+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

IMO your ready for black or women president the moment you allow them to become politicians. Why would they be any different than current white men president? Well that's the view of an outsider any way. I would actually love to see clinton get in for the fact that we finally see women in that sort of a role. But I can only hope that the people of America vote for who they think would best lead their country into the future - not on the fact that a person is black or a women, because really that shouldn't even be taken into consideration (though you can bet there are people out there that vote like that..)

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I think if our country elected a black president... we would have a black president.

Obviously if he won the election, we're "ready" for it... once he's won, I don't see how he'd be any different than any other president.
    That's half-true.

Yeah, if we got a black president, then that's what we would have; like you said. But that doesn't prove that our country is "ready" for a black president. I'm mixed so I can see it from both perspectives. Yeah, black people would be making a MAJOR step; a step that I'm all for.

But you gotta take in to consideration the amount of racist white people we have in this country that would throw a huge fit over us having a black president. I can see some assassination attempts in the future (You know the KKK won't take that sh*t lightly). They'll probably fail, and we'd still have a black president (who'll kick ass in office!), but I don't think that having one means that the country's ready for one.

I am though!

Newbie jrjtm7850 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P.R. Princes View Post
    i have to i think its possible but if it were to happen i think there would be problems.
    cause the rasist wouldn't like being run by a black man.

and as for a women i dont thnk any women is suited for being able to rule over so many people. I have my resons and i am women my self so yea.
    Why is it that you think that woman wouldn't be able to rule that many people? Is a woman not as cunning as a man to rule the country. The US has been run by men, supposedly, behind EVERY good president is a EXCELLENT first lady. For example, Elenore Roosevelt ran the country for her husband half way through his presidency. It was kept behind closed doors, yes, but it doesn't change the fact.

Newbie jrjtm7850 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cantsenditback View Post
    What is the worst thing that could happen when a black persident is elected. most of the damage is done alreay. like the war and other stuff.Does colour really matter when electing for a president or a leader in this world.
    Sadly, yes. Race, color, and creed always plays a factor in mostly everything, especially the President of the United States. Racism is still a notorious factor that accompanies many people in the world. A lot of racist people will not be apt. to have a Black President or even a woman.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe history will repeat itself. African Americans got the right to vote before females did if I remember correctly. Looks like it'll be the same for the presidential carousel, guess the females got to wait. Jokes aside, no one should take Barack Obama lightly. To most he is a breath of fresh air:

- An African American who had a "white" upbringing.
    - He may not be able to play the saxophone on television like Bill Clinton, but he already has opened Saturday Night Live once.
    - Openly admitted to doing weed when he was younger, as opposed to this one guy who was caught with his pants down in the airport and still had an excuse for it.
    - He got Oprah supporting him, which means nothing to me but probably does to a lot of females.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Aleister Sithis is off to a good start Aleister Sithis's Avatar
    Thanks

To me, it wouldn't matter. If he won (Or she, why not a black female?) that proves he worthy of the title and place. And as for racists and sexists...ehh they don't overly matter to me, but I also find it hypocritical to hate racists and sexists. But alas some people would probably make some big issue over it, walking around towns with their signs saying stuff. Then...BAM...assassinations at night by the Secret Service (That'd be cool....atleast to me). Who knows we may even get to see yet another Preident Assassinatin, that'd be something.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted — nevermore!"

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Maybe history will repeat itself. African Americans got the right to vote before females did if I remember correctly. Looks like it'll be the same for the presidential carousel, guess the females got to wait. Jokes aside, no one should take Barack Obama lightly. To most he is a breath of fresh air:

- An African American who had a "white" upbringing.
    - He may not be able to play the saxophone on television like Bill Clinton, but he already has opened Saturday Night Live once.
    - Openly admitted to doing weed when he was younger, as opposed to this one guy who was caught with his pants down in the airport and still had an excuse for it.
    - He got Oprah supporting him, which means nothing to me but probably does to a lot of females.
    Actually females had voting rights long before black people did.

Aug. 26, 1920
    The 19th Amendment to the Constitution, granting women the right to vote, is signed into law by Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby.
    Women's Rights Movement in the U.S.: Timeline

Which was decades before this:

1965 -- Voting Rights Act of 1965 prohibits literacy tests and poll taxes which had been used to prevent blacks from voting. According to a report of the Bureau of the Census from 1982, in 1960 there were 22,000 African-Americans registered to vote in Mississippi, but in 1966 the number had risen to 175,000. Alabama went from 66,000 African-American registered voters in 1960 to 250,000 in 1966. South Carolina's African-American registered voters went from 58,000 to 191,000 in the same time period.
    Timeline of the American Civil Rights Movement

Either way, I feel like both sides deserve thier piece of the pie.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think white men are going to vote for a black person or a woman. I just don't see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast