+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What have we become?!!?!??!

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

What have we become?!!?!??!

ok this is a real article adress is Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy

read and tell me what you think this is so beyond stupid

Scientists have begun blurring the line between human and animal by producing chimeras—a hybrid creature that's part human, part animal.

Chinese scientists at the Shanghai Second Medical University in 2003 successfully fused human cells with rabbit eggs. The embryos were reportedly the first human-animal chimeras successfully created. They were allowed to develop for several days in a laboratory dish before the scientists destroyed the embryos to harvest their stem cells.

In Minnesota last year researchers at the Mayo Clinic created pigs with human blood flowing through their bodies.

And at Stanford University in California an experiment might be done later this year to create mice with human brains.

Scientists feel that, the more humanlike the animal, the better research model it makes for testing drugs or possibly growing "spare parts," such as livers, to transplant into humans.
    ------------------
    thats where i end the aricle but this is what i have to say... his is stupid... its very stupid... they are making mice with human brains... ever think if they ahve human brains there gonna be as smart as us???

and at the last part---> Scientists feel that, the more humanlike the animal, the better research model it makes for testing drugs or possibly growing "spare parts," such as livers, to transplant into humans.

if there more human like wouldn't that be a sin? isint that testing on humans? this is beyond stupid... we have gone to far this time... WAYY TO FAR
    Love only if you are willing to hate.

Otaku gigi2005 may be famous one day gigi2005 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: What have we become?!!?!??!

Thise is very cruel and also pretty frytning when you think about it, becose not only are the creating genea pigs for testing drugs and cosmetics bud they can create much more.
    For instense they can make a gorila thats as intelligent as a human and as agresive as bullshark or dogs whit the strengt of a lion, basicly a weapon.
    Also what will the future hold maybe they wil even try to create humans that cant get sick that are perfect atlets and are intelligent, making use normal humans not nesesary.
    What i am saying is that these kind of thing is just dangarus its just an act of humanaty trying to play god.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey I'm all for it, I don't see how this can be anything but beneficial.

@Sasuke is Emo- I thought you were for stem cell research?

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    Hey I'm all for it, I don't see how this can be anything but beneficial.

@Sasuke is Emo- I thought you were for stem cell research?
    this is dif... this is giveng animals hman things... stem cells are ok... they come from embroys that had no chance but god made it so that animals and humans were different we cant just mixx em up... i dont think that this kind of stem cell reaserch is ok...
    Love only if you are willing to hate.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not? We already manipulate the Earth as we see fit, so why play at "Morals" now? Just because of a few "Guilt-nuts" are frightened of Man's true potential, that they see fit to tell everyone else not to do things "because they're BAAAAAAD". I'm sick of everyone letting the morons control everything. We need some actual smart ppl in charge, then we can continue our evolution. All I know is, it's gonna be through "Un-natural" means......
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Newbie foolscapdaily is off to a good start foolscapdaily's Avatar
    Thanks

Missing teeth

In 2004, scientists at King's College London discovered a way to cultivate a complete tooth in mice and were able to grow them stand-alone in the laboratory. Researchers are confident that this technology can be used to grow live teeth in human patients.

In theory, stem cells taken from the patient could be coaxed in the lab into turning into a tooth bud which, when implanted in the gums, will give rise to a new tooth, which would be expected to take two months to grow. It will fuse with the jawbone and release chemicals that encourage nerves and blood vessels to connect with it. The process is similar to what happens when humans grow their original adult teeth.

It's estimated that it may take until 2009 before the technology is widely available to the general public, but the genetic research scientist behind the technique, Professor Paul Sharpe of King's College, estimates the method could be ready to test on patients by 2007. His startup company, Odontis, fully expects to offer tooth replacement therapy by the end of the decade.

In 2005, Cryopraxis a stem cell bank in Brazil, collected baby tooth stem cells and harvested different types of differentiated cell types including neurons. This technology may one day make baby tooth a good source of stem cells
    ------------------------------------------
    if they can do things like this i don't think stem cell research will stop.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Is Emo View Post
    yes and your a freek of nature... go put a humans brain in a mouses head...
    I think that you shouldn't say in the first place, its his opinion after all.

Well, if all these experiments are for our own good, then let them continue doing it. However, if it is to do bad deeds, then they should stop those experiments.

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

That's pretty crazy. Chimera's ehh?... reminds me of FMA... I just feel that we have no need to be doing anything like this. Just to have better study results? I think we are doing fine now with study results. You see the more medicine and antidotes we make the more worse the next sickness gets. So making lab rats better study material if they have human traits is stupid because that's not going to do the world any good but worse. Nobody learns from history do they?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast