only person in this thread to make mention of conspiracy, I'll assume it was me.

In my own defense, I did say conspiracy theories for the most part seem outside the realm of reality in the way that they are presented. But, to think that a government as notably corrupt as our own, is EXEMPT from conspiracy is laughable

Keep in mind that conspiracy doesn't have to mean. Illuminati, or psychotic free mason rituals, shape shifting, or any of that nonsense..
    con⋅spir⋅a⋅cy
      /kənˈspɪrəsi/
    –noun, plural -cies.
    1. the act of conspiring.
    2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
    3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
    4. Law. an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
    5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.
    There is documented evidence that supports our governments invovement in previous conspiracies... why not now?

All of my quotes (aside from those of aceman67) were taken from the following sources
    * Conspiracy Definition | Definition of Conspiracy at Dictionary.com
    ** An Alternative to More Troops in Afghanistan | Transforming Afghanistan One Leader at A Time - CNN iReport
    *** Six Alternatives to a Troop Surge in Afghanistan | CommonDreams.org
    ... Not Ever Again...

Thanks

When is it comes to Afgan, I am at a loss, I know we have to fight these terrorists over there other wise we will end up fighting them here on our own soil and are infact starting to because people don't have the heart to fight a war. But the reason why I am at a crossroads is do to the fact of how Obama is running this war. He signed an agreement with President Carzi (I doubt I spelled his name correctly) That layed out the rules of engagment which are absaloutly moronic. And I would hope you would agree with me Ace given your family history.

One of these rules of engagements was "No night raids." No patrolling at night to provent the enemy from resting and being able to use the cover of night to attack the enemies.

Another one was "No surprise searches of an area with out giving advance warning of at least an hour a head of time." What the hell is the point of searching when your giving them the enemy heads up that you are coming and giving them time to leave with their equipment?!

"Soldiers are strickly prohibited from engaging the enemy with civilians near by." Another words, if the soldiers are in a city or town where known terrorist are, they cannot attack them, or fire back in self deffence if they are attacked.

PART 2 of last said mention rule: "All forces MUST withdraw from areas where civilians are pressent when being attacked by the enemy." So when you hear from the news "Our forces were pushed out of a said town or area" its because if these moronic rules of engagment which Obama him self agreed and signed with Carzi. Its not because the terrorists are "pushing us out" Its because of polotics.

"All patroles must be ecompanied by Afgan soldiers." It has been documented and a known fact that there are many terrorists sympothisers in the Afgan militery who helped our enemies by warning them when searches were going to be made when and where as well as to set up ambushes for US patroles.

"When a terrorist is spotted planting an I.E.D. soldiers can not engage the target if they are walking away, only when they are running." This rule I don't know if I should laugh or bang my head against a brick wall.

There are several other rules that I don't remember right now, but how the hell do you expect our forces to fight, let alone protect them selves with these rule which Obama whole heartedly agreed to that sets our forces up for failer?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast