+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 47

Thread: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

  1. #25
    Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    5,477
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 172 Times in 147 Posts

    Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I don't think white men are going to vote for a black person or a woman. I just don't see it.
    But doesn't Obama's win in conservative and religious Iowa proves that this statement is false???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

  2. #26
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

    But doesn't Obama's win in conservative and religious Iowa proves that this statement is false???
    It sure does! ^_^

    But I'm sure that there are still a bunch of racist white men--and women--who don't feel the same way as Iowa does. I'm certain that there'll have to be another recount in the south if Obama makes presidential candidate. Simply because blacks will DEFINITELY vote for him, as opposed to racist, confederate flag wavin' whites voting republican just to save face.


  3. #27
    Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Posts
    641
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

    Well, I think it would be great to have a Black president, or woman for that matter, how you said the question i think you could have refraised it a bit though. like say something like: "How do you feel about having a black president" Or something on those lines. Quite frankly It could be taken the worng way and to some people it could be cosidered as racist. but on ther other hand I would think it would be great if Obama won, not because he's black but because he is a good speaker, and has great organization.
    scince i am on this subject the things i have heard a bout Hilary are that she is loosing most of her votes because people see it as just another way to get Bill back in office.
    But because this contry doesent take change too well so if we were left with the two options of Barack and Hilary, what would we end up with? See barack would make history because he's black, but hillary would make it too because she is a woman. It really is a democratic year this year, At this moment I dont totally have an answer on what My opinon is about your question but... my regarsds go out to both of them, one reason is because I am Black and I am female also, and both sides have both proven for my vote, as regards to how they will handle the community.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

  4. #28
    Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In solitude
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Actually females had voting rights long before black people did.

    Women's Rights Movement in the U.S.: Timeline

    Which was decades before this:

    Timeline of the American Civil Rights Movement


    Either way, I feel like both sides deserve thier piece of the pie.
    Actually sprout, they didn't. The thirteenth amendment banned slavery and following the amendments for allowing thE black MAN to vote was the fourteenth(or fifteenth) forgot ^_^;. This shows that white women could NOT in fact vote at all. They were considerered low or beneath the man and only served to hold downt he house. Not engage in politics. Women could NOT vote so.....yea.

    As for the topic:
    HELL YEA WE NEED A BLACK PREZ!
    A black man can run the country just as well as a white man can.

    Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

  5. #29
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Actually females had voting rights long before black people did.

    Women's Rights Movement in the U.S.: Timeline

    Which was decades before this:

    Timeline of the American Civil Rights Movement


    Either way, I feel like both sides deserve thier piece of the pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Actually sprout, they didn't. The thirteenth amendment banned slavery and following the amendments for allowing thE black MAN to vote was the fourteenth(or fifteenth) forgot ^_^;. This shows that white women could NOT in fact vote at all. They were considerered low or beneath the man and only served to hold downt he house. Not engage in politics. Women could NOT vote so.....yea.
    Yeah it's sort of confusing to me then. I certainly thought that the three fifths law was in effect first...Guess you were right atomik

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  6. #30
    Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,643
    Thanks
    235
    Thanked 166 Times in 141 Posts

    Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Actually sprout, they didn't. The thirteenth amendment banned slavery and following the amendments for allowing thE black MAN to vote was the fourteenth(or fifteenth) forgot ^_^;. This shows that white women could NOT in fact vote at all. They were considerered low or beneath the man and only served to hold downt he house. Not engage in politics. Women could NOT vote so.....yea.

    As for the topic:
    HELL YEA WE NEED A BLACK PREZ!
    A black man can run the country just as well as a white man can.
    You got proof to back that up? As far as I know, before women got the right to vote, the only black people allowed to vote were indentured servants (or, "Temporary Slaves" if you wanna call them that). Once I find proof, I'll back these words up.


  7. #31
    Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    here, there, everywhere
    Posts
    1,082
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts

    Talking Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

    Actually I never thought on that one... 'til I saw a movie (do not remember which one) where Denzel Washington was the president of the US...
    And yes I agree with you when you say that the US ppl is not prepared to see a black or a woman as a leader... and a black woman??? that would be terrible!!! lol... anyways, the US ppl really have improve on their way of view towards the minority... and the equality and all that stuff... but I think not even the equality believers are quite ready for such advance...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

  8. #32
    Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    somewhere far far away from here.
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Actually sprout, they didn't. The thirteenth amendment banned slavery and following the amendments for allowing thE black MAN to vote was the fourteenth(or fifteenth) forgot ^_^;. This shows that white women could NOT in fact vote at all. They were considerered low or beneath the man and only served to hold downt he house. Not engage in politics. Women could NOT vote so.....yea.

    As for the topic:
    HELL YEA WE NEED A BLACK PREZ!
    A black man can run the country just as well as a white man can.
    Princesslady is right but after that the South put up poll taxes and literacy taxes to make sure that African-Americans couldn't vote. Thus started the Jim crowe laws. So really atomik is actually right. Since women could vote without any restrictions whatsoever. (As far as my knowledge.) And it was the 15th amendment that gave the African Americans the right to vote..

    13th-Slaves became Free.
    14th- Freed Slaves became Citizens
    15th-Freed Slaves could vote.

    Easier way to remember this as I learned it in the 8th grade:
    13th-Free
    14th-Citizens
    15th-Vote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A World United
    By 59wayz in forum Fanfics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Nov 19, 2007, 11:12 AM
  2. United 93
    By SousukeSagara in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 01, 2006, 08:04 AM
  3. United 93 *tear*
    By Blou in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 01, 2006, 12:18 AM
  4. Roadrunner United - The All-Star Sessions
    By Nightwish in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 03, 2005, 07:01 PM
  5. Pagans in the united states
    By dark_moon in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Jun 01, 2005, 08:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts