+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is maturity?

Community Dude Asteroids Champion dude101 may be famous one day dude101 may be famous one day dude101's Avatar
    Thanks

Question What is maturity?

This might to some ppl be a simple question.
    But what is maturity in the sense of metal capability and decisions?
    How do you define it?
    What attribute contribute to maturity and vis versa?

My aspect of it, is that many people consider themselves mature in many regards, however i see that many ppl think that doin the right thing is being mature and to me this is couldn't be further from the truth. Also many ppl say that i am very mature for my consider age. Also many ppl consider themselves as being mature, but thinking that you are mature proof proves that you are immature. Cause when i reflect when i was younger i believed that i was very mature, but now that i look back on it, i see how immature i really was.

Anyway, what is your opinion on being mature? Do you become more mature with age or is it like a skill that need to be developed?

I'm looking forward on ppl view about this topic.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 04, 2006 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Spelling

Newbie Kai_Blackwolf may be famous one day Kai_Blackwolf may be famous one day Kai_Blackwolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What is maturity?

Maturity isn’t a simple question, like I said in the forum about good and bad deeds; it depends on your view. You friends might think you are immature because you laugh at stupid, "childish" jokes. I got called immature because I watch yugioh, they think it’s immature, whereas I think the series is cool. It’s all up to what people think, there isn’t an overall childishness that can describe people. Like I say that my brother is a child because he is 19 but he still buys figurines because he thinks they look cool, I don’t exactly mean that he is childish, I am only referring to the fact that he should have gotten over it by now, but he hasn’t because its one of the things he likes, and when you accept that, you don’t see maturity you just see what a person is like.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 04, 2006 at 11:25 AM.
    Blackness covers all I see and all I touch. No feeling of pain, just sorrow. My hand loses grip of the sword I held. And I turn to become a true shadow.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

I think maturity is more on judgment and actions, age really
    Has nothing to do with it.
    Example, an 18 year old wants to marry a 25 year old to some it seam’s
    Immature. The 18 year old hasn’t lived long enough or has no idea
    What love really is, because there 18 and immature. Still some might even
    Say that the 25 year old is just taking advantage of her just because
    He knows how to manipulates words and make her think she loves him.

That’s immature to think that because there both mature in there thinking
    And the fact she would say no of she knew it wasn’t.

Anyway maturity is not about the age it’s more about the mind set
    And how you’re raised
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 04, 2006 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Spelling
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Maturity, At least the way I see it, is the combination of a few things. First, everything we are taught from the time we learned to walk talk and use the "potty" until now, and Second, the culmination of all our life experiences.

Somepeople live harder lives the others, which is why someone who is only 18 years old acts like someone almost twice their age, or someone who has a relatively easy life can be naive and immature for being 30.

When it comes down too it, its just the circumstances in which the person lives, and maturity can only be gained through experience.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Maturity comes with your way of seeing life, but also with age.

Watch the movie "Prime", a 2005 movie shows this when it comes to age. (A career driven professional from Manhattan (Thurman) who is wooed by a young painter, who also happens to be the son of her psychoanalyst (Streep).) It may not apply to many, but it does show that in life you have to live your things before you can truly see what life is. Having fun, pleasing your senses, looking for who you are and once you've found an answer, if your careful, it can grow and offer you lots of expeirence in maturity.

For personal maturity, you have to think about your actions and find a point of comparison, to see if what your doing is appropriate. Not necessairy right or wrong, but best for a given situation. I have been told that I have more maturity than some as when I give it out my point of view I often think a lot before answering. Yes sometimes I jump on an occasion without thinking and that could be considered imaturity, but without some action in life, could you really call an existance that truly exists? A life is full of everything, if not, unanswered questions will remain...though some things I think are best left unanswered...

But I'm too curious, I'll ask questions if I'm not ready to try something and well, I'm still young, life is still only as great as you make it out :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks

for me maturity in mental sense is the wise to act and response about a event or stimulant.

let me explain briefly..
    a person can be said mature in mentality when he/she can decide what act will be take to response any event that he/she face.
    thinking wisely, not too hasty, and can control his/her self.
    this can be achieved when we know the concept of the event that we face, additionally we can be more wise if we have experience something(s).. such win and lose >>>how to act when we are the winner,hurted and hurts >>> thinking twice to hurt others, etc.
    hope this can help. (^_^)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dude101 View Post
    this might to some ppl be a simple question.
    but what is maturity in the sense of metal capability and decisions?
    how do u define it?
    What attribute contribute to maturity and vis versa?
    When I was younger I thought maturity was acting old for your age. Then as I became older others told me it was experience and knowledge of the world. Now I know we were both wrong.

Maturity is very simple and yet infinitately misunderstood. I know just as many immature adults as I do children. It involves characteristics that are unpopular today in modern society just as they have been unpopular in any society that focuses on personal pleasures over selflessness.

Maturity is quite simply responsibility and respect. Being the kind of person that takes responsibility for your life; your actions, words, and thoughts. Even more then this it is recognizing that others are responsible for their own actions, words, and thoughts and according those actions, words, and thoughts the same respect that you want others to give to yours. To have respect for yourself and others even when they do not respect you and/or themselves.

You can have never left your hometown or had any of the experiences most people consider essential and be very mature just as you can travel the world your entire life, be familiar with multiple cultures, and lived life "to the fullest" and be extreamly immature. The choice is entirely up to you.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Maturity to me is a type of good wisdom and responsibility, like you know most things that are either right or wrong and can choose to do the right thing even when you want to do bad.

Maturity comes with life, unless you are treated badly I would say. Maturity is a strong tool that you can use in any day scenarios and it can be both good and bad but you always know that you did the right thing.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast