+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: are we using government money wisely?

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation are we using government money wisely?

ok me and my class had a debate on this in civics class and of course i won. yay me.
    my question is are we usingh government wisely or are we being dumb with it?
    i mean if we can go to iraq and spend over 9 billion dollars to fix stuff we broke, why cant we feed the starving kids in africa or use that money to find a cure for aids?
    what are your opinions on this? i think the money the government uses is going to waste. let me know, thanks

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: are we using government money wisely?

hello. hey i'm going to be honest with you. yeah its good that we are feeding people and helping people in over there, but why cant we get somebody over here and help people in america to get a home and get food. and you also have to think about the people that have to pay to much for taxes and people that are working more than one job and dont have any support. and kids that are dieing over here because everybody is worried that if we dont help the other people that we are not going to be friends with them any more. i think if some one was in office that actually knows what they are doing we would not have to suffer with high gas prices and high food cost. and maybe there would be people that can sleep at night not haveing to worry what they where going to feed there kids the next day. the government is being really stupid right now. and you know we could save mony by the prez. bringing the people in 1raq home. we already showed Irag who's boss. why are they still over there? you people need to watch Glen Beck. i agree with every thing he has said so far.
    "... And then, a ray of light pierced the darkness. The light turned into a figure of a person who was followed by a fairy, and also held the spirit of the forest..."

thats great!! thank you!!

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

first of.... is the US gov money... and I dont see how sending money to africa would help the US(but just in case you dont know they are seding kmoney to africa).... ok yeah I think some of the money it being wasted... cuz I mean there are some problems within the US that need the money thats being used in a war thats taking to long to win and thats being sent in orther to help other countries... dont take me wrong I think its great that they are helping other countries... but that money could be used in the country and its being sent to other places.... but I its a new age, ppl expect the leaders of a country to do something over international affairs that sometimes doesnt have to deal with their country... so I guess is hard to control a country's money when ppl expect you to do something about the problems of your country while dealing with problems that go beyond your borders...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I saw a graph that showed that America's spending on military alone could solve poverty, and feed millions. I know nothing really about American politics and governments spending over there, but shouldn't they be trying to help their own country first, solve America's problems? There's got to be people going without dinner some nights. Why doesn't some of the money go towards eliminating poverty in their own country?

Is it true that buses are free in America, but yet hospitals /operations that save peoples lives aren't?
    I don't get that....

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

"Are we using government money?"
    Isn't it the other way around?

Like this:
    Is the government using our money wisely?

Banned Shinobi- may be famous one day Shinobi- may be famous one day Shinobi-'s Avatar
    Thanks

there are alot of things that are going on in the world and even though we are a richer country it will take alot more than what we have to help all the poeple in the world. it will also take the help of the people if we ever want things to change. in africa the people are starving and poor becouse they are keeping them selfs down, all the war a killing prevents them from focusing on growing food, and buliding there economy. sending money would only aid there war, And as for us in the US well i don't know. All i can say is as a country we need to work harder

Newbie Skurei may be famous one day Skurei may be famous one day
    Thanks

The government has a huge debt, so I'd say no.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

the national dept has acctually dropped to sevedral trillion dollars finally, it was almost a hundred trillion at one point.

but what i wanna know is wy the Government cares so much about the state of afairs in africa and iraq right now, if they spent half the moneyt they do there on helping improve the lives of underpriveleged americans then there would be a much lower crime ratio overall.

it's just that the senate is too blind or too stupid or both to understand this.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast