+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What type of government do you like the most?

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: What government do you like the most?((serious discussion))

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Emgency Services is better , if you ask me, at least you learn something
    Emergency services? I have never heard of that before, it's not really a government is it, is it just a group? I'll have to read up on that one.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What type of government do you like the most?

It's a branch the us goverment , in the event of a national emergency
    such as natural; disaters and terrorist emergencies, radioloical inccodents.

Thanks

It's a branch the us goverment , in the event of a national emergency
    such as natural; disaters and terrorist emergencies, radioloical inccodents.
    That's not really a government though, so your a bit off topic, but at least i learned something new today =\

Up until today, i had never heard of them.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

It was Civil Defense back than man.
    and as for Goverment it's really hard to say what is your favorite part with B.S they talk about at times.

Thanks

It was Civil Defense back than man.
    and as for Goverment it's really hard to say what is your favorite part with B.S they talk about at times.
    It was just civil defense, i see.
    Well, since you like that group, that must mean your for democracy, since it's part of democracy.

Thanks

Yep , nothing like speaking your mind, and putting your foot down .

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

No mention of Communism? Granted, much like Anarchy, it's a brilliant idea that would only work in an ideal world which likely won't ever exist, but still, I'm ever intrigued by the concept.

Oligarchy, well, that's the government that caused the eventual downfall of Hannibal Barca whom I'm ever the fanboy of, so I could never say it's good.

Democracy..well "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried"(My quick google search reveals that Churchill said that..I think) My general observations on Democracy have been that a minority government accomplishes nothing, because the opposition opposes everything, and a majority government can do whatever it wants, thus eliminating the purpose. I don't pay too much attention to modern politics, but that's my general opinion of the matter.(Coming from a Canadian perspective)

Dictatorship probably has its uses, but isn't in any way an ideal form of peacetime government.(If we are talking Police State)

Monarchy ultimately does good or terrible depending on the person. I think it usually fails when the rule is left to an unfit son or daughter. However, I think my personal preference in terms of government lies in with Nerva's idea of leaving rule to the most fit ruler. I mean, that resulted in The 5 Good Emperors, and that way of doing it keeps all the Neros and Caligulas from power, which is undoubtedly a good thing.

Theocracy- No...just...no.

Plutocracy- No...just...no.

So basically, I think I'd prefer Nerva's form of Monarchy as a premium government. Of course, maybe there's a better solution that hasn't been thought of yet, so there is always that possibility as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    No mention of Communism? Granted, much like Anarchy, it's a brilliant idea that would only work in an ideal world which likely won't ever exist, but still, I'm ever intrigued by the concept.

Oligarchy, well, that's the government that caused the eventual downfall of Hannibal Barca whom I'm ever the fanboy of, so I could never say it's good.

Democracy..well "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried"(My quick google search reveals that Churchill said that..I think) My general observations on Democracy have been that a minority government accomplishes nothing, because the opposition opposes everything, and a majority government can do whatever it wants, thus eliminating the purpose. I don't pay too much attention to modern politics, but that's my general opinion of the matter.(Coming from a Canadian perspective)

Dictatorship probably has its uses, but isn't in any way an ideal form of peacetime government.(If we are talking Police State)

Monarchy ultimately does good or terrible depending on the person. I think it usually fails when the rule is left to an unfit son or daughter. However, I think my personal preference in terms of government lies in with Nerva's idea of leaving rule to the most fit ruler. I mean, that resulted in The 5 Good Emperors, and that way of doing it keeps all the Neros and Caligulas from power, which is undoubtedly a good thing.

Theocracy- No...just...no.

Plutocracy- No...just...no.

So basically, I think I'd prefer Nerva's form of Monarchy as a premium government. Of course, maybe there's a better solution that hasn't been thought of yet, so there is always that possibility as well.
    Monarchies are good and bad depending on who the leader is, like you said, because sometimes like in history you get leaders who has sons/daughters that are total nutjobs. So that's were it's bad.

I guess i must have forgot communism On the list, sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast