Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are we addicted to technology?

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Are we addicted to technology?

This was just a thought that came to me a few minutes ago. Could the majority or even some of us actually survive without technology? If you think about it we run our lives by technological means. Cell phones, alarm clocks, coffee makers, vehicles, ect ect. What do you think would happen to us if in some crazy way technology or rather electronics weren't available to us for a certain period of time or forever? I know there is a very rare chance of this happening it's just one of those what if things. My questions are, are we addicted to technology and could we survive without it for any period of time? Oh and what are some similarities and differences in how our ancestors survived and how we survive?

Questions or comments anyone? ^-^
    Dear Dinah...

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are we addicted to technology?

Of course we couldn't!

I don't think I could survive without the coffee machine at Uni during late night study session and classes XD

realistically, we could, anyone could. If we ignore medical technologies (for now), most of the technology today is just here to make our lives more comfortable and easy going. It would be difficult at first (in the short term) especially if it was something all of a sudden and not gradual. If we had no car or mode of transport how would all the food get around? We could have potentially mass starvation, those living in urban areas would have the space to grow there own food ( and with today's society they would be stealing, plundering murdering for who knows what..). Gosh, I wonder if some of them would even have the know how to ( considering to some kids today - milk comes from the shop - not the poor cow XD).

Now, I'm guessing people will die due to no medical technology being available, but we still have out knowledge so doctors might be able to do some surgery on make shift things.

So I think in the short term (depending if it was gradual or sudden) it might be a bit chaotic, but in the long term, I think we could survive, we did so for humdreds of years before the industrial age.

(wow, I didn't think I'd write so much XD)

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

no we couldnt survive. no one could. youre thinking that only things like the computer and cell phones are technology; but everything is technology. a cavemans club is technology. a wooden spear is technology.

in other words, unless were going to goto rivers and drink water with our hands and kill wild animals with our bare hands, we all need technology.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

i know i couldnt live with out my tech most important my video games i would go crazy and kill my self and the club was not tech it was just a big stick they swung around.but i know i couldnt live out tech everything i have on me right now is eletronic other than my underwear i would be the first to go

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    no we couldnt survive. no one could. youre thinking that only things like the computer and cell phones are technology; but everything is technology. a cavemans club is technology. a wooden spear is technology.

in other words, unless were going to goto rivers and drink water with our hands and kill wild animals with our bare hands, we all need technology.

I know that there is other technology..I named a few others...also I specified that I was talking more or less electronics. It was just a what if question anyway.
    Dear Dinah...

Otaku Gold Miner: Second Edition Champion tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day tora_tora_yatta may be famous one day
    Thanks

For electronics I think I could survive without it for I do play it sometimes but not all the time but for a cellphone or computer no I can not

Made by mi amigo Mveli2

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

No... our life and civilization as we know it would crumble down to nothing, many people would die seeing as some people are on life support, using a heart defibrillator to bring people back, etc. We wouldn't manage life easily, or at least a majority of people wouldn't.

As for small technology such as electronic gaming systems, cell phones, telephones, computers, etc we could go without.

So we are definitely addicted to technology, its our way of life ;D

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that we could survive without, but we would have to go back to basics. It's not impossiable we would just have to relearn a few things. But technology has made life alot easier so we tend to rely on it a bit too much at times.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast