+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you think happens to you after you die?

Newbie blackbloodfangs is off to a good start blackbloodfangs's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you think happens to you after you die?

i'd really like 2 go 2 hell but i don't want 2 go to heaven as i am someone who loves fire
    say wat yoo will bt i'd also like to hear wat yoo have 2 say

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

By reading most of ur posts on this thread I see we dont have many religious people, but i am a little different on the subject.

What happens after we die? This is a question that I am sure almost everyone has wondered about at one time or another. Today there are many books on the subject. There are many stories of near death experiences. Many people have come close to death and have had visions of out of body experiences. Some have seen long dead relatives, or have come into a place of bright light and experienced peace. Some also have testified of going to a cold dark place full of torments and burning flames.

Now to be honest with you, I don't believe that everyone who tells of a near death experience is telling the truth, and I also believe that many may have been fooled by the devil----
    "......for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2Corinthians 11:14)

After all, the devil is a fallen angel--visions of angels could have angelic or demonic origins. This is why the Bible warns us not to worship angels----

"Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshiping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind," (Colosians 2:18)

However, I don't doubt that God has given many honest folks visions of heaven and hell, as well as actual experiences of what it is like to approach death. Some of these visions and experiences are personal and some are meant to be testified about to help others understand the reality of the afterlife.

But what should we rely on and trust? How about the words of Jesus in the Holy Bible! Jesus told us exactly what happens to us after we die.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3:16-17).

But on the other hand the hopless believe that after you die there is nothing - no Heaven, no Nirvana, no Paradise and no Hell for that matter. They do not believe in God or human immortality. Death is final...for them of course

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie SnoReaper is off to a good start SnoReaper's Avatar
    Thanks

i think when we die , we get buried and like after 5 years we get dug up and burnt somewhere and we are just forgotten about!!

i really dont believe in heaven and hell! i just think its somethin people are using to make us fear doing bad!! but thats just my way of thinking!!

SnoReaper

out

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

When we die? I was taught in church is that when we die, we go to heaven or hell.

In heaven, you would praise God all day long and never worry about problems and such.

And un hell, well, suffer and burn in the sea of fire.

Newbie Ollin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayu View Post
    When we die? I was taught in church is that when we die, we go to heaven or hell.
    I guess that's where my lack of faith comes from. I went to Sunday school growing up, attended church every week. It was fun, I enjoyed it. But, as I got older and started trying to look deeper into what I was learning, that I began to change my mind.

My problem stems from the fact that, with hundreds of religions around the world, who's to say the one I was learning was the right one. That's when I began to drift away from the church - and I started to claim myself as an agnostic. At this time I still believed that there was something there, but just not the something I had grown up to worship.

My athiestic views started in a few years after that. I started to think more about religion, faith, and it's motivators. When you practice a faith, you're simply believing what you have been told by others, and then others before them, so on and so forth, going back hundreds of years. I don't know how many of you played that one whisper-rumor game in grade school (the one where you whisper a story to a classmate, who then whispers to another, until the final version doesnt even match the original), but events have way of drastically changing the more times they're retold.

It looks like I need proof of some higher power, of a diety, in order to change my ways. I can't have faith, without having proof. But I guess that contradicts the very nature of faith then, huh? It appears I'm doomed to a faithless life, until something inexplicably divine happens to me.

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ollin View Post
    I guess that's where my lack of faith comes from. I went to Sunday school growing up, attended church every week. It was fun, I enjoyed it. But, as I got older and started trying to look deeper into what I was learning, that I began to change my mind.

My problem stems from the fact that, with hundreds of religions around the world, who's to say the one I was learning was the right one. That's when I began to drift away from the church - and I started to claim myself as an agnostic. At this time I still believed that there was something there, but just not the something I had grown up to worship.

My athiestic views started in a few years after that. I started to think more about religion, faith, and it's motivators. When you practice a faith, you're simply believing what you have been told by others, and then others before them, so on and so forth, going back hundreds of years. I don't know how many of you played that one whisper-rumor game in grade school (the one where you whisper a story to a classmate, who then whispers to another, until the final version doesnt even match the original), but events have way of drastically changing the more times they're retold.

It looks like I need proof of some higher power, of a diety, in order to change my ways. I can't have faith, without having proof. But I guess that contradicts the very nature of faith then, huh? It appears I'm doomed to a faithless life, until something inexplicably divine happens to me.
    well actually what you need and many other non believers is a physical view of God. A lot of people simply dont want to believe becuase their way of thinking is, "well if I cant see it, then it must be wrong and not true"

That too me is called ignorance!

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Newbie Ollin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    well actually what you need and many other non believers is a physical view of God. A lot of people simply dont want to believe becuase their way of thinking is, "well if I cant see it, then it must be wrong and not true"

That too me is called ignorance!
    It's not quite that simple. Don't get me wrong, I want to believe in a higher power. I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea that once I'm gone, that's it. I have nothing but respect for those with solid convictions.

Let's try this - I've touched on why I have a lack of faith, why I can't make my head believe what my heart wants to - so why don't you tell me why some of you believe in a higher existence.

Otaku LEtters Champion, PopWord Champion, Alphabet Soup Champion, Baby Destruction Champion bellocanlver is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hm...i think that after life there is another life you have to live, im not really sure that there is a heaven and hell but if i see i can believe it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast