+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you say about ''emo?'

Newbie xdeath by midnightxx is off to a good start xdeath by midnightxx's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you say about ''emo?'

SO you've heard it everywhere. The typical stereotype:black clothing,dyed hair(black with streaks) sometimes, tightest jeans,and cutting. What are your thoughts? Do you agree that emo's are just cutters? People who are over dramatic? DO you think that they are just trying to get attention? What's your view on how it all started? If you ask me here is what I say. I think that people should be able to live their life how they want to. There is no need for name calling like ''go die ''emo'' kid'' That can hurt feelings, let people be. If someone wants to wear black fine let them do that. We are all humans. I just don't understand why everyone takes the word ''emo'' so serious. People all over the world dress ''emo'' but it's their style and choice. Are you going to put down someone because of their hair color? If they have piercings? We as people are naturally just rude at times, we are not perfect, but there comes a point when you need to stop. Some people dance to a different beat, is that such a big deal? Some of those ''emo's'' have serious issues and need help. They need to be cared for, and your little rude sneers don't help. 'words hurt you know..whether they let you know that or not. I wish there was never ''emo'' because some people freak out over it. Get to know a person, before you judge them on their appearance. A clean-cut person walking down the street could be a serial killer, while a person with snakebites could be the nicest most sweetest person you have ever met. so jut try not to judge..those ''emo'' kinds and think what you say, because it makes a big difference.

put your thoughts on this here, but please don't get too into it. I don't want a big riot if people do respond to this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdeath by midnightxx For This Useful Post:

Angel of Darkness (Dec 26, 2010), kimihiro (Jan 06, 2011)

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you say about ''emo?'

i think people are free to do what they want to do as long as it doesn't break the rules and laws...
    about the emo clothing issues that is just nonsense,i mean i also wears all black sometimes and i also have black hair...black is one of my favourite colours...
    to those people who likes to say bad to others,geez who cares about them,just live your life like you wanted too....

Newbie Nocturne is off to a good start Nocturne's Avatar
    Hidin' in your windows, snatchn' your people up.
    Thanks

It's just a label high schoolers use to "define" themselves.It's just basically the genre of music they listen to and base their clothing style off that genre. I rarely hear that term outside of high school or is usually only said by high school students an younger.
    Labels are so over rated and they're meaningless when they become older.

Orochimaru Fangirl ♥ | MMO Junkie

Newbie xdeath by midnightxx is off to a good start xdeath by midnightxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Good Answer I'm a freshman in High School and labels are a huge thing, but every where else as you said it's not a biggie.

Thanks

Yeha it's sad people care so much about other people these days. And there is nothing wrong with black. All more to the ones who love it. Thanks peeps.

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

Thank you so much for starting this post. There is very little that bothers me as much as the way people attack and rip to pieces anyone who is different. 'Emo' is one of the most ridiculous examples, because it's so meaningless. A lot of people like black clothing, including me. A lot of people like dying their hair interesting colors, including me, and putting piercings in strange and/or interesting parts of their bodies. It's the variety that makes each one of us so special.

As far as the label goes, some people will dress or act a certain way from a desire to fit in with someone, anyone, so they won't be alone. Considering how predatory some high schoolers are, that's not so much to ask. And while some kids may cut themselves to get attention, and others do it because they have no other way of dealing with emotional trauma, either way it's a cry for help. How could anyone think that verbally abusing them will help?

Thank you again for saying something about this.
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

Thanks

that's true. A lot of my friends dress that way, but I have some that don't. People are kind of weary about them and they think they will like kill them or something. They are people, and super nice. SO what's wrong with all that? See you are expressing yourself how you want to and I wish people would respect that with everyone. High School is just a dram filled place sometimes since everyone thinks they can run over people. And I have also heard many times of the kids who cut themselves to just do it. I don't but I do wonder if the ones who get so angry that they do it one time and don't stop after that.is it that big of a addiction? Just like drugs, just taking over us? And like you said the verbal abuse makes it so much worse. It probably makes them feel like ''well I'm worthless, why do I even live another day?'' And what if they ended their life..then the people who loved them would suffer. It's just so sad to hear of kids killing themselves and parents finding some note left behind like ''you don't love me anyways'' if only they could get help. if only someone would ask what was wrong, maybe we could change it. You never ever know when a person has had enough, it's so easy to hide things from some people. plaster a fake smile and laugh, and they believe you, but you have to go deeper than that. I went through a stage where I was so angry and I really did think about suicide and I called my self ''emo'' and then I got over that and went into high school and now I'm better and happy. I am content and I'm so glad I never did that, and I think we all go through things, but I'm just glad I'm over that. Now I just be me and I don't have a label. If people don't like me fine, but I'm not going to be like that and label my own self. So I learned a lot from middle school, and I guess you could say I was lucky. Now I know more and I still have much to learn, but at least I don't want to end my life. And now I try my best to smile at a stranger, or just pass by people I know and talk a while. Because I don't want them to feel like I did. Wow I wrote kind of a lot..but that's okay I like talking

Newbie Angel of Darkness is off to a good start Angel of Darkness's Avatar
    The damp darkness of the forest's heartwoods
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xdeath by midnightxx View Post
    You never ever know when a person has had enough, it's so easy to hide things from some people. plaster a fake smile and laugh, and they believe you, but you have to go deeper than that. I went through a stage where I was so angry and I really did think about suicide and I called my self ''emo''
    Yeah, that happened to me too. There was a long period of time when I wasn't sure whether living or dying would be worse, and considered the ways it could be done. So much suffering and it's completely unnecessary, when all you have to do is reach out to another person and be there for them. It wasn't until someone did that for me that I was able to think, 'Maybe it's okay to be me. Maybe I'm not a worthless human being.'
    Tears are the feelings that a heart can no longer hold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast