Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: what are your ideas on a strict parent(s)?

Newbie juLLiE_cHu may be famous one day juLLiE_cHu may be famous one day juLLiE_cHu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: what are your ideas on a strict parent(s)?

I use to have them not anymore..I don't depend on them. I kind of miss them being strict...because I guess to me its an odd way of showing they care..hey even now my sister who's only 1 year older than me is strict on me..I don't care. Sometimes I fight back adn try to explain to her she's not my mom. Though for my parents..I just sometimes (rarely) put up a fight. They still treat me like a lil baby -_-". still..it's sometimes fun..I guess you just have to live with it. You'll eventually grow to have kids and be strict on them. lol..^-^

SPECIAL THANKS TO: N!tr0-Glyc3r1n, TaurausDemon23, and Surio; for helping me put up my sig =)

sig made by me =)
    juLLiE_cHu-- -"doushite konna ni suki nan darou"-- -

Newbie hinata89 may be famous one day hinata89 may be famous one day
    Thanks

i don't know my mom taught me the difference between right and wrong and she trusts me entierly so i get to do pretty much whatever i want and have no curfeiw. and sure i'm not and angel but i would never do anything too dangerouse or out of my confort zone

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea.. Parents should be strict with their kids. I can't stand parents pampering their children and even get p*ssifed when it comes to disciplining their kids.
    It's because of the parent's failure of bringing their children that causes a lot of misbehaviours and complete spoil brats.

Ofcourse, there is an extent to everything. I'd say, be extremely strict while they are still toddlers. And then as they grow up, parents may lay their hands off them for a while and observe more. Because, we tend to recall our childhood memories. If it was bad, we don't wanna go there again. So it's better to give them this phoebia.
    From there, as teenagers, they can start thinking on their own whether they wanna go through the spanks for screwing up even as an innocent kid, what more now a teenager, capable to graduate for higher 'crimes'.

However, do not be extremely strict when they are still young. Hatred develops from there. ^^lll

baa~
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Otaku Libitina may be famous one day Libitina may be famous one day Libitina's Avatar
    Thanks

strict parents are good.....but as long as they don't go overboard....my parents are strict but not too much. I think its also important to give children freedom so they can learn by their actions....because in some cases the more you protect them the more curious they get and they want to do those things...but since they are not allowed they do it quietly...which I think is worse....

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

My parents are the most laid back parents you could imagine. I sometimes wonder if I would have turned out to be a better person if they were more strict, but I believe this depends on the child. You can be a well behaved person, and not have strict parents, but a child who just doesn't know how to act, needs someone to set him/her straight.

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

strict parents can be the best parents if your wealthy and semi happy in your home but they can be a royal pain in the ass. As other posters said above the teach you good dicipline.

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

too much discipline is a bad thing. It turns kids into boring ppl who no one likes to be around. Pushovers. THan they take all that anger onto there kids. No NO

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

The way I think is this. Picture this as learning how to ride a bike, the parents need to hold on to the bike from behind to prevent the kid from falling, then the parents need to slowly let go so he/she can ride by him/herself.

Parents needs to know when to let go and let the their kids ride where ever they feel like. The parents will stand back and see where the kids go and if their kids fall, parents needs to give their hands and help them up again. If the parents never let go from behind, their children end up being chained down and won't be able to ride as freely.

My parents never gets too involved about my life, they know its my life and my future.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast