+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Welfare \ Government Assistance

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Welfare \ Government Assistance

So heres my question: What do you think about the welfare system and people who use it?
    I think its a good system, just too many people abuse it.

Do you think its unfair that some people work hard, while others depend on government assistance?
    No i think it stinks, and the people taking unfair advantage of the system should feel ashamed of themselves.

Do you think lower of people who take advantage of the system, and tax payers money?
    Yes i do. I think they are the lowest of low. Just not right. Ive heard cases where women are on welfare, and living with they're Boyfriend thats making good money. The women then use the extra cash for fur coats and jewelery.

Other bad cases are where the women have more babies to get a bigger welfare check. Then proceed to hardly spend money for the kids, and blow the money on crap.

Do you think that its ok for people to use the help if they really need it?
    Yes if they honestly need it like in your case, then its way ok for me. Welfare is suppose to go to the ppl like you who really need it.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't actually think that the government gives help to enough people. I pay taxes to support the govt. in their efforts to help the public. There should be no hunger or homeless in this country. Hell, raise taxes untill we can get this problem under control. Thats my take.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Well let me start out by saying, I have 2 children and am on welfare....

Now, Im not proud to have to be so needy. But, it seems to be my only means of survival. I always seem to be working through crisis' or horrible depressions (for VERY good reason) that make it difficult for me to find work.

Recently I ran into someone who was very belittling of people on welfare. Infact he made it into a racial issue (which I know is total non-sense). The whole conversation left me feeling low, embarrased, and like an utter statistic.

So heres my question: What do you think about the welfare system and people who use it?

Do you think its unfair that some people work hard, while others depend on gvernment assistance?

Do you think lower of people who take advantage of the system, and tax payers money?

Or do you think that its ok for people to use the help if they really need it?

well Peach
    there should be no need for people to look down on those who need assistance
    it's rediculous and single parents usually always need help
    my mother couldn't keep a job when she had me
    she was only 20 and her family would not help watch me while she was working
    so she had to depend on welfare to get food for me
    and she stayed home watching me and teaching me everything I needed to know and I was able to start school at 4 years old instead of 5

well anyway the point is that some people really do need the help and as long as you are not just being lazy and you're not trying to milk to gov't then everything should be ok
    but those few people who are cheating the system are making everyone else look bad and there should be a way to stop that

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KimiFemi View Post
    well Peach
    there should be no need for people to look down on those who need assistance
    it's rediculous and single parents usually always need help
    my mother couldn't keep a job when she had me
    she was only 20 and her family would not help watch me while she was working
    so she had to depend on welfare to get food for me
    and she stayed home watching me and teaching me everything I needed to know and I was able to start school at 4 years old instead of 5

well anyway the point is that some people really do need the help and as long as you are not just being lazy and you're not trying to milk to gov't then everything should be ok
    but those few people who are cheating the system are making everyone else look bad and there should be a way to stop that
    Thanks....
    Ya'know, just the other day I was thinking how fortunate I am to spend the time with my kids that I do... I missed that when I was a kid, my mom was always working. Not that I think Tax payers should support me so that I can be a stay at home mother... But, it IS nice for them, to know that Im here.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Thanks....
    Ya'know, just the other day I was thinking how fortunate I am to spend the time with my kids that I do... I missed that when I was a kid, my mom was always working. Not that I think Tax payers should support me so that I can be a stay at home mother... But, it IS nice for them, to know that Im here.
    yeah well it's good to enjoy them before they go to school
    they're attitudes will change so much once they're constantly around other kids
    my lil bro is 7 now and he's become such a sarcastic lil brat
    lol I still love him! but he's always getting in trouble cuz of his mouth >.<
    and it's just since he started school
    not to scare you but you should cherish these moments lol

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

well... my family is on social security, and i directly benefitted from that... i was given money since i was a minor at the time, and that money helped me get through school, fixing broken cars, fixing the guest house (a major source of money for my family), fixing the house... basically fixing everything that went to hell over the past 12 years...

We got it cuz my dad had to retire from both his job and the National Guard, both things he loved doing. The government backing we got was a real load off my parent's shoulders and i'm glad they did.

It's good that the government has programs like Welfare and Social Security, but as everyone seems to agree, it can and has and is being abused. However, it is very difficult to stop something like that. I do agree with bringing it back to the local charaties, since localization really makes things like that FOR the people.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    I don't actually think that the government gives help to enough people. I pay taxes to support the govt. in their efforts to help the public. There should be no hunger or homeless in this country. Hell, raise taxes untill we can get this problem under control. Thats my take.
    I'm sure the government tries to get to everyone.....or not, and taxes are fair for now thank you. Some homeless people can get jobs also, well some of them, now homeless kids are another issue there. It might be up to the adult homeless to want help from the government.

People who get on welfare because they are lazy really tick me off. Then they have even more family just to screw it all since they know the government is going to be helping them anyways. The taxpayers have to pay for their lazyness and I mean we do work for our money, well some of us.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2