Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes a person gay or lesbian?

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What makes a person gay or lesbian?

men are very shallow minded. Thats a fact. Men are fine with woman on woman cause we are very keen to see a hot chick on a hot chick if they were both below average ( not that affects me) they would not be interested. However the moment men get even the hint of man on man the bolt or curse those people. It shows how sick we are as humans for hating people interested in the same sex. Oh and LittleHobbit13 I like how you described that. Very nice

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

Newbie Shifter may be famous one day Shifter may be famous one day Shifter's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHobbit13
    There were originally 3 sexes. One was a man and a man stuck back to back, one was a woman and woman stuck back to back, and the 3rd was a man and a woman stuck back to back. One day, the people angered Zeus, and so to weaken them, he split them in half and scattered them. The halves felt lonely and incomplete, so they began to search for their other halves.

And that's the story of why some men love men, some women love women, and some men love women and vice versa, and why we all search for the perfect love.

I've heard that story before, but not with the men+men and woman+woman part, so that's new. It's not just from a greek myth though, it's older than that. I read it on a site disscusing whether there is some sort of after life, etc. 'Twas very trippy...

[I've moved part of this post to the gay marrige board, it fit's better there]

It's a pretty logical frame of mind when you think about it, eg male, since women are such "difficult" beings to "figure out". Why not go for a more accepting crowd of those the same as yourself xP ... (I dont think what i just said makes sense @_@ )

Being gay isnt a "disease" that we can "cure" people of, it's been around since man began, even certain animal societies have gays... So it's not going away anywhere fast, accept it or dont, your choice, just dont attack people for or against it.
    Last edited by Shifter; Mar 30, 2006 at 12:26 AM.

Forever and a day - Part 2

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

yea there are far worse things being done out there and people make a huge deal of mens/womans choices to be gay/lesbian. It is such a small thing that it should not matter

Thanks alot Sasurihell and Kedar for the sigs and thanks Sammy 65 for the changing pics
    http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1...icsclanhf5.gif[x/img]
    (just remove the "x" from the [x/img] tag!

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

What makes a person gay? I just watched a program last night (I think, or was it the other night.....)

Anyway, they said that a guy is more likely to turn out gay the more older brothers they have, because of the genes and other scientific terms that I didnt quite catch...... and they say it only applies if the guy is righthanded XD

As for my view........ I think it really depends on the person's choice. God didnt create a gay or lesbian, He only made people to be male or female. Although I cant blame people who turn gay in the society nowadays, seeing as it is so openly promoted in some places.
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

U see i think that nobody can know for sure why the gay/lesbian ppl are in society and that is maybe a phenomenon that we will have and discuss but never realy have a certain explanation for the truth of why ppl do that.
    I think it still come down in % off what choices u make or maybe what choices your parent make for u that influence the outcome of u as a person in the end.
    U see the fact that it so open in society today makes that is is widely excepted and it automaticly becomes one of the choices when ppl get to the age of experiencing Love.
    This is actually a very funny and weird subject because if u look at nature for example there is no Gay/lesbian action going on their so i don't realy understand why we have it.
    So ya whatever nobody can prove a thing why it is happeing or predict to whom it will happen i am just glad i am like this and that is the way i am happy with myself.

LOL

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chan
    i know that some creepy crawlies type species that have no gendre, they change sex for pro creation purpous. But human have only 2 gendres male and female. Isn't homosexuality kinda just a lust feeling?
    Well, this is probably coming a bit late, but first off, genetically, humans have something like five genders. There's the normal, XX XY pairs, and there's XXX XYY XXY as well, which are anomalies. Not to mention that due to birth complications, infants can be born with both male and female sexual organs, which complicates matters somewhat. Not that it has much bearing on the discussion at hand, just a little info.

I haven't studied it in depth, but recent studies do seem to show that homosexuality is probably genetic. I don't know the specifics, to be honest. However, having a few gay friends it definitely makes sense to me. If being homosexual were simply a behavioral thing, I don't think any gay person would ever come out of the closet. In fact, there is so potent a negative stigma attached to it, I don't think there would be homosexuals at all. All of my gay friends had girlfriends and heterosexual relationships before coming out. Does that mean they were heterosexual at the time? No. It means, as they would tell you, they were trying to appear normal so as to avoid being ostracized by their family and friends.

Now let's attach the reasons many think homosexuality is wrong to a hypothetical heterosexual couple. Many religions believe that sex for pleasure is wrong, and that marriage is not only a sacred binding of love and loyalty, but also a means of propogation. Now let us say that one of the two in our heterosexual couple is infertile, absolutely unable under any circumstance to bear children. Would we say that they could not be in love? Would we say that they could not get married? Were they to get married, would we say that they having sexual relations at any point would be sinful and wrong? Of course we wouldn't, and it happens.

I don't believe that being homosexual has anything to do with choice, thus I don't believe it is wrong. I don't believe homosexuals are any more or less lustful than their heterosexual counterparts. In a nutshell, homosexuals are normal. This isn't something new. In fact, in medaevil times there was a religion that believed homosexual intercourse was less sinful than heterosexual. As I said, it's normal, it's natural, and it happens in every mammal species on the planet.

On a little side note, research also seems to show that men have a kind of mental gag reflex to seeing male homosexuality, to which I am no exception. So even though I have gay friends, it makes me actually physically uncomfortable to be around them when they're doing something as benign as kissing. In light of this, I'm even more inclined to say that it's genetic, as I can't even imagine making that "choice" which they obviously don't have a problem with. Food for thought.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

it's their own decision to be gay or lesbian.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan may be famous one day Patrick Chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Look what I found:

GAY AND LESBIAN ADOLESCENTS
    No. 63 (Revised November 2005)
    Growing up is a demanding and challenging task for every adolescent. One important aspect is forming one's sexual identity. All children explore and experiment sexually as part of normal development. This sexual behavior may be with members of the same or opposite sex. For many adolescents, thinking about and/or experimenting with people of the same sex may cause concerns and anxiety regarding their sexual orientation. For others, even thoughts or fantasies may cause anxiety. These feelings and behavior do not necessarily mean an individual is homosexual or bisexual.

Homosexuality is the persistent sexual and emotional attraction to someone of the same sex. It is part of the range of sexual expression. Homosexuality has existed throughout history and across cultures. Many gay, lesbian and bisexual individuals first become aware of and experience their sexual thoughts and feelings during childhood and adolescence. Recent changes in society's attitude toward sexuality have helped gay, lesbian, and bisexual teens feel more comfortable with their sexual orientation. In other aspects of their development, they are similar to heterosexual youngsters. They experience the same kinds of stress, struggles, and tasks during adolescence.

Parents need to clearly understand that sexual orientation is not a mental disorder. The cause(s) of homosexuality or bisexuality are not fully understood. However, a person's sexual orientation is not a matter of choice. In other words, individuals have no more choice about being homosexual or bisexual than heterosexual. All teenagers do have a choice about their expression of sexual behaviors and lifestyle, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Despite increased knowledge and information, gay, lesbian and bisexual teens still have many concerns. These include:

feeling different from peers;
    feeling guilty about their sexual orientation;
    worrying about the response from their families and loved ones;
    being teased and ridiculed by their peers;
    worrying about AIDS, HIV infection, and other sexually transmitted diseases;
    fearing discrimination when joining clubs, sports, seeking admission to college, and finding employment;
    being rejected and harassed by others.
    Gay, lesbian, and bisexual teens can become socially isolated, withdraw from activities and friends, have trouble concentrating, and develop low self-esteem. Some may develop depression and think about suicide or attempt it. Parents and others need to be alert to these signs of distress because recent studies show that gay, lesbian and bisexual youth account for a significant number of deaths by suicide during adolescence.

It is important for parents to understand their teen's sexual orientation and to provide emotional support. Parents may have difficulty accepting their teen's sexuality for some of the same reasons that the youngster wants to keep it secret. Gay, lesbian or bisexual adolescents should be allowed to decide when and to whom to disclose their homosexuality. Telling a person’s sexuality before they are ready is called “outing” and can be traumatic. Parents and other family members may gain understanding and support from organizations such as Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG).

Counseling may be helpful for teens who are uncomfortable with their sexual orientation or uncertain about how to express it. They may benefit from support and the opportunity to clarify their feelings. Therapy may also help the teen adjust to personal, family, and school-related issues or conflicts that emerge. Therapy directed specifically at changing sexual orientation is not recommended and may be harmful for an unwilling teen. It may create more confusion and anxiety by reinforcing the negative thoughts and emotions with which the youngster is already struggling.

http://www.aacap.org/publications/factsfam/63.htm

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast