+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

Quote Originally Posted by Descended From Darkness View Post
    Princesslady is right but after that the South put up poll taxes and literacy taxes to make sure that African-Americans couldn't vote. Thus started the Jim crowe laws. So really atomik is actually right. Since women could vote without any restrictions whatsoever. (As far as my knowledge.) And it was the 15th amendment that gave the African Americans the right to vote..

13th-Slaves became Free.
    14th- Freed Slaves became Citizens
    15th-Freed Slaves could vote.

Easier way to remember this as I learned it in the 8th grade:
    13th-Free
    14th-Citizens
    15th-Vote
    Either way, blacks had no right to vote, because of the ridiculous standards that were put up in order for them to vote. Either way you look at it, it's either the women's or the black people's time to shine in politics.

Now the REAL question is what would we get out of having a black president? (when I say "we", I mean people of color) I seen this thing on BET asking what's in it for us. I normally don't watch BET, but I'm going to watch that Obama special this week. When I find out times and listings, I'll share with the class, LOL.

Newbie jrjtm7850 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    Actually sprout, they didn't. The thirteenth amendment banned slavery and following the amendments for allowing thE black MAN to vote was the fourteenth(or fifteenth) forgot ^_^;. This shows that white women could NOT in fact vote at all. They were considerered low or beneath the man and only served to hold downt he house. Not engage in politics. Women could NOT vote so.....yea.

As for the topic:
    HELL YEA WE NEED A BLACK PREZ!
    A black man can run the country just as well as a white man can.
    Amendment 15 - Race No Bar to Vote. Ratified 2/3/1870. History

1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

here's your proof.

This is a comment toward AtomikSprout.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

Quote Originally Posted by jrjtm7850 View Post
    Amendment 15 - Race No Bar to Vote. Ratified 2/3/1870. History

1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

here's your proof.

This is a comment toward AtomikSprout.
    And where did you get this info?? It's not really proof if I don't have tangible evidence. Gimme a link or somethin'! And at any rate, this is a discussion about "what if," not "what happened".

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, I'd actually prefer a black guy for President over a woman. Could be chauvinistic, maybe not. I think we give women in America enough power as is. Can't even so much as push one without getting arrested. Plus, Do we even need another Clinton in office? Not so sure......... But, In the end, I'll go for the one who'll legalize marijuana. Just loves me herbs. heh heh heh.
    To the panda with the pipe who's name I cannot remember( I know who he is.):hey mofo, lemmie hit dat! I gots herbs to throw in on it.*gets stoned with panda*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    Meh, I'd actually prefer a black guy for President over a woman. Could be chauvinistic, maybe not. I think we give women in America enough power as is. Can't even so much as push one without getting arrested. Plus, Do we even need another Clinton in office? Not so sure......... But, In the end, I'll go for the one who'll legalize marijuana. Just loves me herbs. heh heh heh.
    To the panda with the pipe who's name I cannot remember( I know who he is.):hey mofo, lemmie hit dat! I gots herbs to throw in on it.*gets stoned with panda*
    *Passes pipe*

On a serious note though, I don't think Obama would legalize marijuana. Just 'cuz he's black, that doesn't mean he supports our habits; if ya catch my drift.

I personally wouldn't mind havin' another Clinton in office. Bill was awesome! But I think my vote is gonna rest with Obama, simply because you're right, TaurusDemon. Women DO have a substantial amount of power here in the US, whether they think so or not. In most states--this one especially--most child custody cases are won by the woman. Even if the male is better off financially and mentally. And like you said, you can't even push a lady without gettin' arrested these days.

Then you get these women who think it's okay to use your words against you--even twist them up a bit--just to get thier way in the legal system. If you try to prove her wrong, you're wrong by default. Also--Yeah, I know I can go on forever--a woman can go and get food stamps, no problem; with or without child. But if I go to the government center and ask to be put on food stamps, because I have a son on top of my bills, rent and debt; they'd laugh at me and say get a better job. Good thing for me, I get paid more than they do, LOL.
    *goes back to smoking*

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm fine with a black president. As long as he is well educated and has what I consider to be good morals. Black people can be just as smart as white people its just that our sterotype of a black person comes from rap which makes them look like idiots in the political area. As for obama, I'm not behind him and I'm not old enough to vote yet but if I was it wouldn't be for him.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Newbie jrjtm7850 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    And where did you get this info?? It's not really proof if I don't have tangible evidence. Gimme a link or somethin'! And at any rate, this is a discussion about "what if," not "what happened".
    All you need to do is go to Google and type in Amendments and it will give you multiple links to the Amendment's specifically.

Newbie 59wayz is off to a good start 59wayz's Avatar
    Thanks

Plain and simple Obama had a good chance of becoming president. If he does become president I do see him doing good for our healthcare and education. Other then that, he has no chance in office. Honestly he may make things a bit worst in other important departments. And about Obama legalizing marijuana. He's an "Uncle Tom." He isn't going to legalize it because he doesn't believe in it. Now if a bill were to pass and it came down to Obama's decision, I think he may legalize it for medical use only. Any president (except for Bush) would tell you that marijuana as a medical use would not be a bad idea. Only because of the experiments and tests ran on clinically ill patients and use of marijuana.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast