Closed Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 89 to 96 of 157

Thread: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

  1. #89
    AO's Demon Slayer Hexxagon Champion, Match Stick Soccer Champion Blade X may be famous one day Blade X may be famous one day Blade X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Protecting my loved one.
    Posts
    1,601
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    well hellknight u might wanna look outside the US, here in the UK gay marriage is now accept and of coz u all know tht Elton John is gay n was the first to get marriage under the new law. It doesnt matter to me whether u're gay or not...so long as u're in love tht's fine by me. But there's something bisexual girls tht are so sexy (sorry being so stereotypical male abt tht) XD

    Thanks for the siggy Ky-lyrra

  2. #90
    AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    705
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Actualy it is if you are a practicing Christian/Jew/Muslim. At least if you bother to follow the scriptures. Throwing out someone's opinion just because it is based on their religion is just as foolish as throwing someone's opinion out because it doesn't. To them it's about God. To you it isn't. That doesn't make the one opinion more valid then the other.



    ...and for the record, I believe Miroku and I hashed this out a year ago and I'm still tired of the subject.
    Ok, i understand, BUT>>> Look at it this way. You cant ban same sex marriges and relationships just because god supposidly said so. For 1, its just a book, theres no proof god said it. 2. Not everyone believes in god, and that is forcing your religion onto other people by telling them they cant marry who they love just because god said so. Its taking away peoples freedoms and rights. If you want to marry some1 you love, go ahead. Why does any1 else care? And for the people who say "its not natural", Define natural? If it happens to you, with out man interffereing, its not artifficial created, its not intended, its not created, it just happens, then its natural. Homosexuality is natural, becuase it just happens to people. If you still dont think so, think of it this way. Humans are the only creatures on the planet, who feel love. That seems pretty unnatural to me. Since every other animal has no emotion such as love, and we do, then were unnatural. Cutting your hair is unnatural. Clothing is unnatural. Eating processed foods and cooking food is unnatural. Technology itself is unnatural. You cant be hippocritical about it. IF you say one cannot do something simply becuase its unnatural, then that means anything unnatural should be banned.

  3. #91
    Newbie diguised.as.a.lover may be famous one day diguised.as.a.lover may be famous one day diguised.as.a.lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Hmm. ok I am against same sex marriage. Yes, because God says it's wrong, but I can still debate it without bringing God into it.
    One clue that it is wrong is that if two people of the same sex marry they can't reproduce. If people can't reproduce ( of course there are those people out there that can't reproduce for medical reasons too) but if you can't naturally reproduce then why should you marry? The poplation can't grow if people don't reproduce.
    Yes maybe what they have is true love. But you can fall in love with anyone that has a compatiable personality. If can be male or female. There are people have more than one love in there life.
    I have nothing against gay people. I'm not going to judge you. God says to love everyone. But I do think what they're doing is wrong.

  4. #92
    Otaku MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan may be famous one day MistressMorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Im not sure but someone get me out of here!
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by diguised.as.a.lover View Post
    Hmm. ok I am against same sex marriage. Yes, because God says it's wrong, but I can still debate it without bringing God into it.
    One clue that it is wrong is that if two people of the same sex marry they can't reproduce. If people can't reproduce ( of course there are those people out there that can't reproduce for medical reasons too) but if you can't naturally reproduce then why should you marry? The poplation can't grow if people don't reproduce.
    Yes maybe what they have is true love. But you can fall in love with anyone that has a compatiable personality. If can be male or female. There are people have more than one love in there life.
    I have nothing against gay people. I'm not going to judge you. God says to love everyone. But I do think what they're doing is wrong.
    Now that we have artificial semination and surrogate mothers everyone can reproduce. Also there are so many kids without healthy homes. Adoption is always an option. So I dont think that reproduction is a problem for gay couples.

  5. #93
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    If you want to marry some1 you love, go ahead. Why does any1 else care? And for the people who say "its not natural", Define natural? If it happens to you, with out man interffereing, its not artifficial created, its not intended, its not created, it just happens, then its natural. Homosexuality is natural, becuase it just happens to people.
    Based on your logic incest, pediophilia, beastiality, and masochism/sadism is perfectly natural sexual acts as well, because it happens. Does that mean they should be allowed to marry their child/children and pets and torture people as well? After all it happens.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

  6. #94
    Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Warp
    Posts
    1,166
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    "What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships"

    (IF: You don't have the time or the energy to read a long post, jump to the end of this)

    For most of my life since I've known about the existance of same-sex relationships I've typically had the mindset "Whatever goes on behind closed doors isn't really my business in the first place so let them do as they choose" This mindset was of course with the other mindset of "so long as the rights of others are not interfered with" I do like to be open minded about somethings, this subject included.

    However, my views have changed a bit in the recent years as I have entered college and I am in the process of getting a PHD in Psychology. I have come across studies over the years which have investigated same sex relationships as well as homosexuality as a whole. Many of these studys were done with people, many of these studies were done with lab rats. One such study showed that male rats, which were castrated to prevent testosterone playing a role on their developing brain were treated with estrogen in it's place, their brain would finish it's development and later in life the rat would exhibit feminin behaviors to the extent that it would actually cause other male rats to attempt to mate with it.

    Other studies have shown the same case for the female rats who were treated with testosterone in the absence of estrogen, they were more aggressive than other females, and attempted to mount other females.

    Also, a quite remarkable study discovered one of the first real structural differences between the male and female brain in humans. It seems that a section of the hypothalamus is twice as large in males of our species than in females of our species. A few years later something remarkable was also discovered. Disected brains of homosexual males, when compared to heterosexual males showed this same difference. The actual structure of their brains was different, the homosexual males brains resembling that of a female. This provides hard evidence that people can actually be born with their sexual preference already branded into them. Many also speculate this is the cause of those who seek sex change operations, many of whom describe themselves as a man in a woman's body or a woman in a man's body. It could very well be possible that during development, their body developed into a male and their mind developed into a female. Considering the physical sex characteristics of an individual are decided at conception, and the development of the brain takes place many weeks after and the presence or absence of male/female sex hormones in the mother does play a role in how the brain develops this possibility cannot at this time be ruled out. Much more research is needed in this area, but I am currently a subscriber to this possibility.


    So incase you don't have the attention span to read all that:




    I am for homosexual relationships based on the evidence which suggests that people can be born homosexual and actually can have the mind of one gender while having the body of another.

    You are free of course to debate with my viewpoint, but if you do I would request you read my post in it's entirety, not just the cheat-sheet at the end.

  7. #95
    Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    962
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Based on your logic incest, pediophilia, beastiality, and masochism/sadism is perfectly natural sexual acts as well, because it happens. Does that mean they should be allowed to marry their child/children and pets and torture people as well? After all it happens.
    Arianna that was totally uncalled for. Gay and lesbian people are not doing anything illegal or inhumane. I can't believe you would even compare homosexuality to these disgusting acts. Homosexuality is perfectly natural they aren't harming anyone by being who they are. Seriously do you realize what you just said?
    ____________________________________________

  8. #96
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts

    Re: What are your views on same sex marriages or relationships

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Arianna that was totally uncalled for. Gay and lesbian people are not doing anything illegal or inhumane. I can't believe you would even compare homosexuality to these disgusting acts. Homosexuality is perfectly natural they aren't harming anyone by being who they are. Seriously do you realize what you just said?
    I realize exactly what I said and it seemed a perfectly reasonable response to his statement.
    If it happens to you, with out man interffereing, its not artifficial created, its not intended, its not created, it just happens, then its natural. Homosexuality is natural, becuase it just happens to people.
    I find that absurd. Manslaughter just happens. Natural disasters just happen. If you are going to defend something by claiming it happens then you can join the ranks of pedophiles because that is their rational as well. " I feel love for a child, it just happens." How about for a daughter? " I love my daughter, it's not like I planned it it just happened." Just because someone feels something it does not justify their actions and trying to use feelings as justification for those actions is absurd. Just because someone does something, or several someone's, does not make it natural either.

    If you want to see how to make a logical defense for such see frr_vegeta's post.


    Which reminds me.

    @frr_vegeta: According to the studies I had read about differences found in the brain between homosexuals and heterosexuals the researchers found the results to be inconclusive as to the cause. Evidently it has been proven that someone's actions/thoughts will actually change the formation of the brain and as a result they could not say whether the brain was like that because they were homosexual or whether they were homosexual because their brain was like that.

    Were the studies you are refering to seperate or are they the same?

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kingdom Hearts 3 any views or theories
    By Xelhes in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2006, 09:10 PM
  2. What are your views Dungeons and Dragons?
    By SuperDude22 in forum Sensory Pleasures
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Oct 16, 2006, 02:22 AM
  3. Amazon touts anti-Israeli views,
    By sheila19621 in forum Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 22, 2006, 10:49 AM
  4. relationships
    By asianprincess18 in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Feb 02, 2006, 02:25 PM
  5. Your views on..... (Smoking, Drinking)
    By Weebl in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Dec 07, 2005, 07:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts