+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What type of government do you like the most?

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What type of government do you like the most?

I would say Democracy, the people of the country has the power, because the people is the one that decides what they want for their country and waht they expect from the leader of that country... and the leader (president) will look up to at least accomplish most of what the people ask and most of the time the president will look up for the best of the country and not so much for himself... knowing as well that if the people is not happy he can loose his power.
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Newbie shaktidarrel27 is off to a good start shaktidarrel27's Avatar
    in a place where all our dreams are made from...
    Thanks

I go for democracy.. a government should always be for the people and by the people... why do we have a government? it is because Men wanted to have one..they wanted people who will lead them to a peaceful society.. Democracy would be better if people cooperate... the only threat for this kind of government is the apathy or the lack of trust of people...

My Jemhie... is my strength.. the only reason why I'm Still standing strong...

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

There are problems with Democracy though.

For example:

There are 15 people living and voting in a city.
    There are 5 people living and voting in a rural area.

I guarentee you the rural areas will get shafted in votes every time. Does that mean what the city folk vote for is better, and truly in the interest of all the people? Well, perhaps its really just in the interest of the city folk, and since they are the majority, they get what they want. Not cool.

Edit: I remembered a quote from a while back, I can't seem to remember who said it, but ah well, I suppose just the quote will have to do. "I reject any form of government in which the opinion of the village idiot is given the same weight as the opinion of Aristotle". Thoughts?
    Last edited by Luminous; Feb 03, 2008 at 02:03 PM.

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Why have goverment at all, this world has it rule by the people and for the people. But the goverments limit that, why do some people get to say what our rules are and some can not?
    death and life are one and the same

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    Why have goverment at all, this world has it rule by the people and for the people. But the goverments limit that, why do some people get to say what our rules are and some can not?
    I don't have much time to explain what I'm about to say to you, but...

your an idiot.

-sai.

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

mm i dont know i have to say i dont really like democracy only cause i dont like how the US has been lately.
    but i have to say it is the best there is other than comunism of course all and everynation would have to be apart of it to be able to function properly.
    so yea democracy would have to the next one in line

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku Saionji is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    mm i dont know i have to say i dont really like democracy only cause i dont like how the US has been lately.
    but i have to say it is the best there is other than comunism of course all and everynation would have to be apart of it to be able to function properly.
    so yea democracy would have to the next one in line
    How is communism Second on your list, explain why you think it's so great...?

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

I think our opinions have been rather scewed on Communism by the fact that the few examples of it actually occuring more resemble a dictatorship than anything else. Ideally, the garbage man getting payed the same as the doctor is a great idea, and it would eliminate the constant rich-poor contrast that occurs in capitalist societies. I think books like Animal Farm demonstrate how a good communism could run(Err...before the leaders go corrupt with power and all..).

Then again, individual profit drives forth most technological innovation, and generally proves more efficient.

Sort of related, but I've been thinking about the population problem in China lately. Whilst a more authoritative government uses a one-child policy in an attempt to stem the problem, I keep wondering how it is a Democracy would cope with such a conflict. I'm really just thinking out loud here though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast