+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weight, Should we take more action?

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

Weight, Should we take more action?

There are so many statments about weight these days, such as:

unhealthy eating.
    SMOKING!!!!
    not enough excersise.

these are just a few of many weight problems, if people don't stop eating smoking and not excersing enough the world will not be able to cope with futre development, kids also these days are weighing around 10stone at the age of 13! my mother is 12 stone and shes bin through life and isn't annerix she just watched her weight!

My argument starts,

Should we take more action toward over weight people?
    The goverment should set up a training programme for people over a certain weight limit, because no one likes to be fat lets face it? If we take action now are future family and relatives will be ready to cope with life, this is a very immportant issue around the world.

My view:

My view is that people should watch their weight and the goverment should set up that programme i was talking about and that we should all do our best to help...

Your views:

As i find this quite a seriouse topic i want people to explain and tell em if they dissagree or agree with my idea...if so why? and if not why? this is the way it's going and we all know it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Dev For This Useful Post:

!This Is Me (Jan 03, 2008)

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Weight, Should we take more action?

We should,but it doesn't matter to some people. Some people are huge and need surgery,but don't get it.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

well i find that pretty disgracful don't you think? being overweight and not giving a care and over weight people actually find it harder to have babies so our race is lowering because of fat people... how pathetic is that, i find it really selfish, please people overweight do something!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I don't' necessarily disagree with your idea, but making some one go on a program if they are over a certain weight is embrassing..these people have feelings as well, they are people like you and me

Plus remember that they made a life stlye choice to get that big in the first place (except for of course genetics, born that way etc etc).

and if we start up a program like this - who's paying for it? taxes? would people like the idea that the money that they are paying are going towards obese people who have no control over their lifestyle choices?

also.. is there any need for a programs like this, when there is already so much information out there? I don't know about where you are, but some governments are already doing a more cost effective way of combating obesity - education. TV here is bombarded with "get fit" campaigns, healthy eating on most programs is very popular and junk food is banned in most schools and in most primary schools they learn alot about eating healthy at home.

Plus, it is easy to get help provided that a person wants help. I personally think for long term success, a person should make the choice to change, not be told to. freedom of choice?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to _gwenibe_ For This Useful Post:

!Mini Dev (Jan 01, 2008)

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok I have a strong view on this topic so I think that I'll express it.
    First a person should be happy and I can guarantee if you sit at home eating yourself fat you're not happy. A person should take great pride in how they allow the outside world to see them. However, I also understand that there are reasons that surpass the norm in these topics and under no circumstance should those people make themselves unhealthy and unhappy to meet the modelesque figures that the media has force fed the general public.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    I don't' necessarily disagree with your idea, but making some one go on a program if they are over a certain weight is embrassing..these people have feelings as well, they are people like you and me

Plus remember that they made a life stlye choice to get that big in the first place (except for of course genetics, born that way etc etc).

and if we start up a program like this - who's paying for it? taxes? would people like the idea that the money that they are paying are going towards obese people who have no control over their lifestyle choices?

also.. is there any need for a programs like this, when there is already so much information out there? I don't know about where you are, but some governments are already doing a more cost effective way of combating obesity - education. TV here is bombarded with "get fit" campaigns, healthy eating on most programs is very popular and junk food is banned in most schools and in most primary schools they learn alot about eating healthy at home.

Plus, it is easy to get help provided that a person wants help. I personally think for long term success, a person should make the choice to change, not be told to. freedom of choice?
    When you talk about programme i mean it in a diffrent sense, like to help people cope with the weight not to emmbarrase them, it isn't like going on t.v or going public to anyone, plus it would also include more jobs for people as weight programmers, and why would people care about taxes? Their being wasted on pointless other things aswell so one more isn't going to hurt is it. Actually thinking about it, this isn't actually a waste of money. This is helping people get over their weight and making people become healthy. Fatness is like a spreading diesease that can be cured, we just choose not to.

Chtonian Slayer Astaroth may be famous one day Astaroth's Avatar
    Thanks

I know that this is going to sound very rude......but when I came to the US I was disgusted by the amount of overweight people in this country compared to mine.........
    And the food....in my opinion is to blame........
    All the junk food in this country........we did not have it back in my home country....we had fresh produce and mean.....I had no idea what chips were until I came here.......
    And when I see the people stuffing their faces with all this nasty food when children and people are starving in other countries....and even in this country.....
    I just feel really sorry for those people that let their weight get out of control.....and that they are not strong enough to fight their obesity and overweight.....
    DO NOT MAKE ME UNLEASH MY INNER DEMON

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Astaroth For This Useful Post:

!Mini Dev (Jan 01, 2008)

Thanks

I so agree, ilive in england and the U.S is a pretty big eating fan country, they are nice people but the legs on them sheesh! this is why we should stop whilst were here! if we go to far this is gonna colapse somemany large people, and amazingly the fruits in the us are cheaper than in england yet england buy more fruit then us do so why the hell do the us not buy much fruit!? I know the majority of you are from america and you probably live healthy but i'm not talking about you i'm talking about the people that struggle to get their clothes on every morning, im talking about the people that refuse to look in the mirror when they get up. This shouldn't happen and it is true that most americans are grossley over weight!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast