+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are we the movie?

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Lightbulb Are we the movie?

So i was having this conversation with a friend of mine. About the prophesized ending of the world from different religions. And i through in the ol' "Do you think we can stop it from happening, since we were given free will?" He exclaimed why he thought we couldn't, his theory anyway. He said the g-o-d put this together like a movie. We can do whatever we want while he is making it. But once it is finished you can not change it. So no matter how many times you watch a movie, its going to end the same. But then i added, in the King James version of the b-i-b-l-e it says that sin isn't allowed into heaven. So if we still have free will and we go to heaven, we could bring sin into heaven and become like those angels that went to h-e double hockey stix. And then he said that in the b-i-b-l-e it says that
    Mt 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
    Using that verse he said that g-o-d use to be a regular person, but he did what he was supposed to do whatever his g-o-d said. So when his old world ended, he was given his own heaven and earth to rule over and do whatever he wanted with. So when we die, if we did what we were supposed to do whatever that is, our cycle like his will continue.
    Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea...
    And all those stars out there are different g-o-ds with there worlds that were once like us.
    And i was like "wow dude, thats amazing..."
    What are your thoughts on dieing in general? Do you think we just turn into something else? Are we nothing ever again? Are we energy that floats through space and time until we hit a wall and burst into something else?
    Please no flames, play nice.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Are we the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Nympho View Post
    So i was having this conversation with a friend of mine. About the prophesized ending of the world from different religions. And i through in the ol' "Do you think we can stop it from happening, since we were given free will?" He exclaimed why he thought we couldn't, his theory anyway. He said the g-o-d put this together like a movie. We can do whatever we want while he is making it. But once it is finished you can not change it
    Your friend forgot one scripture. The one about not even the angels knowing when then end will come. Humanity, by our very nature will bring it about, yes, but when we finally destroy ourselves is still up to us. If we actually choose to there is no reason we cannot put it off by using our free will but do you honestly think there are enough people who care in the world right now to stop it?

Mind you that wasn't your question was it?

I believe we are intelligences before we are born and continue to be intelligences after we die, that our spirit if you will is eternal.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Nympho (Apr 01, 2009)

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Your friend forgot one scripture. The one about not even the angels knowing when then end will come. Humanity, by our very nature will bring it about, yes, but when we finally destroy ourselves is still up to us. If we actually choose to there is no reason we cannot put it off by using our free will but do you honestly think there are enough people who care in the world right now to stop it?

Mind you that wasn't your question was it?

I believe we are intelligences before we are born and continue to be intelligences after we die, that our spirit if you will is eternal.
    We did discuss the time, and that how "no man know the hour, the season..." And we didnt say we did know what time because we don't. We were discussing our future as a "being" of whatever sort we become if any.

Interesting, i have only heard one person refer to an energy as intelligences when they were looking for the Mothman. It was a psychic who was listening to them in the old military base there. And he said they weren't dead beings there, only intelligence.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I've said this before, but, I think the entire point of the End of the World is that we don't know when it will happen. That's the entire 'judgement part' of it.
    But the movie thing is interesting concept.

Truthfully, I personally don't believe our energy is turned into Godlike beings or stars. (Lion King remenescience)
    But that's just me. But then again, I do believe in ghosts, reincarnation and past lifes..so it isn't that hard to believe.
    And I'm not quite clear about how God was once like man. I just never heard of it, I'm curious though.

Another thing I'm curious about, is the book Revelations credible? at all? I heard somewhere that it isn't ,so i'm confused..

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

everything will end and will begin again. it's a cycle that is endless which gives beginning and end purpose. and as for the title of this thread, the answer is obvious, yes we are. we are in a movie of our own. and as for god in this "picture", god already has done with everything. since god is outside of time and space. i would like you all to ponder in this short story...click here.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku desxms may be famous one day desxms may be famous one day desxms's Avatar
    Thanks

humans will consume their limited sources over the next hundred years. The details of this movie is still up to us. The Gods are still the script writer and editor and the end of the world is the plot we cannot get around. The human story though is how we deal with adversity and pull together in a time of crisis. Some are real heroes. Some have a faltering of the will. We can learn from our sins. Repent! The kingdom of God is nigh!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we are in constant evolution, even unto death. What comes today could dramatically alter our outlook on everything, changing the mind irrevocably, an evolution of sorts.
    The mindset of a person alters constantly, cutting out and adding parts that are believed to hinder survival and happiness,even to the point of shedding human emotion and sentiment, becoming alien in mind.

Death is just another part of evolution in the end. The altering of the soul from purely physical to the purely spiritual in one single dramatic event. I wonder how much shock is involved when you discover that you're now just a dense electromagnetic field disembodied. Even in this state, evolution is possible. Even more so now, with all the electrical systems and information to be had.

Perhaps spirits could assimilate info and energy from simply "touching" machines run on electricity. Maybe, when a spirit's electromag field grows large enough, it could evolve into something far greater than physical or spiritual...........a god perhaps? Maybe that happens when a soul finally puts the pieces of the puzzle together, how many lives it may take, or what the puzzle even was, for that matter.

As for the end of the world...........just another end of an age. Who knows what just might happen? Re emergence of magical energies perhaps? Aliens dropping by and saying hi? RIFTS?
    I actually would welcome an "Apocalypse". The world has been going stagnant for too long and is ready for something MAJOR to happen. Something that utterly smashes established foundations of power, taking down societies and ripping apart civilization......

BUT,IS THERE A GOD THAT'S WRITING ALL OF THIS SHIT LIKE SOME TWISTED PRODUCER??????????

The power of a single thought is enough to create a universe, in my opinion. Maybe we're all gods, with universes and worlds that are the children of our thoughts, writing our scripts like the twisted producers we are..........Maybe I'm just fulla shit and too much coffee........Damn, I need to get high, minna-san.............watashi wa hash majin.......The Weirdness Is Everywhere............and so am I. BZZZZZZZZZZTT!!!! *Static fills the tv screen*

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well, If I know something it would be that the prophesized ending of the world will happen as some signs of the world's ending which are stated in holybooks came true besides nobody actually care about it & about death I see it something everyone will experience & a faith no one can escape, & for the afterlife we can't prove about it a thing, coz you'll never know what'll happen unless you die

+ Reply to Thread