+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    I don't think white men are going to vote for a black person or a woman. I just don't see it.
    But doesn't Obama's win in conservative and religious Iowa proves that this statement is false???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

But doesn't Obama's win in conservative and religious Iowa proves that this statement is false???
    It sure does! ^_^

But I'm sure that there are still a bunch of racist white men--and women--who don't feel the same way as Iowa does. I'm certain that there'll have to be another recount in the south if Obama makes presidential candidate. Simply because blacks will DEFINITELY vote for him, as opposed to racist, confederate flag wavin' whites voting republican just to save face.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Well, I think it would be great to have a Black president, or woman for that matter, how you said the question i think you could have refraised it a bit though. like say something like: "How do you feel about having a black president" Or something on those lines. Quite frankly It could be taken the worng way and to some people it could be cosidered as racist. but on ther other hand I would think it would be great if Obama won, not because he's black but because he is a good speaker, and has great organization.
    scince i am on this subject the things i have heard a bout Hilary are that she is loosing most of her votes because people see it as just another way to get Bill back in office.
    But because this contry doesent take change too well so if we were left with the two options of Barack and Hilary, what would we end up with? See barack would make history because he's black, but hillary would make it too because she is a woman. It really is a democratic year this year, At this moment I dont totally have an answer on what My opinon is about your question but... my regarsds go out to both of them, one reason is because I am Black and I am female also, and both sides have both proven for my vote, as regards to how they will handle the community.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Actually females had voting rights long before black people did.

Women's Rights Movement in the U.S.: Timeline

Which was decades before this:

Timeline of the American Civil Rights Movement

Either way, I feel like both sides deserve thier piece of the pie.
    Actually sprout, they didn't. The thirteenth amendment banned slavery and following the amendments for allowing thE black MAN to vote was the fourteenth(or fifteenth) forgot ^_^;. This shows that white women could NOT in fact vote at all. They were considerered low or beneath the man and only served to hold downt he house. Not engage in politics. Women could NOT vote so.....yea.

As for the topic:
    HELL YEA WE NEED A BLACK PREZ!
    A black man can run the country just as well as a white man can.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Actually females had voting rights long before black people did.

Women's Rights Movement in the U.S.: Timeline

Which was decades before this:

Timeline of the American Civil Rights Movement

Either way, I feel like both sides deserve thier piece of the pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Actually sprout, they didn't. The thirteenth amendment banned slavery and following the amendments for allowing thE black MAN to vote was the fourteenth(or fifteenth) forgot ^_^;. This shows that white women could NOT in fact vote at all. They were considerered low or beneath the man and only served to hold downt he house. Not engage in politics. Women could NOT vote so.....yea.
    Yeah it's sort of confusing to me then. I certainly thought that the three fifths law was in effect first...Guess you were right atomik

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

As for the topic:
    You got proof to back that up? As far as I know, before women got the right to vote, the only black people allowed to vote were indentured servants (or, "Temporary Slaves" if you wanna call them that). Once I find proof, I'll back these words up.

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

Actually I never thought on that one... 'til I saw a movie (do not remember which one) where Denzel Washington was the president of the US...
    And yes I agree with you when you say that the US ppl is not prepared to see a black or a woman as a leader... and a black woman??? that would be terrible!!! lol... anyways, the US ppl really have improve on their way of view towards the minority... and the equality and all that stuff... but I think not even the equality believers are quite ready for such advance...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

As for the topic:
    Princesslady is right but after that the South put up poll taxes and literacy taxes to make sure that African-Americans couldn't vote. Thus started the Jim crowe laws. So really atomik is actually right. Since women could vote without any restrictions whatsoever. (As far as my knowledge.) And it was the 15th amendment that gave the African Americans the right to vote..

13th-Slaves became Free.
    14th- Freed Slaves became Citizens
    15th-Freed Slaves could vote.

Easier way to remember this as I learned it in the 8th grade:
    13th-Free
    14th-Citizens
    15th-Vote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast