Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: what would you do if (asked to lend).....

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

what would you do if (asked to lend).....

Hey guys I was lounging about yesterday and one of my friend asked to look at my movies, he saw one he like and said "you should let me borrow that" the question I am getting with this is, What would you do if one of your friends saw something and said "You have to let me watch, borrow, that". What would your first responce be? With me I would be like,
    "Is that a question or a statement" once they clarify that
    if question
    "I will think about it, but next time make it sound like a question"
    if statement,
    "No. you didn't ask."
    What about you? would you do the same? would you do things differently? I am more likly to lend something out if I was asked first but if they just say You have to let me.... I am more prone to say no but that is me, it also depends on if I have hung out with the person enough to know what they would mean when they say it. my best friend at Job Corps is one of the few exeptions, only because I know how he is (room mates and at one point couldnt get away from him) lol anyways I am running out of things on topic right now so I end it by saying, ask and you most likely can, tell and you cant. that is how I work I would like to see what you guys would do in this type of situation.
    Ichigo out~
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Newbie Shadows1021 is off to a good start Shadows1021's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what would you do if.....

Yeah i would say no even if i did hang out with the person seeing how most of my friends won't take good care of there own stuff what make me think they would take care of mines then again im to nice to say no.
    Signature Picture

Im Bi and if you don't like it well XP to you too

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I would do the same, but the only difference is if it was statement,& if he was close to me, I would refuse & say the same thing & tell him that next time if he wanted something he would better ask it in a good way & guide him.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

It's a matter of preference, really. I probably would let the guy borrow whatever he wanted, depending on the person.

If it was one of my younger siblings, then I'd probably say somethin' like, "Ya gonna ask me first?" But, were it a close friend, I'd probably just let it slide. I say things like, "You should let me borrow this/that," all the time. I don't look at it as a demand, really; more of an informal way of asking.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

My own cousin likes to steal from me and when he asks me if he wants to borrow it, I keep saying no, and he still steals it, its annoying really. and he manages to lose it, I would say no if the next person wants to borrow any of my movies. I still have to see how they live or how clean their room is.

Newbie Orochimaru is off to a good start Orochimaru's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what would you do if (asked to lend).....

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo_06 View Post
    Hey guys I was lounging about yesterday and one of my friend asked to look at my movies, he saw one he like and said "you should let me borrow that" the question I am getting with this is, What would you do if one of your friends saw something and said "You have to let me watch, borrow, that". What would your first responce be? With me I would be like,
    "Is that a question or a statement" once they clarify that
    if question
    "I will think about it, but next time make it sound like a question"
    if statement,
    "No. you didn't ask."
    What about you? would you do the same? would you do things differently? I am more likly to lend something out if I was asked first but if they just say You have to let me.... I am more prone to say no but that is me, it also depends on if I have hung out with the person enough to know what they would mean when they say it. my best friend at Job Corps is one of the few exeptions, only because I know how he is (room mates and at one point couldnt get away from him) lol anyways I am running out of things on topic right now so I end it by saying, ask and you most likely can, tell and you cant. that is how I work I would like to see what you guys would do in this type of situation.
    Ichigo out~
    If it was me I would say no cause every time i let someone borrow my stuff i ether lose it to them or i get it back damaged.
    Do you know the happiness and sence of accomplishment you gain when you have a chance to hurt the one you called "master"?

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadows1021 View Post
    Yeah i would say no even if i did hang out with the person seeing how most of my friends won't take good care of there own stuff what make me think they would take care of mines then again im to nice to say no.
    Well see some people cant be judged like that though, I mean look at me for example, I will take better care of other peoples stuff more them my own, if it was something of mine, I would probably throw it across the room (depending on what it is) if it was a friends or someone elses, I would walk it over there, also depending on if I can trust the person or not would determine if I ask for collateral just in case something happens to it, Ya know?
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: what would you do if (asked to lend).....

I think I may have heard my friends say something like that, but I honestly don't mind. As atomik_sprout said, it's just sort of an informal way of asking. I think I'm probably guilty of doing it myself sometimes. I don't mind lending things out, since my friends usually take care of the stuff, and I usually borrow something from them at the same time, so that works too.

But no, I wouldn't mind that wording at all.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast