+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are we really inclusive? Yes, no... why?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Are we really inclusive? Yes, no... why?

Well I will start with this:
    "People within a group may be characterized as normal when they conform to the group's values or rules. When individuals meet the social and educationsl expectations of the group, they are considered normal or typical" (Fundamentals of Special Education: What Every Teacher Needs to Know [third edition])
    When I read that definition I asked myself: are we really accepting all people as we say we are? and it didn't matter how many times I thought about it my answer was: NO, we are not...
    And then I asked why? who sets who is normal or who isn't? Who sets what kind of people is "special" or not?
    Then I took it as close as a classroom... when someone has a hard time understanding and asks three times the same question but with different words because she/he does not understand... what is our first reaction? well: OH! he/she is really stupid!!!!
    Well... thinking about it... no, he/she isn't, that person just has a little more trouble understanding than the others... does that make him/her different or even worst... stupid? Now I think no... but because for us it is not "normal" that someone has to be explained three times the same thing we categorize that person as stupid, dumb or whatever term we use... So... we are not as inclusive as we think we are... aren't we?
    What do you think?
    Last edited by lebasiara; Aug 27, 2007 at 06:09 AM.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Are we really inclusive? Yes, no... why?

I'm not sure if you're using the right meaning of inclusive. Could you elaborate?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup I can.
    What I am talking about is inside our schools, places of work and wherever we deal with the called "special people" (yes I didn't explain myself before and I am sorry)
    There are laws and statements that say we are or we are suppose to be inclusive (meaning accept them like we accept "normal" people) with this population.
    Question is: are we really accepting them?
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Does that include the physically and mentally handicapped?

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Well when you think about this none of us really can say that we are,
    what I mean is we tolerate people who are handicapped or we think are stupid
    so I cannot believe that this is a sociaty where we think we are superior to other people.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Human beings are not inclusive. Do you know what crazy people call people who aren't crazy? Normal. They're treated as outcast because people can tell they aren't like them.

Newbie Pentdragon is off to a good start
    Thanks

I say no, and I shun everyone who says yes...

i think more or less what, shodokan said,
    Human beings are parasites (Mr. Smith may have been right), people don't want to be less then everyone else, we want to find something special about ourself that we like. But for it to be special that we have it, someone else has to not have it, for someone to be rich, the majority of people must be poorer then them. By excluding others we become more.

It's human nature, does that make it ok, no, but there isn't a human being in existence that doesn't want to be better at something then average, so on some level it has to exist. Despite the impossibility of irradicating it, we have to fight it all the same, for once it isn't if you win or lose (since you're doomed to lose), but actually how you play the game (in sports though kids, if you lose, they're beat you... ironically, another form of rejection based on performance, but let's not delve too deep into my psyche... it's dark in there...)

+ Reply to Thread