+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wars and religion...

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

wars and religion...

I'm sure you guys know about all the wars the world has been in because of religion... so i was wondering what your favorite war is and why. Also why you think so many wars are started because of religion.. i mean in my opinion they are all kinda the same right? they all have a god or gods and they all have some thing to the 10 commandments right? So why do we fight so much over it? I know people think that their religion is better than others but that's not really a reason to fight over it in my opinion.. if you want, would you tell a lil about your religion.. you don't have to...

But seriously guys.. why are so many wars over religion or have religion as a main cause?
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: wars and religion...

whether if it's religion or not there will still be a war. the possible cause of war over religion itself is not religion but rather it's belief.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    whether if it's religion or not there will still be a war. the possible cause of war over religion itself is not religion but rather it's belief.
    that's true but it's the beliefs one have because of their religion correct?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenLover101 View Post
    I'm sure you guys know about all the wars the world has been in because of religion...
    Except nearly none of them actually are...

There are very few wars that have been begun on account of religion.

Though it's true that early all have been fueled by each side using religion to justify their actions or imply that "God" wants them to win, I can think of very few wars STARTED by edict of a religion or the actions of a particular religious group.

As far as I know, none of the major world wars in our lifetime were religiously motivated.

We fight wars for territory, resources, power, and control. Religion is a powerful ideological tool to sway others to your side... but very few people go around starting wars on account of it.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

that's true but it's the beliefs one have because of their religion correct?
    not entirely...there are some who have religion not because of beliefs but because of tradition. wars are caused because of difference of ideas not because of religion.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    not entirely...there are some who have religion not because of beliefs but because of tradition. wars are caused because of difference of ideas not because of religion.

alright.. so they usually end up revolved around, or made to look like they revolve around, religion.... why? i mean.. what's the point?

Thanks

alright.. so they usually end up revolved around, or made to look like they revolve around, religion.... why? i mean.. what's the point?
    for you to understand the point of religion you must experience it for yourself. for me the point is to see one's unique purpose of existence.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont believe u can have a religion u call ur own if u dont even believe in it. It wouldnt be true and therefore wouldnt exist but only in ur thoughts

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast