+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

I think if our country elected a black president... we would have a black president.

Obviously if he won the election, we're "ready" for it... once he's won, I don't see how he'd be any different than any other president.

Otaku Kairu is off to a good start Kairu's Avatar
    Thanks

I do not think there would be much issue with a black president. Anything has got to be better than what we had. Personally, I would vote for black president, just for something new. It would be nice to quit getting these old white men who all think alike.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kairu For This Useful Post:

kurapika (Jan 04, 2008)

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate to break it to you but you need to brush up on your presidential history. There is a huge gap between the president who gave the united states a name accepted by the world and a seat on the united nations and you shouldn't even dare compare them to the modern day puppets that are elected into office. I am not against having a "black" (who cares what color you call them they're still people) person as president I just want it to be someone with a little intelligence and backbone and a person who isn't going to send the entire world to hell in a handbasket. (am I allowed to say that? I didn't see any rules against it and i read them three or four times.)

... and join my rebellion against time.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I think if our country elected a black president... we would have a black president.

Obviously if he won the election, we're "ready" for it... once he's won, I don't see how he'd be any different than any other president.
    Not with a electoral vote system. If Obama were to win the same way President Bush won in 2000 what would that mean then? I think it's time though, considering how some other countries have already had their first female leader. If Obama does indeed become our president, I would say his bodyguards would have to work twice as hard. Honestly, everyone knows that in certain states they are still pretty behind in terms of race.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

that's so true and yet so stupid I mean like I said before people are people you can't excuse them of that. Any person male or female black or white is capable of being intelligent and therefore a good president. However that's the one flaw with the human race... we divide ourselves

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i imagine for the first year everyone would make a big deal about it, and then the rest of the time he would be scrutinized and disected for everything little thing he says. Down to the placing of his commas and how loud he coughs! he would have to be beyond perfect in every way, and even then, people would say he's doing a horrible job...

why? well, number one, being the first at almost anything sucks ass and, number two, he's the president... taking sh!t from the people who didn't elect you/people who did elect you but don't like where it's going will have a problem with you...

will i vote for him? no, but that's becuz i'm more republican and i like Clinton better...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    i imagine for the first year everyone would make a big deal about it, and then the rest of the time he would be scrutinized and disected for everything little thing he says. Down to the placing of his commas and how loud he coughs! he would have to be beyond perfect in every way, and even then, people would say he's doing a horrible job...

why? well, number one, being the first at almost anything sucks ass and, number two, he's the president... taking sh!t from the people who didn't elect you/people who did elect you but don't like where it's going will have a problem with you...

will i vote for him? no, but that's becuz i'm more republican and i like Clinton better...
    meh I think that whoever is elected will have to win by a landslide or risk being assasinated regardless of who it is at this point... Bush really turned the view on american presidents in a bad way... so best of luck to both because I think they could both do a super job at changing the states for the better...
    Last edited by Corvus; Jan 06, 2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: stupidity

Newbie WhiteWave14 is off to a good start WhiteWave14's Avatar
    Under your BED! OMNOMNOM *eats your toes*
    Thanks

I'd be overjoyed, I think it's time for our state to finally have one, try him out for size as for what I'm saying.

Sounds a bit mean doesn't it? ^^;;; well I just don't think that we're ready for a woman president, not yet anyways, sometime in the future but just not now. I have to agree with Astaroth.

But what goes, goes. ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast