Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are we addicted to technology?

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are we addicted to technology?

i don't think we're addicted to technology, i just think we're adapting to it...

that's what humans have done since conception, see what is before them and create something better and more efficient to give us more free time to do our own thing... but never works out, it only makes the technology that we work with look snazzier.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i don't think we're addicted to technology, i just think we're adapting to it...

that's what humans have done since conception, see what is before them and create something better and more efficient to give us more free time to do our own thing... but never works out, it only makes the technology that we work with look snazzier.
    I agree, man has been adaptin' for thousand of years. Our entire livelyhood revolves aroun' our brains. So in order ta stop such an "Addiction", we would need ta de-evolve, thousands of years, ta our primate selves. Considerin' nature moves forward and doesn' revert back, I don' c how that's goin' ta b possible.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i dont think we could live with out it , though i can
    say i could because i am a backwoods man so doing
    things the hard way are normal for me lol though i prefer
    the tecj stuff because it makes things easier.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OfeliasFire View Post
    This was just a thought that came to me a few minutes ago. Could the majority or even some of us actually survive without technology? If you think about it we run our lives by technological means. Cell phones, alarm clocks, coffee makers, vehicles, ect ect. What do you think would happen to us if in some crazy way technology or rather electronics weren't available to us for a certain period of time or forever? I know there is a very rare chance of this happening it's just one of those what if things. My questions are, are we addicted to technology and could we survive without it for any period of time? Oh and what are some similarities and differences in how our ancestors survived and how we survive?

Questions or comments anyone? ^-^
    Say there was a global blackout for 10 days.
    now just think about that. No power, no back up generators, and no
    solar powered anything.

We'd all revert to savagery, because we wouldnt know how to survive otherwise. Looting, killing, looting some more.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho View Post
    solar powered anything.

We'd all revert to savagery, because we wouldnt know how to survive otherwise. Looting, killing, looting some more.
    If that were to happen, I would ask when Kurt Russel was going to show up.

Just because technology shut down for 10 days, we definentally wouldn't revert back to the savage. We would still have law, police, army, politics and the such. Yes, quite a few riots would break out, killing and looting as well, but it would contained. It isn't like nuclear bombs would be going off, so plenty of things would be secure. We have survived before with plenty of sense and decency, we can certainly do it again with our superior knowledge and advancement.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho View Post
    solar powered anything.

.........that wouldn't be so bad.

... <_<

... er... what I mean to say (what people would want me to say) is! That is unthinkable! Horrendous! Horrifying! By Zeus's name! O_O XD

... Actually blackouts don't have the same effect as they used to.. anyone remember the New York Black Out? That was awesome. But they did that because New York was going through a Financial Pit at the time... ( ...was it New York? I can't remember )

Sure, we would kill and loot and loot and loot... but I'd say that wouldn't happen as soon as you'd think it would.

...unless of course, when the iPhones are on display... then yes, it'd be the end of the United States of America as we know it. The president would get in on the action!

*ahem*

How about... what if a permanent blackout ensued? I think that would be a better example.

A temporary blackout would only just show how crazy we can get, but how would a permanent affect us? That would show if we could survive! Especially if the cities became too dangerous.

... truth be told, most of us would stay in the city and die.
    Some of us would try to make it out on our own... trying to remember old facts and trying to learn new ones... some of us live, some of us die.
    And few of us would know exactly what to do... a few stay to teach the some, and the other few strike it out on their own.
    And a very small handful of us are already in such a situation and would be threatened by the few and the some, bouncing into their territory!

Now that'd be something.

...I would categorize myself into the "some"... I'm a lover of technology, but I'm not dumb enough to risk my whole life on it...
    I wouldn't know how well I'd do with as little as I know. By a godsend there'd be a "few" within our group.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    .........that wouldn't be so bad.

... <_<

... er... what I mean to say (what people would want me to say) is! That is unthinkable! Horrendous! Horrifying! By Zeus's name! O_O XD

... Actually blackouts don't have the same effect as they used to.. anyone remember the New York Black Out? That was awesome. But they did that because New York was going through a Financial Pit at the time... ( ...was it New York? I can't remember )

Sure, we would kill and loot and loot and loot... but I'd say that wouldn't happen as soon as you'd think it would.

...unless of course, when the iPhones are on display... then yes, it'd be the end of the United States of America as we know it. The president would get in on the action!

*ahem*

How about... what if a permanent blackout ensued? I think that would be a better example.

A temporary blackout would only just show how crazy we can get, but how would a permanent affect us? That would show if we could survive! Especially if the cities became too dangerous.

... truth be told, most of us would stay in the city and die.
    Some of us would try to make it out on our own... trying to remember old facts and trying to learn new ones... some of us live, some of us die.
    And few of us would know exactly what to do... a few stay to teach the some, and the other few strike it out on their own.
    And a very small handful of us are already in such a situation and would be threatened by the few and the some, bouncing into their territory!

Now that'd be something.

...I would categorize myself into the "some"... I'm a lover of technology, but I'm not dumb enough to risk my whole life on it...
    I wouldn't know how well I'd do with as little as I know. By a godsend there'd be a "few" within our group.
    The only flaw with a blackout period, global and permanent, would be the knwoledge of whether or not it would stay that way prmanentally. Now if everyone were to sudenly know for certain that it was, maybe, just maybe, there would be completel destruction and havoc. Other than that, not much would change for a little bit. We wouldn't be able to communicate clearly enough or quick enough to do so.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    The only flaw with a blackout period, global and permanent, would be the knwoledge of whether or not it would stay that way prmanentally. Now if everyone were to sudenly know for certain that it was, maybe, just maybe, there would be completel destruction and havoc. Other than that, not much would change for a little bit. We wouldn't be able to communicate clearly enough or quick enough to do so.
    Conspiracies and rumors can get a better hold of facts. Not everyone will stay calm for long.
    We have to think about this globally as well...

Think of how many warring factions will take this blackout into a tactical consideration...

... I think the US would fall faster than other countries... we're not really as united as we seem. We have a force to keep us under control, but we outnumber them 10,000 to 1... and if enough people in the 10,000 go crazy, chaos isn't too far from reach.
    Not only that, but conspiracy and rumor is what most of us base our lives on.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast