Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: War Prize?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: War Prize?

"Engaging" is entirely different from "Defending". If you're being fired on, you're an idiot if you don't fire back.

And you're right, some of those RoE are moronic, but there's nothing in them that says soldiers are not allowed to defend themselves. The same was for my Dad when he was in Bosnia back in the 90s as a peacekeeper. They would get daily rocket attacks, and my dad's unit fired back.

Engaging is a preemptive word along the lines of attack.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats true, but "Engageing" also means confronting, which can also be ment in a deffencive roll. In any case, as stated before about the "PART 2" segmant on the rules around civilians and having forces pull back from fighting makes it impossible for any force to do their job. This means even if they find an enemy and their hide out in a city or town, they will not be able to persue the target if the terrorist fires on them. Its impossible for any force to hold any ground, even a check point with in a populated area.

Another rule that I remember is that using airstrikes are strickly prohibited within certan areas of the country. So that means no air support for soldiers if they find them selves with in these areas.

In the end this whole thing is being run a hell of a lot worse then when Bush was calling the shots. Obama is tieing our soldiers hands and expects them to do their job. Not to mention the troop levels requested by Gen. McCristal was cut in half by Obama. And after spending a redeculouse amount of time on talking with his "Experts" which were mostly a bunch of burocrats who absolutly know nothing about how to fight a war, Obama has the odacity to say that "The decission making that has taken place and what he has decided on would be the best corse of action and that the militery would have all the support and resorces they need..." He says this after basicly cuffing our forces and was VERY reluctant to send even half the amount of troops that was requested, not to mention the large amount of cuts to militery spending.

Its obviace that he really does not care about the war and would much rather ignore it.
    Last edited by Scourge; Dec 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

On the other hand, it looks like Obama has taken a lesson from history. Military forces alone cannot prop up a puppet government that has no support from its people. (Vietnam proved that lesson...) The new engagement rules is an attempt to cut down on the number of civilian casualties, which the Taliban have been provoking to their benefit... It was the ambassador from Afghanistan (who was also the former US military leader there) that warned against sending massive numbers of troops. Until the Afghanistan government can stop the massive amount of corruption within it ranks, sending more troops is simply tossing them into a meat grinder. Obama is correct in declaring a deadline for the Afghanistan government to take responsibility for itself...
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Dec 16, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

On the other hand, it looks like Obama has taken a lesson from history. Military forces alone cannot prop up a puppet government that has no support from its people. (Vietnam proved that lesson...) It was the ambassador from Afghanistan (who was also the former US military leader there) that warned against sending massive numbers of troops. Until the Afghanistan government can stop the massive amount of corruption within it ranks, sending more troops is simply tossing them into a meat grinder. Obama is correct in declaring a deadline for the Afghanistan government to take responsibility for itself...
    If Obama has truely taken a lessen from history as you say he has, he would have also learn that cuffing your forces in a war is a very bad way to run things. I am refering to the agreement Obama signed with Carzi whos rules I have listed. He hasnt learned anything Len, the only reason why they even had a "discution" about the war in the first place was because his Gen finely forced him to listen to them as before he was just blowing them off as he wants no part of it.

Also it must be known that if/when we leave, everything will iventually go back to the way it was before which was the terrorist in the regine will do as they please once again and will CONTINUE to attack the US and our allies which people continue to fail to understand. They were at war with us far longer then we have been at war with them, you will continue to see terrorist attacks, and most likely even more then usual. Many people here do not understand the mind set of our enemy, I do as I have friends in the armed forces as well as have friends who are acctually Arib whos family left the Middle East because they HATE the terrorists.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Newbie heeytenemisa is off to a good start heeytenemisa's Avatar
    Thanks

i think he doesnt compare to other winners lyk martin luther king jr and al gore (sp) , since hes prez doing good things is as easy as convincing someone to let him while others had to fight for what they believe in. i lyk obama and all dont get me wrong
    well i guess after bush hes really good in comparison

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Dead thread, closing.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2