+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weight, Should we take more action?

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Weight, Should we take more action?

ahh^^ we're not all fat! while it is true that things have gone far too wrong in this country as far as junk is concerned we are not just that over 50% of the population is against the poor eating habits of some of ourpopulation (although I think it should be higher)

... and join my rebellion against time.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    Should we take more action toward over weight people?
    The goverment should set up a training programme for people over a certain weight limit, because no one likes to be fat lets face it? If we take action now are future family and relatives will be ready to cope with life, this is a very immportant issue around the world.
    Mini dev.. I took this quote. and in reply I said no..I don't think we should tell anyone over a certain weight that they have to go into a program. They should make the choice - not be told by a government. Because that brings in so many different issues with weight loss - not all of it is because some one is stuffing their mouths with food, and everyone is different.

and about taxes..when you think that those taxes could go on other things like, better education or better roads or even creating a better health systems - you do wonder if it's needed to spend money on peoples own lifestyles.

And as for helping people - as I've already said in my first post, there are a zillion other ways for the people to get help - even free help, why would a government need to put more money on it in the first place? Especially when (in some cases) it was a persons choice to become obese in the first place

3. The Following User Says Thank You to _gwenibe_ For This Useful Post:

!Mini Dev (Jan 01, 2008)

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

50% oh no! that is aprox the whole of england being over weight! thats dreadful, this encourages me even more to stop it, you know i may actually take this point further! look out for me on the news everyone!

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Dev View Post
    50% oh no! that is aprox the whole of england being over weight! thats dreadful, this encourages me even more to stop it, you know i may actually take this point further! look out for me on the news everyone!
    ahahah I meant that 50% were opposed to poor eating habits not obeese... ahaha and this is why I love AO (because of comments like this however I think that you do have a good idea if it's tweaked a little.) but I'm sorry I have to agree with gwenbie on taxes being used for better things. There are too many things that are important for the government to waste them on "one more" pointless thing.

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that it is a good idea to have rehabilitations for people morbidly obese. When it comes to morbid obesity I think it should be treated as an addiction. Because if you ever watch these television shows depicting these people and how they describe their reaction when they digest food it sounds just like how a drug addict sounds when they describe the feeling they get when on said drug.

I actually have a very close friend of mine in a situation such as this and she would definitely be considered morbidly obese. She has talked to me about her issue and has tried to go on some diets but she has not put a full blown effort in trying to solve this. It makes me so worried about her because I know about the medical problems that can be caused by obesity and it makes me worry to death over her.

The main reason so many people get overweight in the first place in my opinion is self denial. I believe that overweight people don’t realize the amount of food they eat everyday. Going back to my friend, I remember having a conversation with her one day. She was saying how she couldn’t understand why she was so overweight when she really didn’t eat all that much. I didn’t really say anything but I couldn’t help but thinking that is was so far from the truth that it wasn’t even funny. She has come over to my house and I have gone to hers so I know her eating habits. She is always eating something whether it’s a snack or a full blown meal. Because of this I don’t believe that overweight people make a conscious choice to eat too much. They don’t realize they eat too much.
    Last edited by Priestess Angel; Jan 01, 2008 at 03:26 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Priestess Angel For This Useful Post:

!Mini Dev (Jan 02, 2008)

Thanks

this will seem totally off topic but I promise it's relevant.
    It's only recently that sugar has been excused as being a drug. But in reality sugar does the exact same thing as any drug. It alters the receptors in your mind creating a sense of pleasure. Like a drug it's addicting. Fastfood companies over the entire world have been increasing the ammount of sugars that is contained in their meals and people have been getting addicted to it. Their argument is if it was unhealthy peoples' bodies would reject it like a poison. Howeve, our society has been so overexposed to it that it has developed a sort of imunity to the side effect. My proof is myself. I don't eat junk food I only eat healthy stuff and I monitor what I do eat according to a strict health diet. Once I was invited to McDonalds and it made me sick, the same effect that I'd have if I were to try any drug at the same concetration that we have of sugar. I like food but there is a such thing as too much. Which brings me to another point just putting them on a strict diet excercise program will not help people you'd have to teach them how to prepare and find nutrient dense foods opposed to the garbage that society is poisoning itself with.

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Someone's weight is a poor way to determine the state of their health. According to my height, I sould way somewhere between 12stone 7pounds and 13stone 1pound (?kg's) to be healthy I actually weigh 14 stone 2pounds yet this dosen't take into account my Hefty Size(I'm big built, not big boned) and added muscle (that weighs more than fat) from Rugby and Gym Training. In this case I'm overweight, or undertall. Whatever you prefer

The best way to measure someone's health is by their Body Mass Index that actually measure's the amount of fat on your body.

Banned CTD High Jump Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Kill Time in Your Office Champion, Slow Motion Champion, Moodys Magical Eye Champion, The Fridge Champion, Dangerous Fishing Champion, Panda Golf 2: Christmas Edition Champion, Driving Mad Champion, Head to Head Champion, Super Headers Champion, Penguin Arcade Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Air Dodge Champion, Chopper Chase Champion, F/A-18 Hornet Champion, Snow Boarding Champion, Spaceman Bob`s Great Escape Champion, Space Cowboy Champion, Rons Free Fall Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Black Dragon Champion, Samegame and Champion, Mayan Mask Champion, 42 Games Champion, Cubedelic Champion, Smaugs Schatkist Champion, Python Champion, Thor Towers Champion Mini Dev is off to a good start
    Thanks

However...Your weight E.G is off muscle not fat, therefore your not fat your just muscular, i'm on about the people that really need help, and as far as taxes are concerned it still may be an issue that people may have problems with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast