+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What would happen if the United States elected a Black President?

Quote Originally Posted by jrjtm7850 View Post
    All you need to do is go to Google and type in Amendments and it will give you multiple links to the Amendment's specifically.
    That's not the point I was tryin' to make. What I'm saying is that typically, a person who states fact will provide a link to the site they found said information. If you can't give me an exact location as to wher you found it, your information is not credible.

On another note, Billium: I don't think that a black man--or ANYONE, for that matter--would even make it to the race for presidential candidacy without being educated. Hell, you can't even be a politician without having a good education!! Save a few celebrities who've ran and got voted in to office.

Stating that you'd be for a black president if he's well educated is practically saying that you have high doubts about whether or not black people are educated. Yeah, there's a vast amount of black people who don't have a single problem with falling in to a stereotypical category, but trust me, there are a TON of educated black people--besides Barrack Obama--who are and have been doing plenty of good for the country.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

*cough* You know who got to vote first really has nothing to do with the subject. It's like arguing who's broken bone hurt worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrjtm7850 View Post
    what would happen if the United States was to elect a Black man for President? Is our country "ready" for one?
    Now I am not racist, nor do i underestimate the candidate, but personally I do not think that our country is ready for a Black President. Honestly, I don't think our country is prepared to have a woman as President.

What do you guys think?
    I think that if anyone is elected because they are black, female, or for that asexual and chartreuse then we are in trouble. No one should be elected because of what they look like but because they can do the job and have the character to survive 4 years of the shark infested waters called Washington DC. I don't think Obama could survive the job and I will refrain from comments on Clinton's character but if Rice had run I would have voted for her.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    No one should be elected because of what they look like but because they can do the job and have the character to survive 4 years of the shark infested waters called Washington DC. I don't think Obama could survive the job and I will refrain from comments on Clinton's character but if Rice had run I would have voted for her.
    Yes... that it is true... however... we cannot overlook that many ppl are still racist against black ppl and women...
    With Hillary Clinton as candidate... she has not been fully accepted and she should... as a regular candidate... ppl still comment: "a woman is not to be president!!! women are for the kinchen!!" and so on...and most of the ppl does not see her as a good leader because she is a woman...

(a while (like 2 years) ago my aunt asked me if I liked someone... and I pointed at him... he happened to be a black guy... and she turned to me and said with a freaky face: "A BLACK MAN?!?!?!?!?!... aren't there enough white men that u had to choose a black one??".... I just left... I was really mad...
    I mean...we are on the 21st century... and even so... she asked me that...
    imagine what ppl like her would do if a black person goes as a candidate of the US...)
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

*cough* You know who got to vote first really has nothing to do with the subject. It's like arguing who's broken bone hurt worse.
    I think that if anyone is elected because they are black, female, or for that asexual and chartreuse then we are in trouble. No one should be elected because of what they look like but because they can do the job and have the character to survive 4 years of the shark infested waters called Washington DC. I don't think Obama could survive the job and I will refrain from comments on Clinton's character but if Rice had run I would have voted for her.
    Really?? Condoleeza Rice?? I just can't picture it. I mean, she's got mad political experience, so I guess it's possible, but I don't think she'd do as well as Obama is doing. I'm fairly certain that she'd win a number of states, but I doubt she'd even compare to Clinton's progress either.

And--in my personal opinion--I don't think too many blacks would vote for a black republican. I know I wouldn't (says my black half ).

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Yes... that it is true... however... we cannot overlook that many ppl are still racist against black ppl and women...
    On the contrary we could and should. Fact is the only reason we hear about it is because the news loves creating controversy. Tell them to bugger off. The only issue's they should be reporting are the real ones that determine the candidates qualifications to do the job. To do otherwise legitimizes the loons that wander about on the fringes of society saying things like "I hope someone shoots ___."
    Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Really?? Condoleeza Rice?? I just can't picture it. I mean, she's got mad political experience, so I guess it's possible, but I don't think she'd do as well as Obama is doing. I'm fairly certain that she'd win a number of states, but I doubt she'd even compare to Clinton's progress either.
    As a matter of fact most Presidents elected were either previous State Governors or the Secretary of State. Why do you think she had to keep telling everyone she wasn't running?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

On the contrary we could and should. Fact is the only reason we hear about it is because the news loves creating controversy. Tell them to bugger off. The only issue's they should be reporting are the real ones that determine the candidates qualifications to do the job. To do otherwise legitimizes the loons that wander about on the fringes of society saying things like "I hope someone shoots ___."
    As a matter of fact most Presidents elected were either previous State Governors or the Secretary of State. Why do you think she had to keep telling everyone she wasn't running?
    I agree with you about how the media loves to create controversy and how the only thing that matters is what makes a person presidential material and our country's real issues. In my opinion, the person can be blue, with pink hair and his name could be like... Archimedes Jailrape. And as long as he's got a clean, decent record--with a good political background to boot--I'd probably vote for him.

And regarding your statement about Condoleeza Rice: Touche. Good point. ^_^

Otaku shikashu may be famous one day shikashu may be famous one day shikashu's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm...very interesting topic.

This is up to the electoral people, in what they want. But basically we need something better than Bush at this point (doesn't matter the color), we need someone that can fix Bush's errors, a person to fix the economy, a person to get Iraq fix once and for all ("Audience Q: If we confirm that there are no nuclear weapons on Iraq, the what the HELL ARE OUR TROOPS DOING OVER THERE?!), and a person to get this country back on its feet.
    I just don't know how white supremacist groups would take this (note: back in 2007, the news reported of a death thread for Obama from supremacist groups).
    GOD, why can they just give it a rest and mature up (first the black guy, now the immigrant, there's always an excuse and sticky note of blameT_T~_~M_M).

Edit: I just hope they don't do it like 2000 again in the elections.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jan 11, 2008 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

Arigatou Nao chan for the sig^_^
    warning, dangerous diclonious on the lose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6